Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    When I was 19, I hated my grocery store job and refused to shop there. But I still worked and collected my measly paycheque. Yes, I didn't make a gazillion dollars but please tell me what the income limit is that prevents one from complaining about their job. $250,000?
    But did you picket in front of the store in your off time? or take to a highly visible forum where far more than your friends and family would hear your complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "Wonder Woman" deserves the big screen treatment. Especially if they start making "Justice League" movies.
    I have no faith in the ability of Hollywood to make a Wonder Woman film that would be anything but horrid. Even the series remake that was attempted a few seasons ago looked awful - and was thankfully not picked up. I'm skeptical, but if anyone could make the show right, it's probably the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ITA. I was finally watched The Avengers this weekend -- I enjoyed it thoroughly, but the female characters were pretty poorly developed. I wish TPTB would recognize that there's more to a female superhero than a super-tight lycra bodysuit.
    And that was made by Joss Whedon, who generally is good about making strong, 3-dimensional female characters!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I have no faith in the ability of Hollywood to make a Wonder Woman film that would be anything but horrid. Even the series remake that was attempted a few seasons ago looked awful - and was thankfully not picked up. I'm skeptical, but if anyone could make the show right, it's probably the CW.
    From Artemis ITA. I was finally watched The Avengers this weekend -- I enjoyed it thoroughly, but the female characters were pretty poorly developed. I wish TPTB would recognize that there's more to a female superhero than a super-tight lycra bodysuit.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And that was made by Joss Whedon, who generally is good about making strong, 3-dimensional female characters!
    At least the movie had female characters in it. Most of those movies only have them as an arm piece for the guys.

Whedon penned a script for a Wonder Woman movie a couple of years back, but the PTB DC/WB decided it wasn't what they wanted. Now he's all Marvel's. I'm surer they're kicking themselves.

vCash
    Only two network drama shows I've been watching this season are Person of Interest and Beauty and The Beast. Love them both! Survivor and the Amazing Race have also been enjoyed this season. Other than that....reading!

vCash
    Being watching Luther on Netflicks and I like this show but it has more in common with Criminal Minds rather than Columbo except for the lead character's manner of dress. There are some unique storylines (especially Alice!) but what I do not get is why the seasons are so short.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" mid-season finale ratings breaks records:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...cast-hits.html

According to AMC, the ratings momentum makes "Walking Dead" the "first cable series in television history" to rank as the #1 fall TV entertainment series in the key 18-49 demographic. That means "Walking" outdid all broadcast rivals in the demo including heavyweights like "The Voice," "Modern Family" and "The Big Bang Theory."

vCash
    I have no faith in the ability of Hollywood to make a Wonder Woman film that would be anything but horrid. Even the series remake that was attempted a few seasons ago looked awful - and was thankfully not picked up.
    You spoke for me; although I'd like to be proven wrong.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Americans" premieres January 30th on FX:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Monday 12/03/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...es-low/160199/

vCash
    I love Cold War spying stuff and am looking forward to the show. However I think basing the show in the 60s and 70s would have been better and I am not sure about Keri Russell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Being watching Luther on Netflicks and I like this show but it has more in common with Criminal Minds rather than Columbo except for the lead character's manner of dress. There are some unique storylines (especially Alice!) but what I do not get is why the seasons are so short.
    Very typical of British drama.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I just saw some teasers for a new A&E show called Bates Motel. It focuses on the killer and his relationship with his mother. I am really looking forward to it, I love anything with horror. It also comes from someone involved in Lost and Friday Night Lights. Lost was my favorite show ever and I have heard wonderful things about FNL. Starts in 2013 but not sure exactly when.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Tuesday 12/04/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-night/160391/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    ABC announces mid-season premiere dates for new and returning shows:
    Returning:"Body of Proof", "Dancing With The Stars"
    New: “Red Widow,” “Zero Hour,” “Family Tools,” “How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life),” “The Taste” and “Celebrity Diving”
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...g-more/160341/

SYFY Announces winter programming:
    New series:Ghost Mine, Robot Combat League, Stranded, Continuum
    Returning series:Being Human, Face Off, Total Blackout, Ghost Hunters, Lost Girl, Haunted Collector, Merlin

"Cult" premieres February 19/2013 on The CW:

vCash
    Just caught up with my episodes of Raising Hope and love it just as much as I did when the show first started.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    CBS mid-season premiere dates:
    New: "Golden Boy"
    Returning: Rules of Engagement, The Amazing Race, Survivor
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...g-race/160626/

GOLDEN BOY is about the meteoric rise of an ambitious cop (Theo James) who becomes the youngest police commissioner in the history of New York City. The series explores the high personal and professional cost he pays to achieve it as he is mentored by his partner, an experienced veteran detective (Chi McBride).

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Wednesday 12/05/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...w-down/160552/
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 12-07-2012 at 04:31 PM.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    SYFY Announces winter programming:
    New series:Ghost Mine, Robot Combat League, Stranded, Continuum
    Returning series:Being Human, Face Off, Total Blackout, Ghost Hunters, Lost Girl, Haunted Collector, Merlin
    I loved Continuum, my fave new show. Time travel plus police procedural (it works), Vancouver set as Vancouver. I'm pleased to see that it will air in other countries. They packed a lot into season one, at 10 episodes long (I'm looking at you, Revolution).

vCash
    [QUOTE=AliasJohnDoe;3761973]ABC announces mid-season premiere dates for new and returning shows:

New: “Red Widow,” QUOTE]

Red Widow is a remake of a popular Dutch TV show Penoza... glad Dutch TV-makers start getting recognition for their work alongside with the Danish ones (The Killing, etc.)

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    I loved Continuum, my fave new show. Time travel plus police procedural (it works), Vancouver set as Vancouver. I'm pleased to see that it will air in other countries. They packed a lot into season one, at 10 episodes long (I'm looking at you, Revolution).
    I loved it too! Will there be a second season?

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV Ratings for Thursday 12/06/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...on-low/160671/

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast