Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You left out the part where all the bad guys had bad aim and was not very bright.
    Oh yeah, and the part where, even though they outnumbered the hero, they politely took turns fighting him instead of all jumping him at once. I love how that always happens in TV and movie fights.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I assume you don't live in the Chicago area Harsh winters in the north keep these insane plant species pretty much under control in Canada, and we have a similar winter to Chicago. I agree that this would certainly be plausible in warmer climates, just not here. Native plants just aren't as invasive.
    I have seen vines grow practically before your eyes - in a matter of days and certainly weeks they can swallow whole trees, not to mention wreck havoc with siding, eavestroughs, concrete and pavement.

And I live in Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I live in New England. There are invasive species everywhere.
    I live in Ontario. You should see my back gardens after just one summer of my working 80 hours a week meaning too little time to keep it completely under control.

I could only imagine 15 years of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I live in Ontario. You should see my back gardens after just one summer of my working 80 hours a week meaning too little time to keep it completely under control.

I could only imagine 15 years of this.
    I stand corrected

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I got excited when I saw Revenge listed for next Wednesday: I was hoping they'd changed their minds about moving the show to Sunday. But no, it's a recap episode, and the regular season premier will indeed be Sunday the 30th.

Thank goodness for 2 DVRs and late-night repeats for PBS, Knowledge Network, Bravo, and Showcase -- otherwise I don't think I'd manage with everything that's on on Sundays!

I am happy to have the recap for Revenge though, there are some things I'll definitely want reminding about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

Thank goodness for 2 DVRs and late-night repeats for PBS, Knowledge Network, Bravo, and Showcase -- otherwise I don't think I'd manage with everything that's on on Sundays!
    So true. I try to empty out my DVR on weekends, to not get far behind, and then Sun pm and too many shows on at the same time. Why do they do that?
    My Sun shows include (various times of year): Amazing Race, The Good Wife, Homeland, Mad Men, some masterpiece theatre, the Borgias, Celebrity Apprentice.

vCash
    My Sundays include Revenge, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Over the Rainbow, Masterpiece, various BritDrams on Knowledge Network, and Mythbusters.

And to further add to the Sunday overload, I just noticed that PBS will also be carrying Call the Midwife starting on Sept 30. I'd spotted this in a DVD catalogue and just sent an acquisition recommendation to my library for it, but now I have a backup plan. It's about midwives in working-class London in the 50s, and was one of the highest rated new dramas when it aired in the UK. It stars a lot of familiar British actors: Vanessa Redgrave, Pam Ferris, Judy Parfitt, Jenny Agutter, and Ben Caplan (token male ).

vCash
    My last reference to Revolution I promise. LOL I thought those interested in what things would look like after fifteen years of being dormant would like to watch this video. This is Norwich Mental Hospital which was abandoned in 1996 and is the focus of many ghost stories. LOL It still stands abandoned today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3e-...e_gdata_player

vCash
    For those of you with Showtime, don 't forget Homeland starts on Sunday 9/30! At least with that, there's always On Demand if there's too many things to record.

vCash
    Call the Midwife is a wonderful series. And in some ways eye opening.

vCash
    My Sundays include Revenge, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Over the Rainbow, Masterpiece, various BritDrams on Knowledge Network, and Mythbusters.
    Mythbusters is in reruns right now, right? I was thinking their new season starts in January...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Mythbusters is in reruns right now, right? I was thinking their new season starts in January...
    Mythbusters on DiscoveryCanada is several months behind, for some strange reason. The new season just started for us a couple of weeks ago. But their "seasons" seem to be very short, I'm not really sure where one begins and another ends. I just know they're new episodes for us.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Finally got to watch Revolution. I liked it. I can overlook all the little things like the clothes and the hair and even batteries not working and stuff like that, as long as the story keeps me interested I'll keep watching. I'm interested to see how Miles buddy became the leader of the militia. But the one thing that bothers me ... they specifically said that Daniel is 19 years old, which makes Charlie about 22-23. No way do I buy her as a 23 year old ... she looks like she's 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I am sooooo loving Copper! It's a keeper!
    I'm in for the season. I do find it sometimes confusing and sometimes annoying in the apparent inconsistency of accents and period language, but I'm willing to overlook that as long as the basic stories and characters are intriguing.

I got excited when I saw Revenge listed for next Wednesday: I was hoping they'd changed their minds about moving the show to Sunday. But no, it's a recap episode, and the regular season premier will indeed be Sunday the 30th.
    Yeah, there are too many shows I want to watch on Sundays and hardly any the rest of the week. Thank goodness (and $$) for on-demand.

I haven't yet made an effort to find out what all the new shows are this year. Anything worth seeking out? I mostly prefer stories with season-long arcs rather than episodic, and the higher quality of writing and acting on shorter-season cable shows.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I haven't yet made an effort to find out what all the new shows are this year. Anything worth seeking out? I mostly prefer stories with season-long arcs rather than episodic, and the higher quality of writing and acting on shorter-season cable shows.
    Nashville which will air on Wednesdays for ABC is getting great reviews and has the wonderful Connie Britton on it too so I'd look into that one if I were you and see if it's something that interests you. I can't wait for that one to start although it doesn't debut until October 10th. I hate waiting!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Scandal is back on Thursday. My niece says it's going to be a doosie season.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.whoisquinnperkins.com/

vCash
    Has anyone questioned why we see all the power go out. A long line of cars gone suddenly dead, and a sequential blinking out of all the headlights on those cars.....yet the airplanes that are falling out of the sky still have their lights on.

Of course it's that way for dramatic effect, so we can see those planes falling out of the sky. But really, if the car's lights have all gone out, then the planes shouldn't have had any working lights either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatfoote View Post
    Has anyone questioned why we see all the power go out. A long line of cars gone suddenly dead, and a sequential blinking out of all the headlights on those cars.....yet the airplanes that are falling out of the sky still have their lights on.

Of course it's that way for dramatic effect, so we can see those planes falling out of the sky. But really, if the car's lights have all gone out, then the planes shouldn't have had any working lights either.
    Well the show's creators promised us answers later so I guess we have to hope the show lasts long enough to provide them. LOL

vCash
    Person of Interest will be back on September 27th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SX2T...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Scandal is back on Thursday. My niece says it's going to be a doosie season.
    I'd almost forgotten about that one, probably because the first "season" was so short. I really enjoyed it though, so am looking forward to its return. Hope they do a recap though, I can't quite remember all the twists & turns.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast