View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sep. 14th - Resident Evil: Retribution (Sci-Fi adventure with Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez)

6 10.71%
  • Sep. 21st - The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Drama with Emma Watson, Dylan McDermott and Paul Rudd)

17 30.36%
  • Sep. 28th – Looper (Sci-Fi action with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt)

19 33.93%
  • Sep. 28th - Won't Back Down (Drama with Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Holly Hunter)

10 17.86%
  • Oct. 5th - Pitch Perfect (Musical comedy with Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow)

18 32.14%
  • Oct. 5th - Butter (Comedy with Jennifer Garner, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone)

6 10.71%
  • Oct. 26th - Cloud Atlas (Sci-Fi mystery with Tom Hanks, Hugh Grant, Halle Berry and Jim Sturgess)

18 32.14%
  • Nov. 2nd - Flight (Drama with Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle and Melissa Leo)

12 21.43%
  • Nov. 9th - Skyfall (Adventure with Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem)

24 42.86%
  • Nov. 16th The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson)

7 12.50%
  • Nov. 21st - Life of Pi (Adventure drama with Tobey Maguire and Gérard Depardieu)

19 33.93%
  • Nov. 21st - Red Dawn (Action with Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan)

10 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm sure I'm in a minority -- probably a very tiny one -- but I'm inclined to call Lincoln the best film Spielberg has ever done. He struck a remarkable balance between hagiography and warts-and-all. It can't have been easy to do. And I agree, now, that Day-Lewis has that Oscar in the bag -- as he should.
    I thought it was great too. I think Tony Kushner's script was able to keep Spielberg away from pulling into his manipulative bag of tricks, which is a good thing. It is definitely his best movie in many, many years. I loved the support cast throughout the film as well: David Straitharn (always under-rated), Tommy Lee Jones, Hal Holbrook, Lee Pace, James Spader.

And peeps, I'll remind you again as "Silver Linings Playbook" is slowly expanding: go see it, you'll love it!!!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I went to see a movie this afternoon, but was turned back by the mass of people and cars in the parking lot of the mall. Next I tried a smaller shopping mall, and I was about to buy a ticket for Silver linings.... but then I realized that if I just wait until tomorrow morning, I could see it for half the price.

In any case, I plan to see two more movies this long weekend. My initial plan was to see three more, but Black Friday made me change my mind.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm posting the releases for next week early as I'm about to start the new thread for the December/January/February period. I noticed that only a small amount of people seem to vote in the poll attached to this thread. Do so few people go see new movies? Do I need tips for making better poll options? Do tell! As for the the releases next week...

I do not recommend any of the smaller films about to come out. Sorry Brad Pitt, Malcom McDowell, Colm Meaney and Robert Carlyse...

November 30 Killing Them Softly (Crime drama with Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Sam Shepard, Ray Liotta and Richard Jenkins)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDyaNnrgdp4

November 30 American Scream (Documentary. From imdb.com: “An original documentary which follows three families in a small seaside town in Massachusetts as they prepare for their annual home made haunted houses.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQMkrdzD3xM

November 30 California Solo (Drama with Robert Carlyle, Kathleen Wilhoite, A Martinez, Michael Des Barres and Danny Masterson)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiiqp5J30w

November 30 The Collection (horror with newer cast and Lee Tergesen)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIIOQECnR14

November 30 Parked (Drama with Colm Meaney)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_fTqL3Szo0

November 30 Silent Night (Horror with Malcom McDowell, Lisa Marie and Brendan Fehr)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLw3GmHQqA

P.S. In addition to not recommending any of this movies, I omitted about five others being released whose trailers who were so awful, I just deleted them immediately from my list!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    The Collector and Killing Them Softly both look really good!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    OK, so shoot me. I went to see Wreck-it Ralph in 3D last week and loved it. Friend and I had a private showing; we were the only ones in the theater. It was great.

Also saw The Other Son recently; I enjoyed that and would give it B+.

vCash
    Saw Red Dawn today and hile it was not as awful as I had feared there was sill a lot about the movie tat I found wanting. Like a believable plot, and the fact that the Chinese were digitally removed as the bad guys. North Korea is just not believable as the invaders. But the movie looks good. Chris Helmsworth better pray for a long life a long life to the Avengers franchise because all his other movies sucks.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I finally saw 'Argo' today. It was great. Should receive a best picture nomination.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    wreck it ralph!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    OK, so shoot me. I went to see Wreck-it Ralph in 3D last week and loved it. Friend and I had a private showing; we were the only ones in the theater. It was great.
    I've heard good things about this movie. So I will leave my pistol in its' case.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I saw 'Silver linings playbook' today. I am not into comedies but I liked this one. It's very well done, and the acting is great. There is a buzz about Jennifer Lawrence being the favorite to win the Oscar, but IMO it's a bit early for that, because many other movies have not yet been released. Les Mis will have some top quality acting, I am sure. Bradley Cooper is very good looking. I had never seen him in a movie.

vCash
    Wanted to see Lincoln but it isn't showing in our tiny town so went to see Skyfall. It was really good, I am not normally a fan of bond films, but this really was good. It had more substance to it than most of the franchise.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I saw 'Silver linings playbook' today. I am not into comedies but I liked this one. It's very well done, and the acting is great. There is a buzz about Jennifer Lawrence being the favorite to win the Oscar, but IMO it's a bit early for that, because many other movies have not yet been released. Les Mis will have some top quality acting, I am sure. Bradley Cooper is very good looking. I had never seen him in a movie.
    I lurved, lurved, lurved Jennifer Lawrence in this movie. To me, she was the egg that bound the film together. Right now it appears she and Jessica Chastain in "Zero Dark Thirty" are the ones who will duke it out in the Oscar/Golden Globe races. I think all the women's parts in "Les Miz" will be considered in the supporting categories.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Last weekend caught "Skyfall" and thought it was good, the action sequences are amazing. I have to say, I didn't really find the Javier Bardem villian with a mother-fixation particularly compelling however.

Yesterday I saw "Life of Pi," which was visually amazing, especially in 3D (which I rarely ever spring for). I hadn't read the book, so I had no idea what to expect. It's definitely not the type of movie that one normally associates with using the 3D technology, but it did work well. I think it may not be the choice for every type of film, but someone like Ang Lee who has excellent [i]mise-en-scence[/e] technique to begin with is able to pull it off. I can easily envision this film getting quite a few technical Oscar nominations. I have some conflicting in my mind regarding the whole spiritual journey the character takes, but I guess that just means the film was pretty effective, as I am still thinking about it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213