Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Not counting police programs and the news: Have we seen death on reality tv yet? When does death become a game or has it already happened and I missed it? Have we sunk that low yet? I just keep thinking about the Roman Coliseum and wonder if we are so far off...
    Season 2 real housewives of Beverly hills.

vCash
    So we are not far off: We are there.

vCash
    I would like to say just one thing:

Snooki is NOT a celebrity.

That is all.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    sorry skateboy, but if you can type one name, and I know who you're talking about, we have a "celebrity", even if it's evidence of the downfall of western civilization

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post

Not counting police programs and the news: Have we seen death on reality tv yet? When does death become a game or has it already happened and I missed it? Have we sunk that low yet? I just keep thinking about the Roman Coliseum and wonder if we are so far off...
    made me think of this:

Kurt Vonnegut ‏@Kurt_Vonnegut

One of the good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.

vCash
    Kurt was way ahead of his time wasn't he? Cachoo's celebrities: The whole ball of wax; politicians, royals, movie/tv/theatre actors, reality tv types and so many of them are not worth my time or yours. Writers get a pass from me because I think I believe in ideas more than people. Given that I'm still a glass half full gal I believe in human ability to do great good. And I think plenty of celebrities are good folks doing good work. I just can't believe how caught up we get with the cult of celebrity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12