Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Revolution debuts tomorrow (Monday the 17th) at 10pm on NBC (and CityTV in Canada). Here's a youtube clip of

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNlS51QYmQ
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ I can't wait!! I so hope this show does not disappoint!

vCash
    I will check it out but I do not expect much and doubt very much this thing will last more than a season.

vCash
    Revolution is just my new show. I am dying to see the second episode since the first one can be found everywhere

I hope it won't get canceled and that they'll give time for the story to developp without going nuts in the conspiration theories !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I feel like such a nerd - I got the new tv guide this week with the previews of all the new shows and programmed my tivo for all the ones I want to try. I'd feel even more pathetic if I weren't so eager for the new shows.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Do you think they'll order Alcatraz back ? I want it back
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Did anyone watch part 1 of Coma last night? I don't usually hold out a lot of hope for A&E mini-series, but I did record it last night and will try to catch up before part 2 airs.

I have only a very vague recollection of the book ...
    I watched the Coma miniseries this weekend. zOMG it was SO terrible! Not even so-bad-it's-good, just bad. the writing, the direction, the props budget - they must have blown their budget on landing Ellen Burstyn (who was the only good thing about the series - and she was GREAT), Geena Davis, James Woods and Richard Dreyfuss, because everything else about the production was cheap.

Geena Davis is now married to a plastic surgeon, and I'm sorry to see he's been experimenting on her. A lot.

I already saw the pilot for Revolution - wish tonight had the 2nd ep already. Maybe I'll watch it again though. I really like it - in the same way I really liked The Event and FlashForward, so my best hope is that they let the show finish the season when they cancel it next month
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I feel like such a nerd - I got the new tv guide this week with the previews of all the new shows and programmed my tivo for all the ones I want to try. I'd feel even more pathetic if I weren't so eager for the new shows.
    You're not alone. I do the same thing every year! I love this time of year when you can sample a bunch of new shows and fervently hope that a few will hook me!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I watched the Coma miniseries this weekend. zOMG it was SO terrible! Not even so-bad-it's-good, just bad. the writing, the direction, the props budget - they must have blown their budget on landing Ellen Burstyn (who was the only good thing about the series - and she was GREAT), Geena Davis, James Woods and Richard Dreyfuss, because everything else about the production was cheap.
    Yeah, I read similar reviews on imdb. So I didn't feel the least bit disappointed when I missed recording the 2nd part (I had assumed it would air a week later, but apparently it was the next day). That's 4 hours of my life I didn't waste! But I feel for those who did ... ((genevieve))

Like I say, I didn't have very high hopes anyway. When was the last time A&E had any decent "original" programming?

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    My favourite must-see-TV show comes back tomorrow night: The Rick Mercer Report.

And as a preview, he (Rick) was on Peter Mansbridge One-on-One yesterday, and will be the inagural guest on Strombo's new 7:00 half-hour show tonight. You can't have too much Mercer IMO.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    OK, I'm intrigued by Revolution and will definitely be watching again next week although there wasn't enough Elizabeth Mitchell in it for this fangirl, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    OK, I'm intrigued by Revolution and will definitely be watching again next week although there wasn't enough Elizabeth Mitchell in it for this fangirl, LOL
    Is her role recurrent, i.e., is mom not really dead?
    Creating drama!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Is her role recurrent, i.e., is mom not really dead?
    They keep saying that she's only going to appear in the flashbacks but they actually recast this role because they were able to get her for it and said that things changed once they did that so I have NO idea if the mother is really dead or not. Wouldn't surprise me if she's out there somewhere and a key to the whole mystery. Why do you hire Elizabeth Mitchell for a role if there's not something awesome about it?!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Wiki described her character as "Is said to have died in the fifteen years........."

I wondered then if she was still alive somewhere.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    you can never have too much Elizabeth Mitchell

I feel bad for the original actress though. "thanks for playing, but we got the actress we actually wanted now kthxbai"
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The only thing that kept me going on Terra Nova was cheering the dinosaurs on to devour each and every one of the vastly stupid homo sapiens. Oh, Revolution, how I wish they could be transported to your domain. It is one freckle-faced urchin short of being unwatchable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    The only thing that kept me going on Terra Nova was cheering the dinosaurs on to devour each and every one of the vastly stupid homo sapiens. Oh, Revolution, how I wish they could be transported to your domain. It is one freckle-faced urchin short of being unwatchable.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    I have to admit that at one point I thought, "PLEASE don't let this be one of those 'stupid people doing stupid things' shows". Surely after 15 years, the herd would be weeded out of most of the stupid? But there are a few characters that give me hope. Plus the two young males are so extraordinarily handsome that they will keep me around for at least a couple of extra episodes (than other shows might).

By the way, what does everyone think about the show being centred around Chicago? All these people have remained in this spot because of it's mild winters where one simply needs to throw an extra log on the fire to ward off that slight chill in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    you can never have too much Elizabeth Mitchell
    I love how everybody loves her. I'm hoping hubby gave her all the info she needed as a safeguard, then they faked her death. She will end up being the leader/saviour of the world. All hail Queen Elizabeth!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

By the way, what does everyone think about the show being centred around Chicago? All these people have remained in this spot because of it's mild winters where one simply needs to throw an extra log on the fire to ward off that slight chill in the air?
    Chicago seems to be popular with tv writers right now - Mike & Molly and Happy Endings are also in Chicago.

But lol about the winters. I can see Minnesota (where one assumes the village might have been, since they passed through O'Hare before getting downtown) perhaps for the fishing and foraging.

My beef, other than some of the bland casting and not great acting, was that everyone had to have a million torches and candles on. Unless they're all saving fat to make candles but the bulk, and have found a magic kerosene source, you'd think they'd conserve a little, no?

vCash
    My biggest problem with Revolution was the actress playing Charlie. Girl can NOT act. Plus giving her perfect hair and clothes doesn't make any sense. Can't they put her hair in a ponytail to make it half way plausible. Or give her some split ends!?!

And I totally think they left it open for the Mom to be alive and the key to getting the power back on.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast