Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not a technical caller but I'm a video replay guy on technical panels and I'm very familiar. I saw an outside edge on Mirai's first flip for sure in real time, I didn't even check the protocols. I'd have to look again at the second one. I don't think they just pulled it out of nowhere......She does have erratic edges on her flip, and I know for fact she's been called with "e" on flips in the past, this isn't new.

ETA: looked at the replay of all three jumps on Youtube, Lutz and both flips all very clearly went off a slight outside edge. The first flip is more outside than the second but it's there in both as the last edge before she takes off.

vCash
    Nagasu has erratic edges on both the lutz and flip. She has had IE on both jumps before. I guess working on an OE on the lutz might have affected the edge on the flip too.

vCash
    Mirai's lutz and flip technique has always been the same since she was a junior... She always goes from an inside to an outside to an inside edge on both jumps. The extenet to which she goes on an inside edge has remained pretty much the same all throughout her career.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I can clearly remember Mirai getting dinged with tons ur calls at 2010 Nationals, by the Olympics she had made major corrections. Interested to see how Gracie, Agnes and Caroline make out this weekend. Would love to see them do well? Had confidence in Agnes...but her long at Japan Open was a disaster. Hope it's not same old same old.

vCash
    New ISU personal best SP scores set at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow today for Gracie Gold 62.16 (previous best 60.18 at JGP EST 2011) & Agnes Zawadzki 60.18 (previous best 56.84 at Cup of Russia 2010) - they are in 1st & 3rd! Gold landed 3F(e)+3T, 3Lz, 2A and Zawadzki 3Lz, 3T+3T, 2A. Caroline Zhang popped a flip and is 10th with 46.15.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Does anyone have a bigger Lutz then Gracie? That Lutz was

vCash
    Today Gracie Gold was GOLD.
    Fabulous skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Agnes could give her a run for her money. It'd be awesome to see those two have a jump-off...

vCash
    Can you believe a few judges gave her a 0 on that element? A lutz that big from steps and and ina bauer? Ludicrous.

vCash
    ^I went to youtube and watched Gold, Korpi, Zawadzki and Leonova. Actually, I thought Agnes was the class of the field: beautiful jumps and improved choreography. I thought she was packaged really well! Such an improvement! But, the LP will be telling.

Gracie also nailed it, but question - Since she lips, wouldn't it be easier for her to do a 3z-3t and 3l? A 3l is only 0.2 less than a 3f, and she wouldn't risk an edge call ... she might get better GOE and a higher score

Korpi was generally beautiful to watch, but there just seems something wrong with a 61 pt. SP score in this day and age for a 3t-2t, 3l, 2x layout.

Leonova has some raw talent, but I'm sorry, that choreography was hideous !

vCash
    Gold's loop is pretty inconsistent.

vCash

Smile

Since you asked, yah Agnes! Feel Agnes should be in first or second after short, IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Gold's loop is pretty inconsistent.
    When she does do it cleanly though, it's a nice jump that would garner +GOE.

vCash
    I think Agnes's SP is my favorite SP so far. Everything she did in that SP was quality and should've been judged higher. Hope she can maintain her consistency.

vCash
    Agnes lost a couple points from having a level 1 combo spin. Had she gotten level 4 on it as intended, her score would have likely been right up there with Gracie. Really like that program for her, hope she can hold it together in the long.

vCash
    Maybe it is better for Agnes to be third in the short. She might skate a better LP without the pressure of being in first.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    So Gracie and Agnes finish 2nd and 3rd respectively at Cup of Russia, pretty good GP season for the U.S Ladies so far if you ask me

vCash
    I just watched a few of the ladies on Youtube at RC. Gracie and Agnes just offered their arguments for #2 US lady. I'm actually more interested in watching Agnes develop at this point. She delivered a relatively clean LP at RC and that was by far her biggest challenge.

Also, Ashley's SA point total is holding up really well internationally as the season progresses!

Next week, Ashley and Christina get to make their arguments for a second time. The only big question mark now is Alissa ... BTW, have they announced a replacement for Shelepen at NHK? I hope Mirai can get it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    So Gracie and Agnes finish 2nd and 3rd respectively at Cup of Russia, pretty good GP season for the U.S Ladies so far if you ask me
    From the ISU website
    #1- 2 flip flopped Sp/LP and overall... (Korpi/Gold) as well as #3-4 (Zawadzki/Murakami)

Will be intesting to see how both US girls hold up under pressure at US Natls.

Ladies

Result

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Kiira KORPI FIN
    177.19 2 1
    2 Gracie GOLD USA
    175.03 1 2
    3 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA
    166.61 3 4
    4 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
    166.34 6 3
    5 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
    157.98 5 7
    6 Alena LEONOVA RUS
    157.27 4 8
    7 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA RUS
    153.32 8 6
    8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
    151.48 7 9
    9 Valentina MARCHEI ITA
    148.67 9 5
    10 Caroline ZHANG USA
    138.21 10 10

vCash
    Just watched Agnes' SP and LP on Youtube. Her SP was electrifying and her LP was a vast improvement from last season. I am also loving her costume and packaging. Congrats to both Gracie and Agnes for winning the silver and bronze respectively at Cup of Russia. Nationals is going to be pretty exciting!

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast