Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    Oops, sorry poggy - thought it was last years program :-)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggi View Post
    I always forget about the special Ondrej Nepela Trophy, which is given every year to the male singles winner. It seems that no-one told about that to Machida either, because he was wide eyed with surprise.
    Daisuke Murakami tweeted this photo of the men's medalists in which Tatsuki Machida is holding his big trophy: http://instagram.com/p/QdONVpm7dd/

Maverick Eguia (PHI)
    is he still a junior? I'm only asking because the program seemed too long for him. but maybe he just grew tired because he moves so much, he is dynamic and full of energy. someone to keep an eye on in the future.
    Eguia will turn 20 in November and so he aged out of ISU Junior events last season.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to share your first-hand observations and videos, Poggi!

ETA:
    Nicole Rajicova (SVK)
    the music is either Claire de Lune or some Chopin, and I was too busy trying to decide which one it is, that the program just passed and I couldn't really pay attention. well, I noticed that there were some popping.
    Liebestraum by Franz Liszt. I've had that happen to me at competitions as well when I sometimes get distracted in trying to identify a skater's familiar-sounding music and forget what jumps they did. Nicole Rajic (her American name) skated a pretty good FS at Liberty this past July -- didn't pop any jumps and landed 4 triples including a 3F -- but unfortunately she hasn't been able to skate as well in her 2 JGPs and this Senior B.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-09-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Liebestraum by Franz Liszt.
    Oh, well, close enough

vCash
    Poggi thank you so so much for all the videos and reports. You rock!

wannabe flower-girl
    vCash
    Oh, and I remembered just one single voidy moment. (As this year the announcer managed to get all the the names of all the medallists right, the only laughing matter about her remained "skaters, please clear the ice", which made us crack up every single time.)

At the ice dance medal ceremony Pasquale Camerlengo was dragged out to the ice in his street shoes, and the Italians and the Canadians were hugging him and taking photos together with all the flowers and diplomas and medals and all. And Pasquale had quite hard time waddling off the ice when it was finally over.

A sweet and funny moment indeed.

vCash
    Native speakers might correct me on this but I'd think that in this context "skaters, please clear the ice" might actually be ok with "clear" meaning "leave"? Or does it sound funny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Native speakers might correct me on this but I'd think that in this context "skaters, please clear the ice" might actually be ok with "clear" meaning "leave"? Or does it sound funny?
    American here. Please clear ___ is frequently used when trying to get everyone out of a space. Please clear the room, please clear the ice, please clear the corridor, etc.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    In English it doesn't sound funny and is usually what the announcers say. I think there is a specific ISU script that is used and U.S. Figure Skating must have a very similar one for domestic events.

wannabe flower-girl
    vCash
    Before, and at every other competition I always heard leave, not clear. Still, we found it funny imagining all the skaters falling on their knees and starting scrubbing. But definitely no offence was intended, I adore this cometition every single year including the announcer lady.

vCash
    I think I've always heard clear actually.

vCash
    I think I've always heard clear actually.
    Yeah me too
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    the three of us .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggi View Post
    Before, and at every other competition I always heard leave, not clear. Still, we found it funny imagining all the skaters falling on their knees and starting scrubbing. But definitely no offence was intended, I adore this cometition every single year including the announcer lady.
    Poggy, they say "skaters clear the ice...", not "Skaters clean the ice...".

vCash
    Finally some ladies photos!

Ladies SP

Would someone be a tremendous dear and let me know if the ladies were identified correctly? I did my best but I'm not 100% sure on some of them. Thank you

vCash

vCash
    Great photos. Thanks!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415