Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash

RE: Beauty and the Beast

Me three. I loved the original and Ron Pearlman the best! Plus he was always in the beast character. This guy changes and is rarely in beast mode, so the show just feels like a copy of a couple existing shows. The new B&B feels...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I quite liked Beauty and the Beast. The original was a favourite, although I gave up on it after a couple of years. With the new version, I wasn't expecting to like Kristin Kreuk for some reason (I know very little about her other than she was on Smallville - which I did not follow). But I liked her, and the male lead as well, although no matter what he does, he will never be Ron Perlman. But nobody could fill Mr. P.'s shoes, IMHO! The highlight of this re-boot is that finally there's some genuine romance on TV!!! There were a couple of deliciously slow, tentative, tender moments between the two leads that were wonderful. Can't wait for more moments like these!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    The Hamilton/Perlman "Beauty and the Beast" was unique.
    I agree that no one will match him in the role.

I adore the Cocteau movie, also.

vCash
    I had no interest in Nashville, but to my surprise I liked it. I checked it out for Chip Esten, of Whose Line fame. Thank you Colin Mochrie for tweeting about it, never would have tuned in otherwise.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Finally watched Arrow. Loved it!!! Great story-telling, lots of twists and turns and so much story to tell still. Likeable characters...or interesting if not likeable. Loved the parkour/Ninja Warrior aspects, which made it exciting. And Stephen Amell (as the title character) makes for very pleasurable viewing.

Nashville was well done, but I don't like anyone on the show. Overall, the theme of the show is a real downer. Lots of hurt and/or lousy people doing hurtful, negative things to one another. Plus they didn't even bother to showcase all the great eye candy in any way. Makes me think a heterosexual male was the director. I won't be watching episode two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Nashville was well done, but I don't like anyone on the show. Overall, the theme of the show is a real downer. Lots of hurt and/or lousy people doing hurtful, negative things to one another.
    See, I'm seeing that as a plus. TV has a way of making me love characters and then putting them through the wringer and breaking my heart. I'm thinking that a little detachment, so I don't even care if they get hurt or do colossally stupid things, may be just what the doctor ordered.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Finally watched Arrow. Loved it!!! Great story-telling, lots of twists and turns and so much story to tell still. Likeable characters...or interesting if not likeable. Loved the parkour/Ninja Warrior aspects, which made it exciting. And Stephen Amell (as the title character) makes for very pleasurable viewing.
    I didn't love like you do. Since it's on on Friday (and I don't like much else on Friday) I may watch for a while.

vCash
    There is a walking dead marathon on today. Does that mean the new season starts soon?

vCash
    There are articles about The Walking Dead S3 all over the entertainment blogs, so probably.

I liked Nashville, too. I didn't know what to expect and was hesitant since I strongly dislike whatsherface (Juliette/The Cheerleader), but it turns out that's okay since she's not a likeable character. It's like how I only like Kira Knightly when she's playing a unlikeable character.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There is a walking dead marathon on today. Does that mean the new season starts soon?
    You betcha! Come join us in the FSU Walking Dead thread.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    could anyone make out anything from sasha's suicide note on 666 park ave?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Something about her father being evil.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Something about how she couldn't take it anymore and one part that we could see clearly was "He's evil" but the rest went by too fast. I'm still watching this show but I'm honestly still not sure how I feel about it.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    666 Park Avenue...it feels like it's trying to be a couple of different shows all at once. there are some truly creepy scenes but we have to endure dopey subplots like the philandering husband (who looks way too much like Justin Timberlake in The Social Network) who simply cannot resist the wiles of the comely blonde across the street and his oblivious wife.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I am still enjoying 666 Park Avenue, although I don't love it. I wonder if watching three shows with twisting mythologies in one night is just too much. Contrast that with my Monday schedule, which is 90210, Gossip Girl and Revolutions.

I don't know any of these characters' names yet. The suicide note makes me wonder if Vanessa Williams is trying to ruin John Locke. While Locke tries to raise Sally Field's son as his protege, Wilhelmina Slater is going to get Charlie's Angel on her side. That'll be a very interesting battle.

The tenant of the week plotlines bore me. I hate procedurals. Get rid of them.

vCash
    666 Park Avenue is beginning to feel a lot like Rosemary's baby. Creepy. Will I keep it ?

Nashville is a good surprise considering I don't care for country music
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant wait until this emily owens pilot airs. the commercials are on my last nerve. specifically, i cant stand how this streep spawn delivers her lines. when she says in a super cloying voice that she is bad with names, i have a strong desire to punch her.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    i cant wait until this emily owens pilot airs. the commercials are on my last nerve. specifically, i cant stand how this streep spawn delivers her lines. when she says in a super cloying voice that she is bad with names, i have a strong desire to punch her.
    Probably just one snippet that sounds annoying edited into it's only little bit. Gummer was amazing on The Good Wife, so I can't wait to see more of her.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    there's also the commercial where she gets into and loses a fight to a tween. she doesnt come across any better in that snippet.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Honestly, my little pony. I'm sorrow that Zinnemann chose Streep for "Julia" instead of you. Get over it already!!

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast