Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    Re-posting from the Nebelhorn Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry... Caroline Zhang had her skates for the first official practice earlier today but was missing a suitcase which has since been located and brought to her, I heard.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    looks like Caroline had some struggles with her SP at Nebelhorn...10th place with a 45.43. Hopefully she finds inspiration for the free..

vCash
    ^^Oh boy, that's not good. Any idea what happened?

vCash
    ^ I was just about to ask what's up with her? The protocols show she missed the 3loop combo and had problems with the 3F, but no deductions (no falls).

Taken into context with her performances @ the Hidden Valley Open in July, I hope for her sake there's not an underlying problem ... She's come too far

vCash
    Still early! I would not worry about any skater right now...

vCash
    ^^Very true. Still, it builds more confidence when you do well at an event. Let's hope she comes back strong in the LP. I wonder if any videos are out yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^Very true. Still, it builds more confidence when you do well at an event. Let's hope she comes back strong in the LP. I wonder if any videos are out yet?
    Just go in the KnC Nebelhorn thread. Everything is linked there.

vCash
    ^^I can't access K&C...I think that's a subscription only thing...

vCash
    Ah, okay - then I can only recommend to buy a seaon pass. It does not cost a lot and the most interesting info is in there!

vCash
    Are there links youtube links? Or are they only for subscribers?

vCash
    There are no Nebelhorn videos from the Ladies SP at this time on YouTube (that I can find).
    ETA: The event just happened earlier today so I wouldn't expect to find any yet (only 5 Short Dance, 2 Pairs SP and 2 Men's SP videos have been uploaded from yesterday so far).

Caroline Zhang is not known for being an early season skater so I wouldn't worry too much about how she fares at Nebelhorn.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Up till now there are tons of SD and Men videos but no ladies. but I guess they will appear in a day or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Caroline Zhang is not known for being an early season skater so I wouldn't worry too much about how she fares at Nebelhorn.
    Hopefully she can pull up in the FS and get some standings points out of this event. Go Caroline!

vCash
    how can she when the USFSA wont cheat for her and overlook her mistakes like agnes, gracies at us figure skating classic as well as courtney, alissa, mirai, leah, rachel,

she needs help from the usfsa not punishing and bashing. they didn't give her a break so why should they public give the above mention skates one. when they don't skate well and shouldn't be marked above 100 in free

vCash
    Action photo of Caroline Zhang in her Nebelhorn SP on Friday posted on Absolute Skating's Facebook page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    how can she when the USFSA wont cheat for her and overlook her mistakes like agnes, gracies at us figure skating classic as well as courtney, alissa, mirai, leah, rachel,

she needs help from the usfsa not punishing and bashing. they didn't give her a break so why should they public give the above mention skates one. when they don't skate well and shouldn't be marked above 100 in free
    Yes, Gracie doubled a triple-triple combo in the short and ended up in 2nd place, with way too many points for a skate like that at US Classic. Gracie's and Agnes' freeskates were very sloppy and also garnered ridiculous points for those performances.

vCash
    Why so bitter, demetriosi? Seems pretty personal. Disgruntled coach? Jealous parent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Yes, Gracie doubled a triple-triple combo in the short and ended up in 2nd place, with way too many points for a skate like that at US Classic. Gracie's and Agnes' freeskates were very sloppy and also garnered ridiculous points for those performances.
    But that was an international panel. It's not like USFS judges were holding either Agnes or Gracie up at US Classic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onedge View Post
    Why so bitter, demetriosi?
    don't know why you construe my comments as "bitter". Just stating the facts. don't think anything I'm saying is false.

if anything, you seem to be taking things personally...
    Last edited by demetriosj; 09-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Actually, Agnes's free skate at US Classic was an improvement on her free skate at Nationals. I felt that the competition was quite a positive experience for Agnes overall.

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast