Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Five-O has gone through too many changes/storylines....and yet it's still fun to watch. Now on our third female cast member (beside Kono), Danny's ex- wife and daughter part of the cast, now not.

But the producers are making a lot of use of the great scenery of Hawaii, and the core cast really does well together. So despite all the missteps, the show works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    watched the premiere of Elementary tonight - it's a high brow version of The Mentalist!

Seriously, though, some of Holmes' pronouncements were a bit too fast and too pat, but lurve the interplay between him and Holmes. Lucy Liu is great in this! And nice to see Aidan Quinn landed another good cop role after last season's super fantastic and sorely missed Prime Suspect.

it's weird hearing Eli Stone/the First Mr Angelina Jolie speak with his real accent though
    I taped it, but wasn't sure I'd bother watching it. I think I will, now. I hope I like it as much as you did! I like Aidan Quinn.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Five-O has gone through too many changes/storylines....and yet it's still fun to watch. Now on our third female cast member (beside Kono), Danny's ex- wife and daughter part of the cast, now not.

But the producers are making a lot of use of the great scenery of Hawaii, and the core cast really does well together. So despite all the missteps, the show works.
    It's probably difficult/expensive to have actors commit to basing themselves in Hawaii for long periods.

I enjoy the show for what it is.
    I also love the interplay between the characters.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    No idea why what's happening on Last Resort is happening, but it is intense and waaaaaaay better than Revolution. I hope the writers have excellent scripts to come because this is the most watchable new show I've seen so far.
    For those that missed it (including me), it's re-airing tonight. Check local listings. The premise didn't interest me, but based on the good feedback I'm going to check it out.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Enjoyed Last Resort very much. From the promos I though it was going to be all in the sub, and couldn't figure out how that would work for multiple episodes. But the "Resort" being the island ... plus all the scenes in Washington ... yes! Great acting, great concept, and a great look. I'm on board!

The only things I didn't like were the obligatory black-underwear scene with the Washington military chick, and Dichen Lachman's "meaningful glances" scenes. I'm sure both will develop though, and there was after all a lot of content to deliver in the first episode.

Recorded but haven't watched Elementary yet, will check it out tonight probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It's probably difficult/expensive to have actors commit to basing themselves in Hawaii for long periods.

I enjoy the show for what it is.
    I also love the interplay between the characters.
    I'm pretty sure the CBS PTB got their mitts on the show and tinkered with it too much. And despite that, the show survives and thrives.

vCash
    I'm sorry - Last Resort's ratings were so bad that I fear the show may be cancelled very, very quickly.

Mob Doctor also looks like it's going to go.

Elementary's ratings were quite strong, so that one may be a keeper.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I'm sorry - Last Resort's ratings were so bad that I fear the show may be cancelled very, very quickly.
    La la la I can't hear you ....

What made them put it at 8:00 though? This is definitely a 9:00 or 10:00 show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Saw Person of Interest - good start. Michael Emerson is just amazing. I did love when John when telling the neo nazis that he is looking for his 1 friend and Lionel gives him a look, and he corrects it to 2.
    Such a great ep! I about died laughing when John did his "ALL YOUR DOG ARE BELONG TO US" act.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Not surprising. The premise sounded soooo ridiculous that I didn't bother with the premiere. I had second thoughts after reading the reviews here, and hearing that it would be repeated tonight. But, if I happen to be lucky enough to be plopped in front of the TV at 9pm tonight (ha, not going to happen!), I'll be watching the season premiere of Fringe instead.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    That's why I missed it. It never occurred to me that it would be on at 8:00pm.

vCash
    Fringe and Grimm tonight.

I usually watch Grimm, and then catch Fringe later. That way I can start Fringe over as soon as I'm finished, so I can pick up all the stuff I missed the first time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the CBS PTB got their mitts on the show and tinkered with it too much. And despite that, the show survives and thrives.
    Thank heavens for Messrs. O'Loughlin, Cann, and Kim!

vCash
    GRIMM!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    La la la I can't hear you ....

I wouldn't doubt that's part of the problem. That's kind of family hour, and doesn't that put them up against Big Bang Theory and etc?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I wouldn't doubt that's part of the problem. That's kind of family hour, and doesn't that put them up against Big Bang Theory and etc?
    I haven't considered the 8 PM hour a family hour for a long time. Have you seen some of the stuff that airs there now?!

I do think ABC was trying a counter programming thing by putting Last Resort at that time. It's not at all like any of the other shows that air at the same time and they thought there was an audience there to be had if they put a quality show there. The ratings were not the best but they weren't all that bad considering the competition and not having any type of lead in. I think I read that their rating was slightly higher than the other shows that debuted there in the past few years so maybe ABC will be happy with that? I have no idea but I really want Last Resort to stick around for a while and it does seem to have some critic support too so maybe that will help.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I watched Last Resort tonight and I liked it a lot. If it continues to be this good Ill be watching it every week. Hopefully the ratings will get better so it stays around for awhile.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Caught up with the pilot of Elementary. Liked it a lot! I read somewhere that they don't intend to make Watson and Holmes a love interest. Thank god. They have great chemistry, but I prefer that it remains an unspoken friendship developed over time by two wounded souls.

vCash
    I guess I'll be the naysayer on Last Resort. Despite my original concerns about the show stated earlier in this thread, I decided to give it a try, because hey, it's a submarine show and I gotta watch those. But IMO, my original concerns were validated. The plot was confused and a bit ridiculous. And the acting was by a large terrible. Setting aside the storylines that ludicrous (there is no destruct button on a ballistic missle for example) It just seemed forced and contrived. I'll be amazed if it's still around by Thanksgiving.

vCash
    Watched Vegas and liked it. The opening airport scene had me rolling my eyes but overall I liked the show.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast