View Poll Results: Who are the 3 most hated world/Olympic champions on fsu?

Voters
333. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evgeni Plushenko

148 44.44%
  • Miki Ando

43 12.91%
  • Sale & Pelletier

166 49.85%
  • Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze

3 0.90%
  • Michelle Kwan

15 4.50%
  • Tara Lipinski

72 21.62%
  • Sarah Hughes

172 51.65%
  • Patrick Chan

105 31.53%
  • Alexei Urmanov

25 7.51%
  • Oksana Baiul

24 7.21%
  • Elvis Stojko

47 14.11%
  • Other

43 12.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    but mainly it was the bad judging that hurt tara and sarah, or lack of judging regarding them
    Tara did not win because of bad judging, but Sarah did.... (too high after the sp). Anyway, it was Kwan´s own fault that she did not win in Nagano, the road was open for her, but she blew it with her tentative performance. IF she had skated the way she did at the Nationals (with abandon and joy), she would have won.
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-29-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am not sure what Sarah Hughes did to be so "hated." Sure, people think her skating was technically flawed, and people thought her coach was annoying. And she defeated Kwan and Slute due to crap judging. But I don't think she has really done any bad mouthing, boasting, strutting, or whining, or made homophobic statements, or stolen anyone's spouse, or drove drunk, or behaved like a snot, or made a nuisance of herself, or been too perky to tolerate.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Tara did not win because of bad judging, but Sarah did.... (too high after the sp). Anyway, it was Kwan´s own fault that she did not win in Nagano, the road was open for her, but she blew it with her tentative performance. IF she had skated the way she did at the Nationals (with abandon and joy), she would have won.
    I think she blew it more in SLC, but let's not go down that road again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Hughes - one of the best moments in Olympic history. Yet people hate her because her career was short and she beat Kwan

Cham - one of the most naturally gifted skaters of all time. Best skatings skills in the world. Some of his jumps have almost perfect technique. yet people hate him because he fell on a simple 2A at worlds and still won.

S/P - probably the most flawless Olympic pair long program in history. Yet people hate them because they originally won silver even though they deserved gold

Ando - one of the most gifted jumpers in all of ladies figure skating. First lady to land a quad. Landed numerous 3lz-3lo 's , probably the hardest combination performed by a lady. Yet people hate her because she isn't the most artistically gifted

Lipinski - one of the best Olympic lp's in ladies figure skating. Landed some of the hardest combinations by a lady. Yet people hate her because she was young and because she beat Kwan

I can understand people hating on people like Plushenko, but for these people I just don't think it is right. Sure they don't have to be you favorite, but don't hate them just because they succeeded over the people u do like
    Well, yeah, if you believe those are the reasons people hate these skaters, than no wonder you can't understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    She ruined the magic with her atrocious skate at worlds the following year, not to mention being placed too high in the olympic short.

You forget the fact that he's a pompous douche

pompous homophobic douches

she basically only has jumps. that's it.

I personally like tara but her family's behavior did her no favors

People complain about Tara lipinski because she ended her career right after olympics, but then people complain when Sarah Hughes stays after Olympics. Was the magic of Michelle Kwan ruined by her Olympic performances. Was Yuna Kim's magic lost after she got 2nd at worlds.

In terms of Chan, sure sometimes he can be a douche, but it doesn't neglect the fact that he is the best skater in the world.

And for miki, she must have something more than jumps if she is able to win 2 world championships.

vCash
    Is Chan's douchiness due to his China and sore loser comments?

vCash
    Hughes - one of the best moments in Olympic history. Yet people hate her because her career was short and she beat Kwan
    In what parallel universe is 5 years at the top of senior world competition "short"?
    By that standard, 90% of all skaters had careers that were short. Do we hate them all then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    In what parallel universe is 5 years at the top of senior world competition "short"?
    By that standard, 90% of all skaters had careers that were short. Do we hate them all then?
    I hope u realize that I'm agreeing with ???? Did u not read my entire post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    Is Chan's douchiness due to his China and sore loser comments?
    Yes. That and his passive-aggressiveness towards Takahashi in the 2010/2011 season (in the beginning).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Yes. That and his passive-aggressiveness towards Takahashi in the 2010/2011 season (in the beginning).
    Ooh, do you have any quotes? Ive never heard of that spectacle, only the other two.

vCash
    jaana,

michelle kwan didn't blow it, she didn't make a mistake. the judges made a big deal of the "small mistakes" and overlooked tara's, sarah's, and everyone else's.
    in fact michelle skate in 1998 was great.

part of the reason is michelle landed 7 jumps along with choreo, tara only questionably 5 jumps. but judges thought tara landed two triple tripes combo, she didn't only 1-questionable, and the U.S. federation was heavily pushing Tara as the Next Sonja Henie however the American Public picked Michelle Kwan.
    michelle landed 7 jumps, jumped a bit higher, more choreo than tara however the judges picked who the USFSA wanted to win since salt lake city was 4 years away and they hoped and told them that Tara would stay in.
    the judges did what they did and the people reacted and still reacts that way since Michelle is the only skater (in certain public opinions) was nailed for every little bobble, scratch, trip and every other skater in olympics had something overlooked that led them to win.

I am finding out if they Want you to win (federations) they will help cheat for you to win and cover it up by every and any means necessary.
    They also thought Tara would bring in more money than Michelle. too bad the federations didn't listen to the public
    the usfsa thought it would go back after the olympics, they was able to pick the winner and keep the public behind that person before tonya/nancy mess, they can't.
    once the public picks a person they want they more/less stand behind that person no matter what.

vCash
    jaana,

michelle kwan didn't blow it, she didn't make a mistake. the judges made a big deal of the "small mistakes" and overlooked tara's, sarah's, and everyone else's.
    My impression was that she looked cautious/tentative, did not go all out as she did in Nationals. Her freeskate programme was such, that it did not allow tentativeness and slowness! She should not have listened to her father´s advice, but to her coach. Anyway, that did cost her the OG medal.

vCash
    jaana,

part of the reason is michelle landed 7 jumps along with choreo, tara only questionably 5 jumps. but judges thought tara landed two triple tripes combo, she didn't only 1-questionable, and the U.S. federation was heavily pushing Tara as the Next Sonja Henie however the American Public picked Michelle Kwan.
    michelle landed 7 jumps, jumped a bit higher, more choreo than tara however the judges picked who the USFSA wanted to win since salt lake city was 4 years away and they hoped and told them that Tara would stay in.
    the judges did what they did and the people reacted and still reacts that way since Michelle is the only skater (in certain public opinions) was nailed for every little bobble, scratch, trip and every other skater in olympics had something overlooked that led them to win.

I am finding out if they Want you to win (federations) they will help cheat for you to win and cover it up by every and any means necessary.
    They also thought Tara would bring in more money than Michelle. too bad the federations didn't listen to the public
    the usfsa thought it would go back after the olympics, they was able to pick the winner and keep the public behind that person before tonya/nancy mess, they can't.
    once the public picks a person they want they more/less stand behind that person no matter what.
    Im sorry but Tara won because she skated better. And i think I'm correct by saying that the US judge placed Michelle ahead, so all your talk about usfsa wanting Tara to win is nonsense. And Tara cleanly landed 7 triples, with 2 triple-triple combos that were clean.

On the end, Tara skated better which is why she won, Not because USFSA helped her cheat a gold medal

vCash
    Im sorry but Tara won because she skated better. And i think I'm correct by saying that the US judge placed Michelle ahead, so all your talk about usfsa wanting Tara to win is nonsense. And Tara cleanly landed 7 triples, with 2 triple-triple combos that were clean.

On the end, Tara skated better which is why she won, Not because USFSA helped her cheat a gold medal
    She was more exciting and entertaining, and with no mistake. Her skating has never really been "better" than Michelle's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I personally like tara but her family's behavior did her no favors

What did her family really do? I'm not really a fan of her mom, but what did her family exactly do to make people hate them?

vCash
    I can't tell anymore if you are just trolling or you really do believe your insane conspiracy theories are true.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateBlades17 View Post
    What did her family really do? I'm not really a fan of her mom, but what did her family exactly do to make people hate them?
    As far as I know there are 2 publicized incidents. The infamous White House incident where Pat Lipinksi threw a hissy fit when Michelle, not Tara was chosen to present the Olympic jacket to Clinton. The other was Mr. Lipinksi basically saying Michelle's parents live off her. They just came off as rude and entitled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    I can't tell anymore if you are just trolling or you really do believe your insane conspiracy theories are true.

As far as I know there are 2 publicized incidents. The infamous White House incident where Pat Lipinksi threw a hissy fit when Michelle, not Tara was chosen to present the Olympic jacket to Clinton. The other was Mr. Lipinksi basically saying Michelle's parents live off her. They just came off as rude and entitled.
    Thanks for the info Oh yes, I do remember hearing some about the white house incident. Did Pat Lipinski throw this hissy fit in an interview or what? I hadn't heard about the comment made by her dad until now.

vCash
    Umm, I have always been annoyed about the Olympic jacket thing. IMO, there is no way in **** that Michelle should have been chosen over Tara. I understand that the supposed reason was that Michelle was planning on skating until SLC, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Given that Tara had received a lot of unfair media crapolla (cough Christine Brennan), yet she still won the OLYMPICS, Pat's reaction is how almost any mother would react if their daughter not been chosen. I know my mom would have been angry and she is far from a stage mom. People have been relentless on Pat, but I think she was speaking up, because she knew Tara would not. It was sad for her; in every major International competition from Jan of 97 until Feb of 98, she represented team USA the best she could, winning each event (CSF 97, Worlds 97, CSF 97/98, Olympics 98), but she was still passed up for Michelle.

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Well, I have no favour neither for Lipinski nor Kwawn, both were rather dull and to me. I was rooting for Lulu then. But Lipinski's Olympic win was absolute okay, because she skated with joy and abandon ... plus ... she took some risks. In opposite to Kwawn, who acted like an Olympic drama queen before and after her LP; but her skate, as it has been said many times before, was slow and tentative plus as usual she hardly left the ice surface during her jumps.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    Well, I have no favour neither for Lipinski nor Kwawn, both were rather dull and to me. I was rooting for Lulu then. But Lipinski's Olympic win was absolute okay, because she skated with joy and abandon ... plus ... she took some risks. In opposite to Kwawn, who acted like an Olympic drama queen before and after her LP; but her skate, as it has been said many times before, was slow and tentative plus as usual she hardly left the ice surface during her jumps.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast