Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    What's nice about the 1 foot single loop is it allows her to do - effectively - 2 triple triples without repeating the toe as one of her two "repeating" triples. Repeating the lutz and flip, in the bonus time, no less, should boost her score. I can't remember her jump layout from last year, but I think she was repeating the 3toe.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    What's nice about the 1 foot single loop is it allows her to do - effectively - 2 triple triples without repeating the toe as one of her two "repeating" triples. Repeating the lutz and flip, in the bonus time, no less, should boost her score. I can't remember her jump layout from last year, but I think she was repeating the 3toe.
    Yes, last year Gracie was doing 3F+3T in the short, and 3Lz+3T & 2A+3T in the long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    What details is Flatt divulging?
    I wasn't thinking specifically of that article.

In the past, Flatt or someone on her behalf has revealed such things as her grades and the fact that her parents were selling their house. Why either of these things should be grist for the mill of public inquisitiveness escapes me. Beyond that, once you put things out about yourself on the Internet or other media, you can't really take them back, and you forfeit your privacy.

And, from my point of view, it doesn't matter that Flatt has earned good grades or that her parents are apparently comfortably well off. It just isn't something that I think a young person should be broadcasting to the world.

vCash
    [QUOTE=B.Cooper;3669336]What details is Flatt divulging? ........... It is just that the skaters who attend school, or work to cover their training costs, DO have more on their plates.

So true, it's so obvious, why can't people see that?

vCash
    I am guessing Gold can easily do the 2axel3toe if the 3/3 became a 3/2. And if the 3/1/3 became a 3/1/2, the next pass, a 2axel, can be turned into a 3sal.

Very glad Zhang is bringing back the 3sal. Despite what she said, it actually was one of her more reliable jumps during her dark years. Plus it means she will be doing 1 less 2axel. Would love her to bring back the 3toe too, even if it means she needs to swap out the 3lutz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Going by her FS at Skate Detroit, Gracie's planned jumping passes are:

3Lz+3T
    3F+3S SEQ
    2A
    3L
    2A+2T*
    3Lz*
    3F*

ETA: Yes, the 1/2 loop counts as a "1L" and is her 3-jump combo.
    Another bonus to this layout is that if Gracie is unable to do the 3toe after the first lutz, she has an opportunity to stick it onto one of her two 2a's. We know she can do 2a/3t with ease...I don't think she missed that combo even once last season.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by peibeck; 08-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    posted at Jeremy Abbott's FB page:
    Alissa back on the ice!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Abbott also tweeted the same off-ice pic of Alissa today: https://twitter.com/jeremyabbottpcf/.../photo/1/large

Elladj Baldé tweeted these photos from DSC today: http://instagram.com/p/O4PWw9pcgh/

I don't believe this July 29th Alissa Czisny article has been posted here: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/c...s-and-surgery/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Very glad Zhang is bringing back the 3sal. Despite what she said, it actually was one of her more reliable jumps during her dark years. Plus it means she will be doing 1 less 2axel. Would love her to bring back the 3toe too, even if it means she needs to swap out the 3lutz.
    Me, too. But I have a feeling she's not going to replace a 2A with it, but rather include a 3R-3R, two 2A's, and a 3S (plus two 3F's, and a 3Z). If she somehow missed the 3-3 and turned it into 3R-2R, I think she would replace the 3S with a 3R, and still keep the two 2A's. I doubt she'd ever bring back a solo 3T, she hasn't done that for six years now! Maybe it'll come back as 3F-3T next season, if her jump layout works out this season. It'd be great for her to peak technically for Sochi.

I hope she's doing some kind of core strengthening like yoga or pilates --worried about her back. Looking forward to her new spin positions though! Haven't seen any new spins from her for a few years now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    weird headline
    Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, II, vii, 65

vCash
    I did a quick calculation of Gracie's jump BV between last year and this year:

JUNIOR
    3Z-3T 10.10
    2A-3T 7.40
    3L 5.10
    3F* 5.83
    2A-2T-2T* 6.71
    3Z* 6.60
    3S* 4.62
    TOTAL: 46.36

SENIOR (WTT)

3Z-3T 10.10
    2A-3T 7.40
    3L 5.10
    3F 5.3
    2A-2T-2T* 6.71
    3Z* 6.60
    3S* 4.62
    TOTAL: 45.83

THIS YEAR SENIOR
    3Z-3T 10.10
    3F-1L-3S 10.0
    2A 3.3
    3L 5.10
    2A-2T* 5.17
    3Z* 6.60
    3F* 5.83
    TOTAL: 46.10

Obviously, this year's layout is slightly less than last year's because fewer jumps are at the halfway point this year. But that is a reflection of the fact she's doing a senior-level program, which is 30 seconds longer. When you look at her planned layout at WTT, you can see that the 3F is no longer in the bonus portion.

So when you compare the layouts at the same level (senior) the BV is slightly higher this year than her WTT layout.

For some perspective, Ashley Wagner who had the highest BV in jumps in the FS at Worlds, had a jump BV of 44.81.

Of course, I expect the BV of all the ladies to be higher if everyone acts on their planned 3-3s.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 08-29-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Anyone want to guess Mirai's layout?

Based off glacier I would think:

3Z/2T - 7.3
    2A/3T - 7.4
    3F - 5.3
    <<2 Minute Mark>>
    3Z - 6.6
    3L - 5.61 (how are these rounded?)
    2A - 3.63
    3L/2T/2L - 9.02 (the three jump combo might actually be the first pass with the lutz?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Anyone want to guess Mirai's layout?

Based off glacier I would think:

3Z/2T - 7.3
    2A/3T - 7.4
    3F - 5.3
    <<2 Minute Mark>>
    3Z - 6.6
    3L - 5.61 (how are these rounded?)
    2A - 3.63
    3L/2T/2L - 9.02 (the three jump combo might actually be the first pass with the lutz?)
    I guess there are not much hope she will try a 3Z/3T again?Has anyone seen her practice this combo lately?With Wagner,Gold and Agnes doing 3/3 in their SP, it seems like Mirai would need one too to stay in the top 3 in the US..

Anyway, I am over the moon that she went back to Austin for choreography and to Bebe for the footwork.Based on the programs I have seen so far (SP/LP/EX), she has a great package this year..Then again, she is always kind of a slow starter and I hope that she will be able to peak at Nationals.What a competition it will be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    I guess there are not much hope she will try a 3Z/3T again?Has anyone seen her practice this combo lately?With Wagner,Gold and Agnes doing 3/3 in their SP, it seems like Mirai would need one too to stay in the top 3 in the US..

Anyway, I am over the moon that she went back to Austin for choreography and to Bebe for the footwork.Based on the programs I have seen so far (SP/LP/EX), she has a great package this year..Then again, she is always kind of a slow starter and I hope that she will be able to peak at Nationals.What a competition it will be
    it's early yet. i'm not sure i'd count those 3-3 eggs before they hatch.

maybe it's wishful thinking, but i think mirai is in a great position to make a run for the world team. i'm glad she's returned to austin for choreography.

vCash
    the amount of info on her education has always been a bit too much, honestly. i mean, going to school should be a private matter. it's part of her private life...unless she is, say, a huge celebrity or a famous scholar. as a skating follower, i'm interested in what skaters do inside a rink, not in "her struggles to balance education and skating".

For most of the young girls who are skating, competing, and going to school, this information is something they really enjoy. My daughter and her friends all read the bios and love this information. They love to see that a skater loves chess or pizza or soccer, that they are going to a great school for some part of STEM. They identify with her as they are spending 12+hours at the rink weekly, in advanced classes, taking dance, chess, and an instrument.

vCash
    Courtney got silver, Angela got Bronze, Kiri is 5th

vCash
    This is first time in history that people have been able to share information so freely and widely, so of course young people are going to take advantage of it. However, people are also right to object to the casual attitude of sharing information. Adults post pictures of their children and teens post about their daily lives. It's harmless because most people don't have enough money to be worth going after, so usually the worst thing that happens is that someone undergoes some personal embarrassment. But you would think people would be a little more tight-lipped since we're working with a machine that silently archives everything we do.

vCash
    A little more tight lipped about "I enjoy school and do well"? Seems like much ado about nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    Courtney got silver, Angela got Bronze, Kiri is 5th
    Angela Wang opened her LP w/ a 3z-3t-2t
    Courtney Hicks opened with a 3f-3t

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast