Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Well I'm loving Nashville, definitely my new favourite show, even - gulp - edging out Revenge. Love all the characters, and don't mind the pile up of SLs this early because it just makes it more interesting, and offers different stories depending on which characters and plots interest you most.

No problem with the shoplifting story. We've already seen Juliette don her hat and go out on her own without her entourage - given the mother and apparent lack of other family, she's likely felt like she's been on her own for a good part of her young life, and might find all the attention from fans and everyone fawning over her suffocating at times, and thus the need to escape it from time to time and be anonymous and alone. Too bad she's about to find out she can't do that anymore. As for the shoplifting - classic cry for help, makes perfect sense with this character.

Also seeing the classic All About Eve continuum developing down the road, only Scarlett's version of Phoebe is far more threatening because she's the real deal.

And I LOVE the music!!

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I like the characters seem like adults.

In other news, Happy Endings makes me happy.
    These two statement do not make sense together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I was also confused why it took Hayden's mom so long to track her daughter down. It's not like Hayden is Sydney Bristow.
    It hasn't. She's been hanging around since the first episode, trying various ways to get to Juliette. I think this was just the first time she actually made it as far as the gate.

I agree, though, that having her move in seems a bit much, especially this early in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Just the fact of Juliette shopping in a store by herself - before we even got there I was wondering if Nashville was so rife with country stars that even the biggest crossover singer in the nation could stroll down the aisles without getting mobbed.....oh. [/unwieldy plot device]

It kind of is, from what I hear. You'll hear people casually remark, "Oh, I saw Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman in line at Starbucks yesterday . . ." like it's interesting but not a huge deal. (In fact, those two have said that one of the things they like about the place is that they can live their life and NOT get mobbed.) A lot of times people will snap a picture and put it online, but generally they don't get overrun with shrieking fans.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV Ratings for Wednesday 10/24/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...series/154658/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Vegas" and "Elementary" get full season orders by CBS:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...om-cbs/154441/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "Vegas" and "Elementary" get full season orders by CBS:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...om-cbs/154441/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Well I'm loving Nashville, definitely my new favourite show, even - gulp - edging out Revenge. Love all the characters, and don't mind the pile up of SLs this early because it just makes it more interesting, and offers different stories depending on which characters and plots interest you most.........And I LOVE the music!!
    I love this show too. I hate country music. I love the songs they've sung at the end of each show. They are nothing like the stuff I accidentally hear on country music stations. Maybe because they've all been duets? They sound more like blues to me, and the singers don't really have a country twang?

My favorite is still Revenge. Although they should change the name to "Emanda's so selfish she doesn't care who gets hurt and/or killed." Geez.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV Ratings for Thursday 10/25/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-lows/154826/

vCash
    Person of Interest!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I keep forgetting to watch Beauty & the Beast.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Your subconscience is trying to tell you something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    I love this show too. I hate country music. I love the songs they've sung at the end of each show. They are nothing like the stuff I accidentally hear on country music stations. Maybe because they've all been duets? They sound more like blues to me, and the singers don't really have a country twang?
    Country music really is more diverse than you might expect (especially if your local station is one of those that only plays the top 20 hits at any given time!), and I like how the show captures that.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So am I the only one who quit Nashville, but has kept with Beauty and the Beast?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV Ratings for Friday 10/26/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...shabby/154934/

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Hehe, POI fans got all excited about them beating GA in the demo this week but after the adjustments, GA ended up winning the demo after all, LMAO

Once Upon a Time is slowly becoming ABC's #1 drama this year and I LOVE THAT NEWS SO MUCH. ABC has some really great shows going on this year IMO and I hope most of them survive somehow. I know Private Practice will be ending this year (*SOB* ) but the show itself has been REALLY good so if they're going out, they're going out with a bang and I'm enjoying that right now. Nashville is getting better and better. 666 Park Avenue is actually improving week to week. Once Upon a Time & Revenge are SOOOOO much fun to have back to back on Sunday nights now (mind frack aside, LOL) and Grey's Anatomy and Scandal have both been VERY good overall. The two comedies on Tuesday night (Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B....) were really funny this week. I'm a pretty happy ABC fan right now (as long as some of the ratings stay strong and/or improve soon, LOL).
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The Scandal people are optimistic that they will get an order for more shows. I hope so. I want my niece to keep working. As for the plot on Scandal; it is starting to remind me of something out of Taylor Caldwell's, Captain and Kings or some other conspiracy theory novel.

Just found out tonight that my niece gets an on screen credit. Very cool.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 10-28-2012 at 04:43 AM.

vCash
    I have been reading that Arrow is actually a knockoff of the Dark Knight. I do not mind at all and if so there is hopes that Laurel will either stay with Tommy or die. LOL Cause I can't stand the girl and I want the hero to be with Dig's sister-in-law.

vCash
    Did anyone watch Mockingbird Lane? And was it any good.

vCash
    Finally watched last week's episode of 666 Park Avenue. This show is really improving. Seems to be the minority opinion, but I like the lead married couple. Their basic decency is rare on television these days. I am really interested in the story of the Grandmother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Hehe, POI fans got all excited about them beating GA in the demo this week but after the adjustments, GA ended up winning the demo after all, LMAO

Once Upon a Time is slowly becoming ABC's #1 drama this year and I LOVE THAT NEWS SO MUCH. ABC has some really great shows going on this year IMO and I hope most of them survive somehow. I know Private Practice will be ending this year (*SOB* ) but the show itself has been REALLY good so if they're going out, they're going out with a bang and I'm enjoying that right now. Nashville is getting better and better. 666 Park Avenue is actually improving week to week. Once Upon a Time & Revenge are SOOOOO much fun to have back to back on Sunday nights now (mind frack aside, LOL) and Grey's Anatomy and Scandal have both been VERY good overall. The two comedies on Tuesday night (Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B....) were really funny this week. I'm a pretty happy ABC fan right now (as long as some of the ratings stay strong and/or improve soon, LOL).

Awwww... Well at least POI was on top for a little while. Bummer about OUAT doing so well. I never could wam up to that show. LOL

AMC is having a fear fest on all weekend with lots of early Steven King.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Hey, I'm just happy that PoI is doing fine in the ratings and I have something great to watch on Thursdays that's not an over-the-top, stale old soap.

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast