Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

vCash
    The Life is Beautiful LP makes no sense. The music cuts are preposterous and the choreography is blah.

Scott Brown is a good choreographer for kids trying to make it out of Regionals, but he's not a top-level choreographer (yes, I know his resume boasts some big names, but I'm sure a lot of those are show programs or group numbers). I'm sure he desperately wants to hang on to Gracie and make it as a top-tier choreographer, but I hope her team chooses someone else for next year's programs. This is not a Michelle-Kwan-making-Lori-Nichol-famous situation. Brown isn't talented enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The Life is Beautiful LP makes no sense. The music cuts are preposterous and the choreography is blah.

This is not a Michelle-Kwan-making-Lori-Nichol-famous situation. Brown isn't talented enough.
    & vice-versa...

vCash
    1000% agree, reese

vCash
    I'm sure somebody knows the answer to this: Which Kwan program(s) did he choreograph?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I think we're a bit over dramatic on Gracie
    and c'mon comparing Gracie to Zawadzki and Zhang ?

Gracie has bigger talent and much more potential than say Flatt, Zhang or Zawadzki

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post

Gracie has bigger talent and much more potential than say Flatt, Zhang or Zawadzki
    keep talking.............................

vCash

But "potential" is just a theoretical concept. It is nothing concrete.

Just like you can't crown someone Olympic champ due to an outstanding debut, the opposite applies as well: you can't completely discount someone due to an underwhelming first competition.

vCash
    I think the main thing we can take from Skate Canada concerning Gracie is that she is new to the senior scene and no matter how anxious people are for her rocket to the top of the standings, she's clearly a work in progress. There are some juniors who come in as seniors, adjust well and are able to float to the top (Liza T and Adelina did it last year, Kanako the year before that). Others take time before they make it to the podium, so Gracie is doing okay so far. She needs time to learn how to compete at this level as well as time to grow as a skater and performer.

US skating is doing just fine thanks to Ashley and (surprisingly) Christina so far this season...so Gracie's got time. However, I do think that second spot on the world team is now up for grabs now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    US skating is doing just fine thanks to Ashley and (surprisingly) Christina so far this season...so Gracie's got time. However, I do think that second spot on the world team is now up for grabs now...
    I don't think it matters what Gracie does this fall, if she puts together 2 strong programs at Nationals, the judges won't hesitate to give her the scores to get her that second World spot.

vCash
    Flatt to skip rest of season w/ injury: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48610&type=media

vCash
    Flatt to skip rest of season w/ injury: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48610&type=media
    Will be interesting if she returns at all. She wont get a gp assignment next season (no way do I see USFSA using another host pick on her) and will have to qualify for Nationals.

vCash
    Will an alternate be sent?

vCash
    I don't think it matters what Gracie does this fall, if she puts together 2 strong programs at Nationals, the judges won't hesitate to give her the scores to get her that second World spot.
    Not as sure about this as prior to her skates at SC, but yah, probably..............

but, what if other skaters are phenomenal this fall and at Nationals?...................

vCash
    It's not a retirement announcement, but I wonder if it might as well be?

It's kind of too bad, since she could have left the sport on her own terms, and on a good note, after Nationals in San Jose. She clearly pushed too hard after that, and her body can no longer handle it.

vCash

Flatt and Zhang sure. To me, Zawadzki has tons of potential. Her jumps are huge, she's more flexible than Gracie and her spins in general are better. Her packaging under Tom Z was bad but since leaving him it's improved a lot. Agnes hasn't done well because she's had huge problems with consistency, the potential is definitely there. That's why I think she and Gracie are very comparable, there stories and competition histories have been similar, they are both from the same part of the country, they are both athletic power skaters and thus far appear to have the same strengths and weaknesses. If Agnes could deliver in competition, I have no doubt she'd do very well. Not to say she'd be a shoo-in to win World or Olympic medals, but I don't doubt that she could.

vCash
    That's too bad. She actually had a chance of making the podium at Ice Challenge.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash

Scott Brown is a good choreographer for kids trying to make it out of Regionals, but he's not a top-level choreographer (yes, I know his resume boasts some big names, but I'm sure a lot of those are show programs or group numbers). I'm sure he desperately wants to hang on to Gracie and make it as a top-tier choreographer, but I hope her team chooses someone else for next year's programs. This is not a Michelle-Kwan-making-Lori-Nichol-famous situation. Brown isn't talented enough.

I am not impressed by Brown and never have been. I believe he only choreographed a show program for Michelle. He took over the choereography at the Ice Castle for shows post-Phillip Mills. He was there as the main choreographer for a couple of years at least. His resume does look impressive, but I can't think of a single program that I remember from him, despite the 'big' names. I think Gracie needs a new chroegrapher like Phillip Mills or Lori Nichol.

vCash
    That can't have been an easy decision, but I think it's a smart one. There is just no other remedy for chronic injuries like hers but REST.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I vote for Lee Ann Miller for Gracie Someone who will sloooooooooow her down but know how to use her amazing power and energy.

Do you think they'll replace Flatt for the Ice Challenge?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Slow? Really?!?!? One thing that cannot be said about Gold is that she skates slowly.

Gracie reminds me a bit of Kostner coming out of juniors: she needs to learn to control that speed and her nerves. I concur she could use some better choreography, however I do think she has made a good deal of improvement in her stretch and artistry. I think the big question is: is making it to Sochi the end goal, or is she thinking beyond 2014?
    I think Gracie will probably peak after Sochi. But she might hit her peak in between Olympics which has happened to a lot of great skaters. Sometimes timing is everything.
    Last edited by Jammers; 10-31-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast