Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I didn't see the show (don't get FX), but why is that unrealistic? Being an FBI agent isn't secret like CIA. I could see some FBI agents being somewhat circumspect about revealing their job in the same way that some municipal police officers are, just because people often get weird or squirrely about being around cops. But there's no reason at all why an FBI agent can't reveal what he does for a living if he wants to. It is part of the normal conversation when you meet someone, after all -- "So, what do you do for a living?"
    I don't recall the exact wording but he elaborated and mentioned the counterintelligence unit and going after Soviet spies. Doesn't seem to me to be something one would mention.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh Shoozzzzz I forgot!
    I'm sure it will be repeated one night on FX before the next new episode ("AHS" repeated on Fri or Sat night).

I think you'll enjoy it. And listen for the '80's music.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I just don't think he was undercover in his job in any way. He was a guy who sat in a nice cozy office and sent other people to do the dirty undercover work. He used to do that work but seems to have been promoted to this position in D.C. In reality I doubt someone would have been so specific about their position but I don't think he was violating any rules by saying what he did.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Thursday 1/31/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-flops/167579/

The premiere for "Do No Harm" was so bad, I almost expect it to be pulled after next weeks episode.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Lifetime orders 10 episdoes of "Witches of East End":
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

I don't usually watch Lifetime, if ever, but I'm looking forward to this show. Stars Julia Ormond!!!
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 02-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

The premiere for "Do No Harm" was so bad, I almost expect it to be pulled after next weeks episode.

The only word that comes to mind is 'laughable', and Alana de la Garza should sue - for bad hair, bad makeup and for the agent who got her into this mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

Since the original post on Zap2it - it has been edited to reflect that this is the "lowest-rated in-season premiere of any any 4-network scripted program this season EVER".

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ Glad I didn't even waste the electricity to record it then.

Mostly I was avoiding it because I knew it could never be even remotely close to as good as Jekyll. Or even as good as that short-lived series with Jason Isaacs, Awake.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    New/Returning shows for the week 2/3/2013-2/9/2013:

Sunday, February 3
    6:30 Super Bowl XLVII (CBS)

Monday, February 4
    8:30 Rules of Engagement (CBS)
    10:00 Monday Mornings (TNT)

Tuesday, February 5
    9:00 Smash (NBC)
    10:00 Body of Proof (ABC)
    10:00 Tosh.0 (Comedy)

Wednesday, February 6
    9:00 The Spies of Warsaw (BBCA)

Thursday, February 7
    8:00 Community (NBC)
    11:30 Brand X with Russell Brand (FX)

Friday, February 8
    8:00 The Job (CBS)
    8:00 Touch (FOX)
    10:30 The Jenny McCarthy Show (VH1)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they are doing a "celeb" version of the swan, no "celebs" cast yet

since most "celebs", even jacked up ones, already have their own nose and boob jobs, i wonder what they will do for them that will be noticeably different?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Tuesday, February 5
    9:00 Smash (NBC)
    10:00 Body of Proof (ABC)
    10:00 Tosh.0 (Comedy)
    FYI: Body of Proof isn't debuting until February 19th. I read that ABC is holding that debut until the week after the President's State of the Union speech (Feb. 12th) to avoid the early break between episodes.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Oh bummer.... As hard as I try, I believe The Americans is not available in Canada. Hopefully it will show up somewhere soon.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    FYI: Body of Proof isn't debuting until February 19th. I read that ABC is holding that debut until the week after the President's State of the Union speech (Feb. 12th) to avoid the early break between episodes.
    Thanks. A week break after they return isn't a good idea. It's better they changed it.

vCash
    I have been watching the British TV series Sherlock. It's the inspiration behind Elementary. Benedict Cumberbatch really is darn good as the iconic detective, but nobody is a better Watson than Lucy Liu! She really rocks in that role. And Aiden Quinn is excellent in that series too, so I say overall the US series is better. But I do like both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have been watching the British TV series Sherlock. It's the inspiration behind Elementary. Benedict Cumberbatch really is darn good as the iconic detective, but nobody is a better Watson than Lucy Liu! She really rocks in that role. And Aiden Quinn is excellent in that series too, so I say overall the US series is better. But I do like both.
    Sorry, but you're just plain wrong on that one.

While I'm surprised at how much I'm liking Elementary, Sherlock is superior on every level. Miller is very good, but Cumberbatch is perfect. Liu is very good (the biggest surprise for me), but Freeman is still the better Watson. More importanly, though, the interaction between the two is flawless. And the stories, dialogue, pacing, directing, settings, and tone are all better in Sherlock. It's just no contest.

It is a bit of an unfair comparison, of course, as Sherlock has so far been only 6 episodes over 2 seasons, and each episode feels like a short movie. A 22-episode-a-year series like Elementary just can't match that intensity.

The only things about Elementary that are better than Sherlock, imo, are Aiden Quinn, and the fact that we don't have to wait a year or more between seasons. And even saying Quinn is better Graves has an * beside it just because Graves' Lestrade is so completely undeveloped compared to Quinn's Gregson.

vCash
    Yeah, Cumberbatch is the better Sherlock but we will have to agree to disagree with the rest. . And season three of the Brit series starts shooting in March. Each episode is over an hour and a half so they are more like TV movies, so the format is different.c

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Sunday 2/3/2013: "Super Bowl XLVII"
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ackout/167723/

vCash
    Any Canadians catch Motive last night on CTV? I was looking forward to it -- not that I need another cop drama in my life, but the premise is interesting, plus it's actually set in Vancouver instead of just filmed here. But it was scheduled for right after the Superbowl ... so it didn't actually air when it was supposed to. (Why do they do that?) Repeats tonight on CTV2, though, so I'm hoping to catch it then.

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast