Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Saturday 1/26/2013: US Figure Skating Championships (Ladies LP)
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-down/166926/

I don't usually post Saturday ratings, but the US Figure Skating Championships were on.

vCash
    Those are not good numbers but I enjoyed watching it nonetheless.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

vCash
    I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the Bomb Girls last episode. That episode made a rather lame attempt to deal with the subject of racism. Lorna's daughter brings home a date who happens to be Indian but the only thing the guess notice is his religion. "He's a doctor! Who cares if he's from a different religion?!" Really?! But instead every episode talks about the tough lot of Italian Canadians. Disappointing.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the Bomb Girls last episode. That episode made a rather lame attempt to deal with the subject of racism. Lorna's daughter brings home a date who happens to be Indian but the only thing the guess notice is his religion. "He's a doctor! Who cares if he's from a different religion?!" Really?! But instead every episode talks about the tough lot of Italian Canadians. Disappointing.
    I agree, that was very badly done. And for Lorna, the biggest issue she had with Dr Patel wasn't even race or religion ... but the fact that he knew she'd had a miscarriage even tho he has no idea there was anything out of the "ordinary" about the pregnancy? Huh? That just didn't make sense at all. Bad writing. But then again, they've handled race rather poorly from the beginning in this show, other than Marco and the Italian issues. The fact that race is a complete non-issue for the workers at the factory is completely unbelievable for that time period. And no one has any snide or racist remarks to make about an Indian doctor at the hospital? I don't think so.

However, there were other good things aobut this episode. Especially Betty. She's definitely my favourite character now. I don't necessarly agree with everything she does, but she does it all with conviction.

I also liked how they evolved Gene in a single episode from "total testosterone ass-hat" to "guy using bravado to hide his true conflicted feelings about war." That was well done. And it was a good episode for Vera too.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Is anyone planning on watching The Americans on FX? I kept seeing the previews during American Horror Story and it looks quite interesting. I set it to record so I can see if I like it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is anyone planning on watching The Americans on FX? I kept seeing the previews during American Horror Story and it looks quite interesting. I set it to record so I can see if I like it.
    I for one am looking forward to it.

vCash
    Deception fails as a guilty pleasure because I feel no guilt for taking pleasure in this show. Love it, except for stoopid Will the supposed super duper FBI agent. Get rid of him. Everyone else is fabulous. I have no idea who killed Vivian.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Americans" preview. Starts Wednesday 10pm on FX:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeknzv-2fE

I'm interested.

"Do No Harm" preview. Starts Thursday 10pm on NBC:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wB_mMQRJtY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Those are not good numbers but I enjoyed watching it nonetheless.
    Unfortunately, it's no surprise that UFC would beat skating in the ratings.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Tuesday 1/29/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...l-rise/167318/

vCash
    The Americans was pretty good. I know almost nothing about the Cold War and/or early 80s Americana, so a lot of it went over my head. And I pretty much avoided any descriptions about the series--didn't know it was gonna be about a couple of KGB agents pretending to be Americans until 20 minutes into the show. I just read "Felicity is a Spy" in one of the posts here so I was gonna watch at least the Pilot out of loyalty. I'll keep watching for now, despite my penchant to avoid edgy tv shows on edgy tv networks starring edgy actors.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I liked The Americans. They set it up well to have a good run with the FBI guy moving in the neighborhood. There should be plenty of interesting missions and stuff to keep the action alive. I find it interesting that the female character is the hardcore bad-ass. Its good to see a strong female lead but I wonder how long they will let her play that part before she needs saving?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I liked The Americans. They set it up well to have a good run with the FBI guy moving in the neighborhood. There should be plenty of interesting missions and stuff to keep the action alive. I find it interesting that the female character is the hardcore bad-ass. Its good to see a strong female lead but I wonder how long they will let her play that part before she needs saving?
    It was very unrealistic to me that an FBI agent would have told anyone that he's an agent, particularly a brand new acquaintance.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I liked "The Americans". Great cast. Looking forward to next week.

The '80's background music. ("The Carrie Diaries" pilot did a lot of '80's background music as well.)

vCash
    Oh Shoozzzzz I forgot!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Showtime renews "Shameless" "House of Lies" and "Californication":
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...owtime/167246/

I like "Shameless", but I've never been able to sit through more than a few minutes of "House of Lies" and "Californication".

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Wednesday 1/30/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-slide/167448/

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    It was very unrealistic to me that an FBI agent would have told anyone that he's an agent, particularly a brand new acquaintance.
    I didn't see the show (don't get FX), but why is that unrealistic? Being an FBI agent isn't secret like CIA. I could see some FBI agents being somewhat circumspect about revealing their job in the same way that some municipal police officers are, just because people often get weird or squirrely about being around cops. But there's no reason at all why an FBI agent can't reveal what he does for a living if he wants to. It is part of the normal conversation when you meet someone, after all -- "So, what do you do for a living?"

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast