Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/...edium=buzzfeed

Which TV Shows Have Been Renewed, Which Have Been Canceled, And Which Ones Are We Waiting To Hear About?

The broadcast television networks announce their new shows and new schedules the week of May 13. Here's what's happened so far, and what's still up in the air.

posted on May 3, 2013 at 8:18pm EDT

Kate Aurthur - BuzzFeed Staff

The upfronts begin in New York City on May 13. Fox and NBC both go that day; ABC is on May 14; CBS is May 15; and the CW is May 16. Announcements about new shows will start leaking out sooner than that, though. (I'll deal with those in separate posts: Stay tuned.)

vCash
    Looks like my faves are all safe. Phew! It is amazing that I watch not a single show on ABC. Yeah I know... They are all broken up about it too. Hehehe

vCash
    I watch less TV than I used to...1 show on NBC (Grimm), 1 on ABC (Modern Family)...my biggies are CBS (Amazing Race, Good Wife, TBBT, Person of Interest, Elementary) and PBS (lots!).

My mom mainly watches the satellite TV; I get little access (usually just for Daily Show, Colbert Report, Rachel Maddow, Last Word).

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have had a hard time keeping up with my television shows this year. I don't have the attention span I used to have and I find myself opening my laptop and my TV shows become background noise. I hardly even watch The Americans or Bates Motel any more, I just push play while I play on my laptop. I have completely abandoned Revenge and Once Upon a Time. Is this part of getting old or am I just addicted to the internet? lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I have had a hard time keeping up with my television shows this year. I don't have the attention span I used to have and I find myself opening my laptop and my TV shows become background noise. ....
    I know what you mean! I did that from like Fall 2009 thru the 2010 season finale's and I feel like I missed the whole season of my shows. I don't even remember how 24 ended because I was on my laptop while watching the finale, and missed cliffhangers of most of my shows. Not a problem now; no more laptop.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm housesitting for a friend right now, and she has a Netflix subscription, so I've been checking out some TV series that I have (and have not) heard about. Saw the first episode of Weeds and loved it, so I'll be getting the DVDs from the library. Watched Californication and HATED it. What an a**wipe Duchovny's character is. One show I had not heard of is "Rectify". It's a Sundance Channel series and it's been renewed for a second season. I'm loving the first episode so far. The show is about a man who has spent most of his adult life in jail for the rape and murder of his girlfriend. The series picks up from where he is released from jail because DNA evidence has shown that he had no link to his crime and I'm assuming his confession to this crime was coerced. It's a very well done show with interesting and enjoyable characters. Here's the link to the Wikipedia page for this show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectify_(TV_series)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Not liking that Grimm moved to Tuesdays. I lurve Grimm on Friday! Plus they completely faked us out with the previews that Nick would move on from dopey Juliet. As if!

I don't how anyone thought that Ready to Love show would work...and now I saw that Eva Longoria is dating one of the bachelors she "hand-picked" for the show....I guess she really was ready for love!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Not liking that Grimm moved to Tuesdays. I lurve Grimm on Friday! Plus they completely faked us out with the previews that Nick would move on from dopey Juliet. As if!
    Agreed...I'm not caring for this move so far either. And Nick would probably be more interesting, and the story lines would have more freedom and variety if he were a single man. But I think Juliet is here to stay...or maybe just until new contract negotiations.

vCash
    I agree about Juliet. I was so excited to see Nick get himself a new flame, but alas it was not to be. I miss my Grimm Fridays but so far I am adjusting.

vCash
    Well, at least Juliette is now in on the secret without losing her mind. From the previews, I can't wait to see her reaction when Monroe, Rosalee, and Bud! show her their other faces. Also, can someone refresh my memory - Nick & Co., know that the Captain is a royal, but do they know that he's 1/2 hexenbeist? I don't know if that was ever made clear.

What I don't like about the move is that it is on at 10pm on a "school night". I usually shift all the 10pm shows and watch later, so Castle, Grimm, Warehouse 13, all get watched later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Well, at least Juliette is now in on the secret without losing her mind. From the previews, I can't wait to see her reaction when Monroe, Rosalee, and Bud! show her their other faces. Also, can someone refresh my memory - Nick & Co., know that the Captain is a royal, but do they know that he's 1/2 hexenbeist? I don't know if that was ever made clear.
    Yeah, that clip of Monroe & Co. shifting looks pretty rad. I don't think that they know the Captain is a half-blood royal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Nick & Co., know that the Captain is a royal, but do they know that he's 1/2 hexenbeist? I don't know if that was ever made clear.
    Pretty sure at least Nick knows. Didn't that come out in their "epic" battle over the key?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Pretty sure at least Nick knows. Didn't that come out in their "epic" battle over the key?
    Maybe you're correct; at the very least the Captain was clear that he is on the outs with his family.

vCash
    Looks Like NBC is doing a complete comedy makeover

Renewed:

Parks and Recreation
    Community

Final Season:

30 Rock
    The Office

Cancelled:

1600 Penn
    Animal Practice
    Go On
    Guys With Kids
    The New Normal
    Up All Night
    Whitney

vCash
    Looks Like NBC is doing a complete comedy makeover

Renewed:

Parks and Recreation
    Community

Final Season:

30 Rock
    The Office

Cancelled:

1600 Penn
    Animal Practice
    Go On
    Guys With Kids
    The New Normal
    Up All Night
    Whitney

vCash
    I am truly saddened by the cancellation of Go On. Show had a nice heart, and some truly funny charactors.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I am truly saddened by the cancellation of Go On. Show had a nice heart, and some truly funny charactors.
    That's exactly how I felt too. I always enjoyed it and it seemed like a show that could quietly grow.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Grimm on Tuesdays feels like we're getting remedial primers to catch up people who've never seen the show. Why not just cobble together a recap ep to introduce the new timeslot, instead of dumbing down the new episodes?

Seeing Rosalie, Monroe and Bud "come out" to Juliette had heaps of potential, but it was dragged out for so long I just wanted them to get it over with already!

Mardi Gras Zombie Army + Jerk Royal Brother has lots of potential tho
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I must admit I kinda like Nick's annoying gf becoming part of the bad guy fighting team.

vCash
    only if she gets herself killed in the process. Or turned into a mardi gras zombie.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast