Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

@USFigureSkating tweeted today:
    "We'll be bringing you loads of tweets/photos/info from #ChampsCamp beginning tomorrow. Safe travels to all the Team USA athletes!"

MEN: Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, Ross Miner, Douglas Razzano*, Richard Dornbush, Johnny Weir, Evan Lysacek

LADIES: Ashley Wagner, Alissa Czisny, Agnes Zawadzki, Caroline Zhang, Christina Gao, Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu, Gracie Gold*

PAIRS: Caydee Denney/John Coughlin, Gretchen Donlan*/Andrew Speroff*, Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir, Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin, Lindsay Davis*/Mark Ladwig, Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan

DANCE: Meryl Davis/Charlie White, Maia & Alex Shibutani, Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt, Madison Chock/Evan Bates, Anastasia Cannuscio*/Colin McManus*

* = first-time attendees
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-20-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    How about program videos for once... ugh...

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    How about program videos for once... ugh...
    You know that will never happen.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Is Alissa back on the ice already?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Is Alissa back on the ice already?
    Not according to the recent article posted in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84603

I just listed all the GP skaters/teams above -- perhaps there will be an official press release about the attendees by tomorrow.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ahhh ok. I was just wondering what Alissa would be doing there if she can't skate and doesn't have any programs to show.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    There are also off-ice activities: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    You know that will never happen.
    I expect this to change (maybe even this year!) with twitter/instagram/facebook and the like being popular with the new generation of skaters.

I hope we get another funny vid from the Shibs.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48365&type=media

ETA: From the skaters' tweets, it sounds like Davis & White, the Shibutanis, Abbott and Wagner arrived last night and most everyone else outside of CO is travelling this morning.

Link to USFS' twitter feed: https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-21-2012 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There are also off-ice activities: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428
    Including such off-ice "team building" activities as fencing and dressing up as 1980s TV show characters. . . . (always hated those work-related "team building" activities)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    I expect this to change (maybe even this year!) with twitter/instagram/facebook and the like being popular with the new generation of skaters.

I hope we get another funny vid from the Shibs.
    I don't think the USFS (or the skaters) necessarily want the programs "out there" for view just yet. Part of the reason for the camp is to get feedback on the technical elements from judges and callers while still giving the skaters and their coaches time to refine the programs
    before the senior GP season and senior B comps begin.

I agree it would be interesting (for example, I'd love to have seen what the USFS so disliked last season about Davis/White's "La Strada" program), but I just don't envision it happening.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Some tweeted photos from the national champions' Western-themed photo shoot today:

All 6 dressed up in their Western outfits
    Riding the stagecoach
    3 Cowboys
    Ashley Wagner

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Group shot.

Seems to be everyone except Rachael, who said she was flying in late, and Evan. No idea where he's at

vCash
    [QUOTE=peibeck;3664096]I don't think the USFS (or the skaters) necessarily want the programs "out there" for view just yet. Part of the reason for the camp is to get feedback on the technical elements from judges and callers while still giving the skaters and their coaches time to refine the programs
    before the senior GP season and senior B comps begin.

Ummm most of the programs have been out there already with summer competitions...it is a performance based sport if you are skating and no one is clapping that is so weird plus they could do so much good by having schools, and different non-profit organizations coming to clap and enjoy the moment ...just seems like a lost opportunity...They could still getting a critique afterward...just seems so much better than dead silence....and smarter too.It doesn't make much sense...but who knows.

I would think it would add more pressure to the skaters as well...

Blergh
    vCash
    On USFS's Facebook page, it looks like Michelle Kwan is the keynote speaker for Champs Camp.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Group shot.

Seems to be everyone except Rachael, who said she was flying in late, and Evan. No idea where he's at
    And Johnny's conforming as usual, lol.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Including such off-ice "team building" activities as fencing and dressing up as 1980s TV show characters. . . . (always hated those work-related "team building" activities)

Agreed- always seemed like something out of Michael Scott's head in an episode of "The Office"- but less fun when you're actually taking part!

Blergh
    vCash
    And when you don't have an actual camera to look at to give sideways glances.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    On USFS's Facebook page, it looks like Michelle Kwan is the keynote speaker for Champs Camp.
    Hmmm... I wonder when she will be at the airport (sudden switch to giggly stalker-ish fan mode )

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast