Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I hope Sui recovers well, but my main concern is that the Chinese fed might try to rush her recovery and put her back on the ice too soon, hoping that isn't the case.
    And it's the kind of injury that happened in the first place because of over-training...

vCash
    Bumping up this thread one month later... This was posted about Sui/Han on September 19 in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roskate View Post
    S/H already decided to pull out of NHK weeks ago... They have to pull out because Sui has an injury.
    Does anyone know of/can find a (Chinese) article link that confirms Sui's injury and their withdrawal from both Cup of China and NHK Trophy? They're still listed as of today for both GPs on the ISU site as of 9/20.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I know it doesnt have to do with this thread, but does anyone know why He Zhang isn't competing in the JGP? I enjoyed him a lot last year

vCash
    It was noted in the JGP Entries thread in Kiss and Cry that He ZHANG originally was listed, and then withdrawn, from both the 1st and 3rd JGP events, so the assumption is that he must be injured. Both he and Han YAN reportedly spent some time training in Lake Arrowhead, California earlier this summer.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Does anyone know of/can find a (Chinese) article link that confirms Sui's injury and their withdrawal from both Cup of China and NHK Trophy? They're still listed as of today for both GPs on the ISU site as of 9/20.
    Haven't seen anything yet. Maybe they are hoping for a super fast recovery? I surely hope SUI gets to recover COMPLETELY before she gets back on ice.

He ZHANG is or was injured. There is one report that he has resumed training...

vCash
    thanx for the answer and sorry for the topic drifting

vCash
    I'm guessing since there was never a link from a credible news source it may just have been a 'chatter' from a message board? I remember when other Chinese skaters were injured we got some news about it, like Zhang and Zhang. Especially if it were as serious as some made it out to be.

The fact that they haven't been removed from the Cup of China is suspect that they may still be practicing/competing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12