Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    On an unrelated note - the selection of Gao over Nagasu at TEB did make Wagner's road to the GPF a little bit easier...
    From what I saw from Ashley in Japan, versus Mirai in Finland, Ashley doesn't need anyone to make the road to the GPF easier. She'll EARN it with what she has now. (Just stay healthy and injury free!)

vCash
    Any Alissa news? I hope she's doing well....

vCash
    Sarah and Drew's "Inside Edge" blog today has a quote from Ashley Wagner about her new FS dress and a chat with Gracie Gold ahead of her Grand Prix debut at Skate Canada: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "In my short, we're focusing on holding spins; the less reviews you have during your program, the better," she [Gold] said. "And we're working on fixing the edge change in my triple flip. I want to put out really solid skates. I want to look like I belong with everyone there."
    ETA that Samantha Cesario tweeted from the JGP in Chemnitz, Germany after her 10th place SP earlier today:
    "Rough skate today. Hoping my hamstring feels better in the morning. #worldsunluckiest"
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-12-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Cesario is dealing with another injury? I feel like she's dealt with an injury every season since she's turned senior...

vCash
    Another injury for Samantha? Oi...

vCash
    I knew something was up when she placed 10th. But yay for Leah's 2nd in SP!

vCash
    Samantha withdrew from her second JGP. Guess she'll never make a JGPF (since this is her last eligible season right?)

vCash
    ^Wow. I'm beginning to think that Samantha has a body that doesn't agree with skating. She's always getting injured!

What was the nature of her last two major injuries? Was it hamstring related?

vCash
    Yes, Samantha Cesario turned 19 in August so this is her last season of ISU Junior eligibility.

A back injury forced Cesario to WD from 2011 Nationals and right before 2012 Nationals "she tore her left lateral collateral [knee] ligament (LCL) and was off the ice for six to eight weeks," according to this July 2012 Liberty article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

This is what Cesario tweeted about her WD today:
    Really wish i could skate today but need to protect the rest of my season #noinjuriesfornationals Good luck to the rest of #teamUSA!
    Her next competition will be Eastern Sectionals, Nov. 8-12, to qualify for Nationals.

ETA @USFigureSkating's tweet this morning:
    Samantha Cesario suffered a strained hamstring during practice before the SP. She withdrew from the competition prior to the free skate.
    Cesario will be fully evaluated upon her return home.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-12-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: to add USFS' tweet & reply re. Cesario's age
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    A back injury forced Cesario to WD from 2011 Nationals and right before 2012 Nationals "she tore her left lateral collateral [knee] ligament (LCL) and was off the ice for six to eight weeks," according to this July 2012 Liberty article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

This is what Cesario tweeted about her WD today:

Her next competition will be Eastern Sectionals, Nov. 8-12, to qualify for Nationals.
    OK, so Team Cesario is being super-cautious. Maybe this will preserve her for Nationals

vCash
    ^ Considering she's missed Nationals 2 seasons in a row, I could think that she and her team would be careful.

vCash
    How did I miss Courtney Hicks withdrawing from Regionals?!

vCash
    Hicks has a bye through SWP Regionals to Pacific Coast Sectionals due to having had 2 JGP assignments. She's listed as WD in the SWP Senior Ladies SP starting order, I assume, because it was a late bye (just like Jay Yostanto was listed as WD in North Atlantic Junior Men last week and Shotaro Omori in SWP Junior Men this week).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-13-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: To add Omori's name

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Hicks has a bye through SWP Regionals to Pacific Coast Sectionals due to having had 2 JGP assignments. She's listed as WD in the SWP Senior Ladies SP starting order, I assume, because it was a late bye (just like Jay Yostanto was listed as WD in North Atlantic Junior Men last week and Shotaro Omori in SWP Junior Men this week).
    Thanks. Phew! I got super-nervous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Mirai's LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h8...ure=plpp_video

Her jumps are actually looking (to me) quite high, that lutz (despite the edge call) was probably the best lutz I've ever seen from her. She looks in great shape, too.
    Thanks! I'm very hopeful for Mirai this season. Sigh, still with the lutz edge calls but oh well at least she went for the jump. I hope she has some great skates at COC and at Nationals-and that she makes the World team.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 10-13-2012 at 06:50 AM.

vCash
    Katerina Kulgeyko withdrew from Senior Ladies. Any news?

vCash
    I don't know why Katarina Kulgeyko withdrew from SWP Regionals, but she had a tough outing in her Golden West SP (scored under 40) in early Sept. and withdrew from the FS. She was included in USFS' International Selection Pool (she had solid 5th place showing in her 1 JGP last year, was 9th in Junior at 2012 Nationals), but was never listed as a JGP alternate this season.

I can re-post a summary (from Kiss and Cry) of notable ladies in Regionals action from yesterday here soon.

vCash
    Re: Cesario, if she just turned 19, isn't her ISU age 18 and doesn't she have one more season of junior eligibility?

vCash
    Cesario will be 19 as of July 1, 2013, which means she will age out of ISU Junior in 2013-14.

ETA that I don't think ioana will mind if I re-post her "live" play-by-play comment about Yasmin Siraj's "Seven Years in Tibet" FS at New England Regionals from Kiss and Cry just now (she scored 101.85, her highest FS score of the season so far):
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    2 triple lutzes, 3toe 2toe, 3sal, two 2axels -one as 3 jump combo from Yasmin. Fell Out of a triple toe but great spins and ftwk. She's back!

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast