Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Any Canadians catch Motive last night on CTV? I was looking forward to it -- not that I need another cop drama in my life, but the premise is interesting, plus it's actually set in Vancouver instead of just filmed here. But it was scheduled for right after the Superbowl ... so it didn't actually air when it was supposed to. (Why do they do that?) Repeats tonight on CTV2, though, so I'm hoping to catch it then.
    I did, and enjoyed it. Knowing who the killer was from the beginning didn’t reduce the suspense for me at all. I’ll tune in again next week. Apparently it’s also been picked up by ABC.

ETA: Sounds like it did well: Canadian Viewers Find their MOTIVE: New Canadian Series Debuts with 1.23 Million Viewers
    Last edited by shutterbug; 02-05-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    they are doing a "celeb" version of the swan
    are you kidding meeeeeeee?!?! that show was such a hot mess....although, yeah, seeing surgically altered pretty people get more surgery for free isn't that interesting. How about they take someone like Heidi Montag and try to undo all the damage she's done to herself and make her look remotely normal again?

ps SMASH premiere tomorrow!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    are you kidding meeeeeeee?!?! that show was such a hot mess....although, yeah, seeing surgically altered pretty people get more surgery for free isn't that interesting. How about they take someone like Heidi Montag and try to undo all the damage she's done to herself and make her look remotely normal again?

ps SMASH premiere tomorrow!
    they reportedly are interested in erin moran and monica lewinsky

if asked, i imagine erin will do it for the place to stay
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

vCash
    Has anyone seen House of Cards on Netflix Streaming? It's directed by David Fincher and stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I've seen two episodes so far and it is a great show. Hopefully, this leads to more original shows on Netflix.

vCash
    I've heard about it and will check it out for sure.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Has anyone seen House of Cards on Netflix Streaming? It's directed by David Fincher and stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I've seen two episodes so far and it is a great show. Hopefully, this leads to more original shows on Netflix.
    "Originial" -- well, kinda.

Have you seen the original British version? It's superb. Not that the American remake can't also be great, and I hope I can find it somehow since I don't get Netflix.

But do check out the British trilogy if you can: House of Cards, To Play the King, and The Final Cut. Ian Richardson is terrifying. The books (by Michael Dobbs) are pretty good too.

vCash

Have you seen the original British version? It's superb. Not that the American remake can't also be great, and I hope I can find it somehow since I don't get Netflix.

But do check out the British trilogy if you can: House of Cards, To Play the King, and The Final Cut. Ian Richardson is terrifying. The books (by Michael Dobbs) are pretty good too.
    Yeah I know it's a remake but what I meant by original was their own exclusive content rather than stuff they licensed from ABC, NBC etc.

Btw, you could also argue the British series was a loose adaptation of Richard III

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Btw, you could also argue the British series was a loose adaptation of Richard III
    ... with a nod to The Scottish Play as well, esp. re: the influence of the wives. But those in turn were influenced by the Senecan tragedy ...

So really, there's nothing new under the sun.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Tuesday 2/5/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-rises/168296/

I did not expect such bad ratings for the "Smash" return.

vCash

I've seen the original and a couple episodes so far of the Spacey series (would be more but my streaming was having issues the other night). So far, I'm really liking it.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am watching The Following. Very creepy, but good.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wow, those ratings for Smash are worthy of a cancel. I am sure they will give it some time but that is really really low numbers for such an expensive show. Do you think it could have had something to do with a 2 hour premiere? It lists the time as 9-11 pm. Maybe people just were not interested in investing so much time and figured they would catch a rerun or just pick up with the next episode. Weren't the ratings good last year?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I'm loving House of Cards! Spacey is awesome!
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Watching House of Cards right now and am a bit bored.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I just finished watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. I loved the way they mixed the two languages so it works in both Norway and English speaking countries. It was like Fargo crossed with Sopranos.

And soon they have Arrested Development!
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    I did, and enjoyed it. (Motive) Knowing who the killer was from the beginning didn’t reduce the suspense for me at all. I’ll tune in again next week. Apparently it’s also been picked up by ABC.

ETA: Sounds like it did well: Canadian Viewers Find their MOTIVE: New Canadian Series Debuts with 1.23 Million Viewers
    I enjoyed it too, for the most part. I thought the device worked, and actually built suspense rather than lessened it.

My main criticism was that it felt rushed. It almost seemed like they'd shot another 1/2 hour of story that ended up on the cutting room floor. They jumped from one part of the investigation to the next with no, well, investigation. That might have been an inexperience thing, though, so I'm hoping it will get better.

My other quibble, and this it really nit-picky (as well as hugely subjective), was that they seemed to be trying too hard to market this to a US network. One of the reasons I was interested in watching the show was that it was supposed to be Vancouver, not Vancouver-as-Seattle. But it was littered with details that screamed American to me. Like the football game with the uniformed marching band. And a black police chief/captain/whatever his rank is. (Hard to know what the decision-making process was here. If he was an actor they really wanted for the part, that's fine. But if they wanted to have a racial minority chararacter in a position of power, how about someone that actually reflects the demographics of Vancouver, like Aboriginal, Chinese-Canadian, or Indo-Canadian?)

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Wednesday 2/6/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ory-up/168424/

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I've been watching House of Cards and I like it. I am not absolutely hooked and I often find myself doing other things while it is on but I still want to see what happens next and where it all goes. The only bad thing about this being on Netflix is that Netflix released all the episodes at once so you watch them all within a week and then you have to wait an entire year for the next season. That's a long time.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Thursday 2/7/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...omy-up/168681/

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast