Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

2012 Fall TV Season - new and returning show

I know, I'm not AliasJohnDoe , who I'm sure will come and launch this thread properly ... I just wanted to get it started because I spotted that two new "fall" comedies are piloting tonight. I'm particularly interested in Go On, because I figure that one of these days Matthew Perry has to have some good luck with a series!

That's followed by Animal Practice, which could be hilarious or could be really stupid.

Go On is on NBC (and Global in Canada) at 10:00, Animal Practice at 10:30. (The NBC site actually has the Go On pilot listed for Sept 11, so tonight is probably a sneak peak.)

In terms of returning shows, circle Sept 30 on your calendar: that's when Revenge, Once Upon a Time, and The Good Wife all come back. (Though, again, why on earth did they have to move Revenge to Sundays? There's already a ton of good stuff on that night!)

vCash
    I just discovered that Grimm returned last week - I almost missed it! Luckily my PVR got it.
    just my two cents...

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    SyFy is commissioning two pilots, one from Bryan Fuller and one from M Night Shyamalan. The one from Fuller, called High Moon, looks more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by press release about High Moon by Fuller
    Syfy is greenlighting Reunion Pictures’ new series pilot High Moon, an adaptation of John Christopher’s best-selling novel The Lotus Caves...

High Moon creates a future where the countries of Earth have established colonies to mine the Moon’s resources. When a new life form is discovered, chaos erupts as various factions race to uncover and exploit its powerful secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by press release about Proof by Shyamalan
    In Proof, after the tragic accident and sudden death of his parents, the son of a billionaire tech genius offers a large reward for anyone who can find proof of life after death.
    http://scifistorm.org/2012/08/02/syf...ght-shyamalan/
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    That's followed by Animal Practice, which could be hilarious or could be really stupid.
    I watched about 10 minutes of the preview episode and turned it off. Ugh!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I watched the preview of "Go On" during the Olympics, and while it could probably get old after a while, I was amused enough to watch the whole thing.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the season premiere of NCIS, what with the cliffhager. Now, it helps to know

Spoiler

but I'm still on tenterhooks.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Where are the polls?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    You know--normally you see a lot of previews during the summer but I must have missed them. The one show I'm not thrilled about---Elementary---is the one that I see regularly. CBS must be banking on that one.

vCash
    Go On wasn't bad. A bit clumsy and rushed to introduce everything, but the ending was a good pay-off. (Though I'm thinking I'm being more charitable toward it because I like Matt Perry so much.)

I gave Animal Practice about 5 minutes before turning it off. I did record the whole thing though so I might go back to it to see if there's anything worthwhile there.

But I'm very excited about a "new" (to me) series coming to Knowledge Network in BC: Miss Fisher Mysteries. I've read a few of Kerry Greenwood's novels and thought they would make a good TV series. If for no other reason than I love drooling over the 20s fashions and decor.

vCash
    Flashpoint is being moved to fall... and it is going into its last season. This is by far the show I am most anticipating.

vCash
    Grimm is finally available on OnDemand and I'm watching it right now.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I'm looking forward to Chicago Fire. I love cop/fire dramas and have been so disappointed in every new one I've watched since my favorite Third Watch (Best.Show.Ever) was canceled. Please please please let Chicago Fire be a good show!!

And can't wait for the return of Scandal.

vCash
    I want to see Revvolution because I am a huge sci-fi fan but have to admit that the trailer does nothing for me. Plus they allot canceled after a few episodes anyway so why bother.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ That's funny. I actually want to watch Revolution because of the trailer. When I read about it, it didn't interest me, but then I saw the trailer and got excited about it. I'm interested to see how/why the lights go out and never come back on. I'm hoping the story won't get too crazy that its loses it initial plot.

vCash
    New season 2 photos from Person of Interest here and here.

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
    Flashpoint is being moved to fall... and it is going into its last season. This is by far the show I am most anticipating.
    I had no idea this was a Canadian show (or set in Canada!). I remember when it was introduced as a CBS summer series, and I liked it well enough, but it wasn't brought back...but then it seemed there would be new episodes to fill in whenever there was a break or a cancellation, so I knew it had continued but it was so random

I remember Enrico Colantoni from back in the Just Shoot Me days, but he'll always be Keith Mars to me

I saw the premiere ep of Go On during the Olys...it was ok, but I wouldn't bother watching it again.

I just got caught up on the first 2 eps of Grimm I don't entirely trust Nick's mother...was wishing he hadn't showed her the trailer and given her the coins, but I guess she's on the up and up. Don't like the growing distance between Nick and Hank, wish Juliette hadn't woken up, and love that Rosalee is now a regular character!

Renard's reaction to the potion I'm not convinced that my response to intense pain or whatever would be to thrash myself over to every single table, bureau, cabinet, whatever and to sweep all the contents to the floor, but hey, I'm not a barely human member of the "royal family"

The one new show I'm excited about is Revolution, but like Buzz, I have to assume it'll get cancelled right away so I shouldn't get too attached.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I had no idea this was a Canadian show (or set in Canada!). I remember when it was introduced as a CBS summer series, and I liked it well enough, but it wasn't brought back...but then it seemed there would be new episodes to fill in whenever there was a break or a cancellation, so I knew it had continued but it was so random
    This will be the fifth season and I LOVE it. They want to go out on top instead of in a rating slump. Filmed and based in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
    Flashpoint ... filmed and based in Toronto.
    Can't say I'm much of a fan of the show, but it is certainly refreshing to have Toronto be Toronto instead of New York or Chicago or Boston ...

It was one of the reasons I liked Endgame too: Vancouver as Vancouver instead of Seattle or San Fran (or Storybrooke ). Now if that show could get a revival (as rumoured earlier this year) I'd be a happy puppy.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    The new shows I'm most looking forward to are Revolution (I was going to watch anyway but then they went and added Elizabeth Mitchell to the cast so it went way up my list after that ), Nashville (Connie Britton and Jonathan Jackson?! Yes please! ), Chicago Fire (Jesse Spencer shirtless a lot please... ), Last Resort (Andre Braugher! Scott Speedman!), and 666 Park Avenue (Terry O'Quinn!). Hoping they're all as promising as the trailers looked earlier this summer.

Once Upon a Time and Revenge both need to come back quickly because I am BEYOND antsy to get back onto both of those worlds!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post

Once Upon a Time and Revenge both need to come back quickly because I am BEYOND antsy to get back onto both of those worlds!
    Can't say that I am a fan of either show.

vCash
    Copper will be on Showcase on Sunday at 9pm and repeated several times afterwards.
    http://www.showcase.ca/ontv/episoded...itle_Id=278563

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast