2. Samantha CESARIO (157.72), JGP Linz
    3. Courtney HICKS (153.77), JGP Lake Placid
    4. Angela WANG (150.40), JGP Lake Placid
    5. Kiri BAGA (142.22), JGP Lake Placid
    6. Vanessa LAM (140.89), JGP Courchevel
    7. Ashley CAIN (136.51), JGP Courchevel

Upcoming (confirmed) assignments:
    • U.S. Int'l Classic (Gracie GOLD, Agnes ZAWADZKI) in progress
    • JGP Istanbul (Nina JIANG, Leah KEISER)
    • JGP Bled (Courtney HICKS, Barbie LONG)
    • Nebelhorn Trophy (Caroline ZHANG)
    • Finlandia Trophy (Mirai NAGASU)

vCash
    Thanks, chipso!

Re-posting this discussion from the U.S. JGP Assignments thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    While everyone praised Wagner for her Black Swan, she really should take note of Cesario's program - THAT is how it is supposed to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I've seen both programs live several times, and I've watched the video from today's competition. Ashley is lightyears ahead of Samantha in terms of 'character' in the program and in terms of difficulty. Samantha is a very strong jumper and she skates very smoothly, but I think where she gets lost is in her arms and her face. The arms are either doing the airplane pose or the flap my wings movement. She needs to pay attention to that a bit more, and learn how to use them more effectively. Her face is exactly where it should be as a junior-- concentrating on the program, but she'll have to figure out how to emote more to the audience to draw us in much like Ashley did with her sinister Black Swan. The other part is, and I understand that the music is balletic-- Samantha doesn't use her upper body and lower body against each other. Everything is very refined (which is beautiful), but COP requires more opposing action above and below the waistline. Having said all of that, I think that Samantha is a beautiful skater, and I hope that she stays healthy so that we can all see what she truly can do when she has a full season under her skate laces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I envy you so much, Jayar, for having seen both programs live several times!

I actually really like Cesario's arms! but I agree she needs to demand more attention (esp. given the context of the program). It's probably easier with a big audience which can give immediate reaction. Let's hope Cesario gets that opportunity this season. She could totally make the 4CCs team if she keeps it up (and a 3/3 won't hurt).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    After the U.S. International Classic...

2012-13 U.S. Ladies -- Top International Scores

1. Agnes ZAWADZKI (172.95), U.S. Classic
    2. Gracie GOLD (171.15), U.S. Classic
    3. Hannah MILLER (158.52), JGP Linz
    4. Samantha CESARIO (157.72), JGP Linz
    5. Courtney HICKS (153.77), JGP Lake Placid
    6. Angela WANG (150.40), JGP Lake Placid

7. Kiri BAGA (142.22), JGP Lake Placid
    8. Vanessa LAM (140.89), JGP Courchevel
    9. Ashley CAIN (136.51), JGP Courchevel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    After the U.S. International Classic...

2012-13 U.S. Ladies -- Top International Scores

1. Agnes ZAWADZKI (172.95), U.S. Classic
    2. Gracie GOLD (171.15), U.S. Classic
    3. Hannah MILLER (158.52), JGP Linz
    4. Samantha CESARIO (157.72), JGP Linz
    5. Courtney HICKS (153.77), JGP Lake Placid
    6. Angela WANG (150.40), JGP Lake Placid

7. Kiri BAGA (142.22), JGP Lake Placid
    8. Vanessa LAM (140.89), JGP Courchevel
    9. Ashley CAIN (136.51), JGP Courchevel

Thanks! Any details what Agnes and Gracie did in the LP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Thanks! Any details what Agnes and Gracie did in the LP?
    Detailed protocols

vCash
    You can see the elements by clicking the plus sign at the right of the results here:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/results.html
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Direct link to Ladies FS detailed protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/SEGM002.html

Click on the + (far right column) for planned vs. executed elements: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...001SEG002.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks guys!

It looks like Gracie nailed her wow opening combos, but doubled the 2d 3z and fell on her 3F?

I'm proud of Agnes for getting through an LP decently. But, she fell on the 3S of a 3s-2t combo? How did she tack on the 2t?

Also, for Lacoste. Beginning of the end of the Canadian ladies free-fall into the abyss?

vCash
    Thanks guys!

It looks like Gracie nailed her wow opening combos, but doubled the 2d 3z and fell on her 3F?

I'm proud of Agnes for getting through an LP decently. But, she fell on the 3S of a 3s-2t combo? How did she tack on the 2t?

Also, for Lacoste. Beginning of the end of the Canadian ladies free-fall into the abyss?
    Agnes fell on the double toe...landed a shaky triple salchow. I like her program a lot!

vCash
    I posted these PBP jump notes in the SLC competition thread in the Kiss and Cry forum:
    Gracie Gold's jumps in her "Life is Beautiful" soundtrack FS: 3Lz+3T (foot down quickly), 3F-half loop-3S, 2A, 3Lo 2-foot?/step out, 2Lz step out, 2A+2T, 3F fall.

Zawadzki's jumps in her "Rhapsody in Blue" FS (she kept her music from last season): 3T high! 3Lz+2T, 3F, 2A+2T, 3S (high free leg)+2T fall, 3Lz held on!, 2A.
    Her best FS in a while!

vCash
    Thanks guys!

Not too worried about Gracie -- she really doesn't need to peak this early in the season. She now has her first senior international competition for the season out of the way and can work up from there.

I agree with Krall that Agnes should be proud of her effort. She had a great SP and she did not have a total meltdown in the FS. Hope she keeps this up all season long.

I agree that Lacoste had a great effort at this competition. I think all the ridiculousness of Skate Canada's Worlds selection process last season really put a fire under her.

vCash
    Good for Agnes! All the pre-event publicity photos focused on Gracie. Pretty anticlimactic, sloppy freestyle programs for Agnes and Gracie though.

& if I hear the word "sassy" to describe Gracie's short program one more time, I will hurl....

vCash
    Good for Zawadzki for at least doing respectably in the FS after a strong SP. Hopefully this will help increase her confidence since that was her nemesis for the past two seasons.

Decent effort by Gold as well, winning the FS portion (?) of the event. Yes, she wasn't perfect but she doesn't need to be. Important thing I saw was she's starting to grow up which is a positive.

vCash
    And she got her opening two passes! The rest will come with time, I'm guessing. Glad to see Agnes keep it together, more or less. This should be a confidence booster for her, imo.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    It isn't the first time Gold messed up the 3loop and I have only watched her a couple of times. Perhaps she should move it earlier?

How about

3lutz3toe
    3loop
    3flip half loop 3sal
    -
    3lutz
    2axel2toe
    3toe or 3sal (if he popped earlier attempts)
    3toe or 3sal, or 2axel if she already repeated 2 types of triples

7 triples and 2 2axels is already very competitive - she doesn't need to care too much about the 10% bonus... and I am replacing the 3flip with the 3toe or 3sal, whichever she feels better about, because she gets the "e" on the flip.
    Last edited by Marco; 09-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.

vCash
    Triple loop is somewhat of a problem jump for Gracie.

Reminds me of an Olympic Champion I know

vCash
    Gracie got edge calls on all three of the flips she performed over the course of the competition. She may have to change the jump layout of her programs if she continues to get edge calls on the triple flip.

I think her presentation has improved. Her program was quite pleasant to watch. But the last 4 jumps were ugly. So many mistakes.

vCash
    The edge on Gracie's flip has gotten worse... Last season, it was almost always on a flat and this season it's clearly on a slight outside edge.

vCash
    Very happy that Agnes did well at US Classic, I have a soft spot for this young lady.

Keep up the good work, Agnes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Triple loop is somewhat of a problem jump for Gracie.

Reminds me of an Olympic Champion I know
    Gracie landed the 3loop in 2 of her 4 major comps last year. It's her weakest jump for sure, but still much more of a reality than a certain Olympic Champion's.

Sometimes she does a split jump into the 3-loop, increasing it's difficulty. I'm glad pushing herself with this and other difficult transitions. But perhaps at more important competitions, she could play it safe and not do the split jump. Or perhaps she could do it as her first element, thus channeling a certain 5-time World Champ.

I think it's cool that Agnes and Gracie were so close, splitting the SP and the LP. A new rivalry of two of the US's most promising skaters is exciting.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 09-17-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast