Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Been watching Legend of the Seeker on Netflicks. Looks really good! Anyone remember it from a few years ago?
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

I thought the trailer ws brilliant. I can't wait for this one!!
    Well, here's the plot, tell me if you think that after reading this:

The show is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that defies an order to launch nuclear missiles towards Pakistan, a decision that costs the commanding officer his job when he refuses to follow out the orders without an explanation or official confirmation. When his replacement also questions the same orders, the vessel is fired upon without warning and the crew are left for dead. Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the fictional island of Sainte Marina, and declare themselves a sovereign nation with nuclear capability. At the same time, the crew must find a way to prove their innocence and find out who set them up so that they can return home to America.

Ridciulous with a capital R!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yeah I thought the Last Reort didn't make any sense to me either. Probably not gonna last long.
    Did you get to see a preview of the pilot already? I won't get to see it until the show debuts on September 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Ridciulous with a capital R!
    It's a show on ABC (not the documentary channel). If The Last Resort rates so high on your "ridiculous" scale, where would you place Star Trek, True Blood, Dexter, Once Upon A Time, The Twilight Zone, Glee, Lost, The Walking Dead.......
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Actually some of those are ridiculous to me, but that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining. But the difference to me with The Last Resort is it's intent. It's not trying to be sci-fi, vampire, supernatural, or anything not based in reality. It's trying to be a gritty drama based in real time environment on a submarine. To do that, you have to have some plausible scenario to make the drama work. This one doesn't work that way, it's just some made up junk that lacks that authenticity that this style drama demands. Setting up a new sovereign nation?? Really?

Essentially this show took the plot of the Gene Hackman/Denzel Washington movie Crimson Tide and expanded it in a bad, non-sensical way. JMHO

vCash
    No, I just saw the trailer.

vCash
    Gone but not forgotten, and fondly remembered by me:
    Pan Am
    Terra Nova
    I'm still grieving the loss of these two too...

vCash
    I am in denial about Alcatraz. I want it back !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Alcatrazz, Terra Nova and Terriers from the season before are all lamented by me.

vCash
    Nice to see Terra Nova has so many fans. Oh well... I am gonna buy the DVD soon hopefully. BTW Does anyone know when Person of Interest will be back?

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Did anyone watch part 1 of Coma last night? I don't usually hold out a lot of hope for A&E mini-series, but I did record it last night and will try to catch up before part 2 airs.

I have only a very vague recollection of the book ...

vCash
    Does anyone know when Person of Interest will be back?
    September 27!

vCash
    Just watched the pilot of "The New Normal". OMG, fantastic! I have it on season pass.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    By fluke I caught a few minutes of Matthew Perry's show. Something about mocking a woman who works as a counsellor for Weight Watchers? How could I have loved "Friends" so much, but have gotten to the point that even a few minutes of a Matthew Perry program will keep me from getting a good night's sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Just watched the pilot of "The New Normal". OMG, fantastic! I have it on season pass.
    I thought that premiered tomorrow (Tuesday)?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Grimm is on hiatus until September 28th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    By fluke I caught a few minutes of Matthew Perry's show. Something about mocking a woman who works as a counsellor for Weight Watchers? How could I have loved "Friends" so much, but have gotten to the point that even a few minutes of a Matthew Perry program will keep me from getting a good night's sleep?

I thought that premiered tomorrow (Tuesday)?
    It was on CTV last night. But it will be on NBC tonight.

As for "Go On", I hope you give it one try. Perry's character was talking to his grief counselor, who admitted that her counseling experience amounted to her time at Weight Watchers. I found the show kinda touching and sweet.

Although I am an avid Happy Endings uber, I think a Go On/New Normal/Parenthood combo will be irresistible.

vCash
    I thought the premier ep of "Go On" shown during the Olys was really good, poignant and funny. Plus, Matthew has a bunch of sports stars and references in the show! Notice the Jonathan Quick jersey in the background? Matthew is a huge fan of the Stanley Cup champion LA Kings and of Jon Quick in particular.

We will see tonight if the pilot was just a one shot thing or can they sustain the quality.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I actually watched the first two episodes of Go On and enjoyed them very much. I refuse to give up my Happy Endings though (I adore that show!) so my recorder will get even more of a workout if I choose to keep watching it. I'm all ready having to record Chicago Fire (will be watching Nashville live...Connie Britton!!) and Revolution (will be watching Hawaii Five-O live....or vice versa, I haven't really decided between these two shows yet! ) plus I get home late from youth group on Sunday nights so Once Upon a Time is all ready on the schedule to be recorded every week. Why did so many things get scheduled on the same nights this year??! I really don't watch a lot of TV overall anymore so this is ridiculous.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Finally watched it online. I didn't think it was fantastic, but I did enjoy it far more than I thought I would. Definitely a keeper, so far anyway. My biggest criticism was the Nana character -- Barkin was great, and she had some fabulous lines ... but it was far too 2-dimensional. I'll give it time though, it often takes a while for that kind of character to be "real."

It was also driving me nuts where I'd seen Bryan before, then right at the very end I figured it out: he was the original Elder Price in The Book of Mormon. (And as an aside ... when I checked imdb for his other credits, I see that a movie version of BoM has been announced , and Rannells is rumoured to reprise the role.)

vCash
    I also tried watching World without End, which just started airing on Showcase in Canada. I didn't have very high expectations ... but even those were not met. Forced myself to watch to the end of the first episode, but that was plenty. Ugh.

(And who was the deluded casting agent who thought Cynthia Nixon could pull off an even remotely passable English accent? )

vCash
    Finally read all the posts in the thread.

So far - loving Grimm, sad to have to wait for more.

Can't wait for NCIS

Like The New Normal, but I agree with Artemis about Nana. I think she would be far more effective if she was dialed back a bit. But hey, it's brought to you by the Glee folks, so no surprise that it's a bit OTT. And speaking of Glee. ere it is only hours from the season debut, and no one has started a Season 4 thread?? Wow!

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast