View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sep. 14th - Resident Evil: Retribution (Sci-Fi adventure with Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez)

6 10.71%
  • Sep. 21st - The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Drama with Emma Watson, Dylan McDermott and Paul Rudd)

17 30.36%
  • Sep. 28th – Looper (Sci-Fi action with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt)

19 33.93%
  • Sep. 28th - Won't Back Down (Drama with Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Holly Hunter)

10 17.86%
  • Oct. 5th - Pitch Perfect (Musical comedy with Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow)

18 32.14%
  • Oct. 5th - Butter (Comedy with Jennifer Garner, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone)

6 10.71%
  • Oct. 26th - Cloud Atlas (Sci-Fi mystery with Tom Hanks, Hugh Grant, Halle Berry and Jim Sturgess)

18 32.14%
  • Nov. 2nd - Flight (Drama with Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle and Melissa Leo)

12 21.43%
  • Nov. 9th - Skyfall (Adventure with Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem)

24 42.86%
  • Nov. 16th The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson)

7 12.50%
  • Nov. 21st - Life of Pi (Adventure drama with Tobey Maguire and Gérard Depardieu)

19 33.93%
  • Nov. 21st - Red Dawn (Action with Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan)

10 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    Hmm... I haven't actually watched the trailer for this yet and it's been ages since I saw the original. I may change my mind about watching it.
    Don't let my Debbie Downer moment distract you. When you think about it, how many movies do not use some sort of violence to bring about resolution to a problem? (So enjoy the gunfare!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I for one, am really tired of Paul Rudd. He plays the same part in every film he is in. He's the male Jennifer Aniston.
    That makes one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Watching Battleship on PPV and I'm 10 minutes in and want my money back. LOL
    I read a review of Battleship (in Entertainment Weekly?) and they said it was much better than one should expect. It's coming out on DVD in the next week I think, I'm looking forward to the library getting it. (Our library got 110 copies of The Hunger Games by the way! )
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

having a nice day
    vCash
    My pics:
    Skyfall
    the Master -whee, Joaquin is baaaaack! and looking sooooo much more bad than he did in "I'm Still Here" lol
    the Paperboy-mostly because of Nicole Kidman, she looks pretty bad herself whee!
    Seven Psycopaths-I did like "In Bruges"....
    this Must Be The Place

pass on "Lincoln"-Steven SPEILBERG???! meh. I don't think even Daniel-Day Lewis can make up for that.....

vCash
    Will absolutely watch:
    Cloud Atlas
    Life of Pi
    Skyfall
    Looper
    Hotel Hotel Transylvania
    Frankenweenie
    Wreck It Ralph

Probably/Maybe:
    Butter
    The master
    Dredd
    Seven Psychopaths

Thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by DAngel; 08-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Definitely: Lincoln.

Maybe: Skyfall.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    That makes one of you.
    I'll start a club...

vCash
    I was over at my parents' house when a commercial for Resident Evil came on. I said something to the effect of "Geez, there are still morons who want to see these movies?"

To which my Dad says, "I want to see this movie."

So yeah, I guess I'm taking my dad to see Resident Evil.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    I was over at my parents' house when a commercial for Resident Evil came on. I said something to the effect of "Geez, there are still morons who want to see these movies?"
    Gee, thanks.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    You know, I felt the same way about these movies. I came into this series late. I think it was something I stumbled onto, like switching channels one afternoon and seeing an interesting scene and then watching the rest of the movie. I think the Resident Evil movies are good popcorn-movies. Have you seen one the whole way through? Another plus is that this is an action series with a female lead, the next one is #5. Has any female-led action-film series made it to #5? You'll have to watch just for this historic aspect!

Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I really want to see "Lincoln." The combination of Daniel Day Lewis and a screenplay by Tony Kushner gives me high hopes.
    Hmm. While there isn't a trailer for this one yet, my thought while searching for one was, "good lord, this is going to be dry..." But I'm not one to critique a film until I have seen it's trailer.

I'll start a club...
    Let us know how the elections gol.

vCash
    I'll start a club...
    I'd be happy to join, but I'm pleased to announce that I have never seen Anniston in a single thing, either TV or movies. If I have seen Rudd, I don't remember. Can I be a club member at large?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I'd be happy to join, but I'm pleased to announce that I have never seen Anniston in a single thing, either TV or movies. If I have seen Rudd, I don't remember. Can I be a club member at large?
    You certainly can, dear. We'll meet @ PeterG's house for a potluck .

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    You certainly can, dear. We'll meet @ PeterG's house for a potluck .
    Sounds great. But sometimes the buzzer at the intercom doesn't work, so just keep on pressing on that thing until I answer..........................

vCash
    Here is a new interview with Avengers director Joss Whedon. He talks about Avengers 2 and an upcoming tv project based on S.H.E.I.L.D.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/joss...nes-and-shield

vCash
    I want to see Looper, Wreck-It Ralph, and possibly Frankenweenie, though for the latter I'll probably wait for the dvd.

vCash
    Saw Bourne Legacy. I thought it was well done. I wonder if they'll bring the Cross/Bourne characters together in future installments.

For those who've seen it, I have a question:

Spoiler

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lots of smaller movies being released this week. However, after viewing the trailers, none will be in boldface (which are my recommendations). A number of them were "almost's" though, but as it stands, none are being added to my To See List. (And what about "The Details"...what a cast - yet no trailer for this movie on youtube?? )

Sep 05 Detropia (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A documentary on the city of Detroit and its woes, which are emblematic of the collapse of the U.S. manufacturing base.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRce1KFsH-g

Sep 05 For Ellen (Drama with Paul Dano, John Heder and Jena Malone)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZdUkvXgyBo

Sep 05 Girl Model (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A documentary on the modeling industry's 'supply chain' between Siberia, Japan, and the U.S., told through the experiences of the scouts, agencies, and a 13-year-old model.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbALBvRek1k

Sep 07 Bachelorette (Comedy with Isla Fisher, James Marsden, Rebel Wilson, Adam Scott and Kirsten Dunst)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXt6qV4WoA

Sep 07 Branded (Action drama with Max von Sydow Leelee Sobieski and Jeffrey Tambor)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ5p7l1hNuQ

Sep 07 The Eye of the Storm (Drama with Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnggFuFknl4

Sep 07 Hello I Must Be Going (Romantic comedy with new cast featuring Blythe Danner)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g71WfCXUTrY

Sep 07 Keep the Lights On (Drama with new cast)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MR1nNgSM6M

Sep 07 Toys in the Attic (Animated family fantasy with Forest Whitaker, Joan Cusack, Cary Elwes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWui_Jaw9Og

Sep 07 REC 3: Genesis (Horror thriller from Spain)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKW1o3zrZpU

Sep 07 The Details (Comedy with Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Banks, Laura Linney, Kerry Washington, Sam Trammell [True Blood] and Ray Liotta)
    …no trailer at youtube or at imdb.com…

Sep 09 Bait 3D (Action thriller with new cast)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-5PAIWO2o

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Caught up on some DVDs this weekend while I was home sick ( -- aside from the complete suckage of being sick on a long weekend ... who the heck gets a cold in August?):

Headhunters, Norwegian thriller based on a Jo Nesbo book (not one I'd read -- which was good, I don't think it would have been half as much fun if I'd known the plot). Very enjoyable, did everthing I expect a thriller to do without being too ott on the gore meter. Plus fun to see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jaime Lannister) in another role.

Sita Sings the Blues, an animated version of an Indian traditional story. There's been a lot of hype about this, and IMO the movie doesn't quite live up to that degree ... but still enjoyable.

Elephant, the Gus Van Sant film inspired by / loosely based on the Columbine shooting. I'm still not sure how I feel about this one. Rather than a classic narrative, it's more a series of images, some of which are deliberately provocative, some of which I think could have been left on the cutting room floor. It certainly doesn't satisfactorily answer any "why" questions, though of course it isn't obligated to do wo. Where it does succeed, however, is illustrate the absolute hell that is high school for so many young people, and gets us to reflect on how we might do a better job of supporting teens who don't "fit in."

vCash
    I really want to see "Lincoln." The combination of Daniel Day Lewis and a screenplay by Tony Kushner gives me high hopes.
    I just can't see Daniel Day Lewis as a vampire killer.

Seriously, I'm going to a preview for 'The Words" tonight.

Afterlife
    vCash
    I got The Definitive Tracy & Hepburn box set for my birthday. I'd been looking for it for close to a year so I'm pretty happy now. I already had 3 of their movies, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Adam's Rib and Without Love. So I donated my old copies to my mum. I've now seen Woman of the Year, State of the Union, Pat & Mike and Desk Set. I've been trying to find those movies for ages and it had been next to impossible so I'm pretty happy right now. I had already seen Woman of the Year but it was so long ago I had forgotten it.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash

(I'll try to ignore the fact that Spielberg's last few films have been rather pedestrian.)
    I've already pegged DDL for an Oscar, I love him!

I want to see Wreck it Ralph, Looper, Pitch Perfect and Les Misérables.

vCash
    The Words was a wonderful movie. Jeremy Irons is the stand out in this. Definitely well worth seeing!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast