View Poll Results: Who are the 3 most hated world/Olympic champions on fsu?

Voters
333. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evgeni Plushenko

    148 44.44%
  • Miki Ando

    43 12.91%
  • Sale & Pelletier

    166 49.85%
  • Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze

    3 0.90%
  • Michelle Kwan

    15 4.50%
  • Tara Lipinski

    72 21.62%
  • Sarah Hughes

    172 51.65%
  • Patrick Chan

    105 31.53%
  • Alexei Urmanov

    25 7.51%
  • Oksana Baiul

    24 7.21%
  • Elvis Stojko

    47 14.11%
  • Other

    43 12.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 109 of 109
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,830
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    Umm, I have always been annoyed about the Olympic jacket thing. IMO, there is no way in **** that Michelle should have been chosen over Tara. I understand that the supposed reason was that Michelle was planning on skating until SLC, but it's pretty ridiculous.

    Given that Tara had received a lot of unfair media crapolla (cough Christine Brennan), yet she still won the OLYMPICS, Pat's reaction is how almost any mother would react if their daughter not been chosen. I know my mom would have been angry and she is far from a stage mom. People have been relentless on Pat, but I think she was speaking up, because she knew Tara would not. It was sad for her; in every major International competition from Jan of 97 until Feb of 98, she represented team USA the best she could, winning each event (CSF 97, Worlds 97, CSF 97/98, Olympics 98), but she was still passed up for Michelle.
    Picaboo Street (am I spelling her name right/) was the person with the most votes, but could not attend the event. Michelle had the next amount of votes. That is why she presented the jacket. Perhaps the selection committee saw something in Michelle that they admired and that is why they voted for her. As we all say on here, the OGM is not everything.

    edit to add article. lots of articles come up if you google "Pat Lipinski White House" LOL

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...areem-lipinski

    A USOC spokesman said skier Picabo Street was chosen to present the jacket after a vote by the Olympic team, but Street is hurt and was unable to make the trip. He said Kwan was the second choice in the balloting.

    Tara's mom needs to get over the fact that not everything was about Tara. I am sure the voters were not like "Lets vote for Michelle so we can snub Tara" LOL.
    Last edited by UGG; 09-02-2012 at 06:12 PM.

  2. #102
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33733
    Then there is an article which says that there was no vote re: jacket.

    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...-tara-lipinski

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    129
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for posting the articles By the way, as mentioned in the last article, does anyone know what happened between Tara and Richard Callahan? Did they part on bad terms?

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Then there is an article which says that there was no vote re: jacket.

    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...-tara-lipinski
    Yes, but it still agrees that the decision (by vote or not) was made by the USOC, and has nothing to do with the kwanspiracies people keep making regarding the usfs. Why would the USOC give a rats ass about Tara winning the gpf?

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,830
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3986
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    Umm, I have always been annoyed about the Olympic jacket thing. IMO, there is no way in **** that Michelle should have been chosen over Tara. I understand that the supposed reason was that Michelle was planning on skating until SLC, but it's pretty ridiculous.

    Given that Tara had received a lot of unfair media crapolla (cough Christine Brennan), yet she still won the OLYMPICS, Pat's reaction is how almost any mother would react if their daughter not been chosen. I know my mom would have been angry and she is far from a stage mom. People have been relentless on Pat, but I think she was speaking up, because she knew Tara would not. It was sad for her; in every major International competition from Jan of 97 until Feb of 98, she represented team USA the best she could, winning each event (CSF 97, Worlds 97, CSF 97/98, Olympics 98), but she was still passed up for Michelle.
    Pat was a stage mother with a megaphone. She had a bad habit of making her opinions known to the press. Most of Tara's unfair media crapolla was the result of Pat Lipinski's big mouth.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,457
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Picaboo Street (am I spelling her name right/) was the person with the most votes, but could not attend the event. Michelle had the next amount of votes. That is why she presented the jacket. Perhaps the selection committee saw something in Michelle that they admired and that is why they voted for her. As we all say on here, the OGM is not everything.A USOC spokesman said skier Picabo Street was chosen to present the jacket after a vote by the Olympic team, but Street is hurt and was unable to make the trip. He said Kwan was the second choice in the balloting.
    Is Miss Street still working at that Intensive Care Unit? http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/picabo.asp Some people still believe that!

  7. #107
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33733
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Yes, but it still agrees that the decision (by vote or not) was made by the USOC, and has nothing to do with the kwanspiracies people keep making regarding the usfs. Why would the USOC give a rats ass about Tara winning the gpf?

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    She can be angry all she wants but who is tacky enough to vocalize it to the press?

    No your daughter is not entitled to everything. Not to mention it's so damn trivial. It's not like Michelle stole Tara's wheaties box cover (I don't think she got one though..haha). That's like complaining that Michelle got so many endorsements despite getting silver. Build a bridge and get ova it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    In opposite to Kwawn, who acted like an Olympic drama queen before and after her LP.
    Receipts please

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    plus as usual she hardly left the ice surface during her jumps.
    And Tara's jumps weren't tiny? Fail. Granted, she did very difficult triple triples but that's irrelevant to your comment about jump height.

    The worst thing Tara's mom ever did was stalking Michelle on youtube for the past 6 years...just kidding
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 09-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    someone states michelle skated cautious as to why she didn't win ogm.
    that is bogus, due to the fact that these lady skaters skated slow

    1) Nancy Kerrigan- she also ur, jumps
    2) oskana bauil double footed jumps
    3) kristi skated slow
    4) sarah skated slow to keep her jumps
    5) irina in 2006 skated slow, irina skated kinda of slow in 2002
    6) sasha skated slow in 2006 she made exactly same mistakes got silver, michelle would have stayed in 2nd would have won ogm in 2002
    7) shizuka skated slow

    if you replay the tapes, they probably show skaters skating faster, slower due to fans, and the media does redo the tapes to make winners look better and 2nd, 3rd looked worse.
    not to mention when michelle was in asian skaters taking over, michelle didn't skate much in 2002-2006, after 2006 not a peep about asian skaters taking over

    that is probably why one of reason we have a hard time accepting the fact in 1998 all the mention skaters did ur, skate slow, trip, fall and they still kept their placment . if michelle mistakes slowness would have won.
    not to mention
    in all medals michelle has 11 ties for 5th among all world, olympic medalist . got
    i am working on the whole list .

    jaime and david played around in front of cameras in regard to messing with ogm medal and US Pro Skaters helped with it. if jaime and david would have practice and went to worlds might not have been so bad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •