Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQvc7Ne5mok
    This is the music that I think Riazanova and Tkachenko are using. I don't think I can listen to four minutes of this every competition they enter...
    I'm kind of hoping that Tarasova/R+T will be actually using the Godfather Mazurka rather than the Waltz...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbanet View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that Tarasova/R+T will be actually using the Godfather Mazurka rather than the Waltz...
    You got me thinking... could any portions of the Godfather soundtrack be used for a polka and then combined with the waltz create a nice SD? I hate it when dancers use music they could have used for the SD/OD in an FD. I bet R&T will be using the slowest possible version of the main theme, wearing all black, and having another funeral type program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    You got me thinking... could any portions of the Godfather soundtrack be used for a polka and then combined with the waltz create a nice SD? I hate it when dancers use music they could have used for the SD/OD in an FD. I bet R&T will be using the slowest possible version of the main theme, wearing all black, and having another funeral type program.
    Fwiw, here's the Tarantella from the City of Prague Philharmonic performance of Godfather 1 (that's also where the Mazurka posted above came from).

vCash
    Hey the Russians will turn anything into a funeral march. Remember the Rumba Latin SD last season? Six Russian dancers, six all black outfits. (Although Bobrova had some silver...)

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I love the whole Godfather soundtrack, so sue me. I think that waltz (if that is what they're skating to) would be wonderful for R/T, but I hope there would be at least one other music cut in there, as the mood and melodic theme of that isn't enough for a full FD.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Hey the Russians will turn anything into a funeral march. Remember the Rumba Latin SD last season? Six Russian dancers, six all black outfits. (Although Bobrova had some silver...)
    incorrect

vCash
    Damn you Tarasova!

Riazanova sounds really happy. Do you think they might jump ship and move to the US permanently? Especially given Igor doesn't have that many teams yet.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Damn you Tarasova!

Riazanova sounds really happy. Do you think they might jump ship and move to the US permanently? Especially given Igor doesn't have that many teams yet.
    It's sounding that way to me, but I'm thinking there might be some potential for Gorshkov and Shpilband to team up and they are waiting to see if that happens. I wonder if Gorshkov would move his group to the US. I'm only speculating because it's unusual for a team's coach to follow them to summer training with another group, AFAIK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    i cant quite figure what she means by 'envying herself'.. unless she thinks of herself as two separate persons..
    seems that this summer everyone is passing out with ecstasy while working with Spilband :-D
    I immediately thought of This is Spinal Tap.

Derek Smalls: We're lucky.
    David St. Hubbins: Yeah.
    Derek Smalls: I mean, people should be envying us, you know.
    David St. Hubbins: I envy us.
    Derek Smalls: Yeah.
    David St. Hubbins: I do.
    Derek Smalls: Me too.

vCash
    Damn you Tarasova!

I think so, and that would be be a very smart choice! Bye-bye
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    incorrect
    At worlds I could have sworn everyone wore black
    Unless one of the males had a white shirt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It's sounding that way to me, but I'm thinking there might be some potential for Gorshkov and Shpilband to team up and they are waiting to see if that happens. I wonder if Gorshkov would move his group to the US. I'm only speculating because it's unusual for a team's coach to follow them to summer training with another group, AFAIK.
    Shpilband needs somebody for choreography and polishing (like Klimova and Fusar-Poli) and Gorshkov is more of a technical coach, I think. Petukhov was the choreographer for Gorshkov's teams (and as of late, he seems to have hardly any inspiration left).

vCash
    Shpilband needs somebody for choreography and polishing (like Klimova and Fusar-Poli) and Gorshkov is more of a technical coach, I think. Petukhov was the choreographer for Gorshkov's teams (and as of late, he seems to have hardly any inspiration left).
    Petukhov is working with Zhulin now. I really liked his Polovetsian Dances FD for Domnina and Shabalin.

vCash
    Petukhov is working with Zhulin now. I really liked his Polovetsian Dances FD for Domnina and Shabalin.
    So Gorshkov and Petukhov are no longer a team?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12