Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Oh my. All doubles except one 3F with negative GOE? And only one 2A which she fell on? Oh my. Skate America is less than a month away.

I don't suppose Mirai is ready?
    I'm sure Mirai is ready since she has a international competition eariler in the month; however, do we really think Rachael will be giving up that assignment even if she has no business being there. Nope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I thought Gracie Gold's spins looked improved at the Salt Lake City Senior B.
    ITA. I also thought that overall, the quality of her skating has improved and was far more musical and animated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8indel View Post
    Here's the fs protocol
    http://www.stmoritzisc.org/SkStm12/I...l/SEGM015.html

Rachel was beaten by a kid without a 2A...
    she's got to be injured.

vCash
    Who's the first lady substitute for SA? Perhaps Mirai may get her second GP or Joelle Forte again (doubtfully since she's not in the ISP - but should be after her pretty good summer competition results).

All the senior ladies have 2 assignments already except for Rachael Flatt (attending) and Alissa Czisny (recovering). Or a junior girl can get their senior debut like Yasmin Siraj or Vanessa Lam (Cesario is definitely getting a second assignment before Lam will, and Lam's done a complete junior season already). But I'm not really thinking the junior to senior idea very seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'm sure Mirai is ready since she has a international competition eariler in the month; however, do we really think Rachael will be giving up that assignment even if she has no business being there. Nope.
    Hope Rachael has learned from Worlds last year and withdraws if she is unprepared or injured. I will be if she shows up like this and places dead last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    All the senior ladies have 2 assignments already except for Rachael Flatt (attending) and Alissa Czisny (recovering). Or a junior girl can get their senior debut like Yasmin Siraj or Vanessa Lam (Cesario is definitely getting a second assignment before Lam will, and Lam's done a complete junior season already). But I'm not really thinking the junior to senior idea very seriously.
    I don't think skaters can do both JGP and SGP -- so no Vanessa Lam at SA for sure. It would be really nice if Mirai could get a second assignment though... she looked pretty strong this summer. Definitely in much better shape than Rachael.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I don't think skaters can do both JGP and SGP -- so no Vanessa Lam at SA for sure. It would be really nice if Mirai could get a second assignment though... she looked pretty strong this summer. Definitely in much better shape than Rachael.
    Yea, I really do hope Mirai gets SA because she might not be able to make it to CoC with her dual citizenship with Japan. Her safety might be a concern at the event. (And I prefer her as a skater and needs every event possible!)

I believe the rule is that if a skater skates senior at an event. They are forced to stay as senior for the rest of the season and career. (unless they switch from singles to pairs/dance)

vCash
    Oh dear. I thought we were done with Flatt? Ugh I hope they replace her for SA

vCash
    ... Why do people always think skaters are injured when they skate horrendously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    Hope Rachael has learned from Worlds last year and withdraws if she is unprepared or injured. I will be if she shows up like this and places dead last.
    Hopefully USFSA has learned and makes the decision for her.

If there was no weird, flukey explanation for that score, then I question what is the point of "monitoring" the International Pool skaters?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Well, SA is not quite like worlds where performance determines next year's spots, so not a big deal IMO if she goes.

Not sure what happened with her at this event, but I think one thing is now clear: She has already peaked as a skater.

vCash
    Didn't Rachael do test skates at champ's camp? If so, I assume the usfsa is aware of her current level of skating.

vCash
    Injured or not I'm hoping that Rachael gets replaced for SA. She "earned" the spot by placing 6th at Nationals, but a more prepared skater should be given the opportunity. Plus I mean other than the fact that she barely broke 100, If she were to go and place last at SA I don't even want to start thinking of the amount of venom that will start getting fired her way

Title-less
    vCash
    USFS isnt known for passing over skaters though. We've seen this time and time again (and the heated discussions the past few seasons when this happened)

vCash
    I would pull Nagasu out of Cup of China and give her Flatt's Skate America spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    USFS isnt known for passing over skaters though. We've seen this time and time again (and the heated discussions the past few seasons when this happened)
    Right. I've never known the USFSA to pull skaters out of GP events once they've been assigned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Right. I've never known the USFSA to pull skaters out of GP events once they've been assigned.
    Although sometimes skaters pull out at convenient times. Remember 4CCs last season?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Surely that assignment will be reviewed in light of this result?
    It has to be. Otherwise USFS is not doing their job. But then the question is why would Rachael humiliate herself at SA? She won't. There will be a replacement I am sure. I'm waiting for the "Rachael is injured, can't compete until US Nationals" note in the news.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    But then the question is why would Rachael humiliate herself at SA? She won't.
    Well, she placed 10th and 9th at her GPs last season.

vCash
    Well at least she didn't pull an Alissa and fall five times. I hope that she isn't injured, but this isn't good with SA about a month away.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast