Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Why did she say, "cookies would be nice."? What?
    When you are young, put on the spot, and trying not to say something that will make anyone else mad and might even make them laugh, you often come up with something stupid. The same thing happens when you are older and running for political office.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I kind of remember reading that they were also provided with condoms. For those late night "slap and tickle" sessions among the palm fronds when you haven't showered in 2 weeks.
    Apparently they stopped giving them condoms, because Erik the ice cream scooper from Hell said that he had found a way to start a fire with a condom and was crushed when there weren't any in the supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I wondered if that was her way of saying "I'm not getting into it." It seems the tribe had already decided to vote out Roxy, and therefore didn't want to respond to all her ranting.
    Yeah, she was clearly looking for something to say that wouldn't involve talking about anyone else. It may have made her look stupid, but she didn't make a pointless attack on Roxy or offend anyone else.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Glad Lisa is still on. I'm surprised she isn't acing the social aspect either (even if, after all these years, I still don't quite get it myself ). Just from my perception she seems like she would be one of those outgoing, bubbly type people. Even if she hasn't really acted since she was a teenager, she does have trained experience at knowing how to act. She should try to like create a 'part' for myself to play and use those acting skills to play the part, you know?

I'm not surprised that the younger people don't recognize her because they probably are to young to know anything about Facts of Life. It went off the air in like 1989, right? It doesn't run in perpetual repeats like Seinfeld and Friends does (no matter when I turn on my TV, those shows are on), so I can see anyone under 25-30 not knowing her, especially if they never watched the show when they were under 10 years old.

Works the same way in that I would have no freaking clue who the baseball player was if I was there. If you aren't a big baseball fan, you'd have no clue who he was. Same if you never watched Facts of Life, you'd have no clue who Lisa was.

And I almost think that the first time the Yellow team loses, they should vote of Michael simply for his own safety! He seems to be a little, uhm ... accident prone.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I was going through the channel guide last night, and there was Facts of Life. So I watched an episode. It was one of the later ones, after they were out of the school, and someone would definitely be able to recognize her now -- at least to the "you look familiar point" -- if they saw one of those episodes.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm so annoyed at the purple team! Basically, they're all a bunch of dumbasses except for Denise. The rest of them keep vying for Most Idiotest. They are collectively stupiter than a died rock! I won't miss Roxy's eye rolling or the way she completely blew having the upper hand, but I really wish Angie had been voted off. She's every bit as useless as Roxy was, and I think this little episode will drive her and Malcolm closer, which could cause problems for Denise before she gets a chance to align with other players who aren't complete morons.

And I just want to clock Malcolm upside the head. "I came into this game determined not to hook up. But I am powerless against a tiny blonde who strokes my.......ego. How'd that happen? Herp derp de derp..." Dumbass (that's from me, not Roxy )

Overall weird editing this week. Such as...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I am surprised by Lisa's lack of social game too - even if she is uncomfortable with small talk and not connecting with others, she should know that wandering off too much and isolating yourself is going to be a problem.
    They made it look like Lisa just left without saying anything, but I am guessing she went to pee, or just said that's where she was going, and used the time to have a private moment - which admittedly was a better choice than crying in front of the rest of them - and that anytime Lisa is not in front of them, they talk about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I wondered that, too, but then they showed Jonathan running around like a crazed person past the hair stylist and she didn't even look up, which made me laugh and then wonder if that was a sign that no one is paying attention.
    TOTALLY!

LOL! I was wondering where he came from. It was like, who's the guy with the earrings and who is this "Artis" Jeff keeps talking about.
    Ardis is the Boy Dana (I only figured out tonight that they were separate people).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Regarding Lisa - I saw online she was divorced a week before she left for filming. I assume her sadness may relate to that, and she may be keeping it to herself. Just a thought. I like her and hope she does not get the boot too soon.

Oh Malcolm, don't be an idiot and have it impact Denise's game as well. A 2 person alliance in a group of 4.
    Abi & RC - what a crazy relationship - and Abi - paranoia!
    Penner - too funny when he found the idol. If someone notices its missing, he could say it was poorly made??? In another tribe - what if it just fell off, and nobody thinks what it is - could be lost?? Hee hee.
    Still too many people that we do not know much about.

vCash
    I will say - the example of giving it everything you have? Penner hurling himself across the table to smack that last piece in when the red team was thisclose to losing immunity, while purple team dithered. Never give up.

Although, with this ep's weird editing, maybe the two tribes weren;t close at all at the end
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think they often make it look closer than it is, but in this challenge they did a lot of long shots, and I think it really was that close.

I'd want Penner on my team for challenges for sure!

re Malcolm - I'm hoping that was just a lot of editing to build up to Roxy's demise, because I really thought he was more of a gamer than that. I wonder if after TC Denise will smack some sense into him, saying that if it wasn't for the need to keep someone strong for challenges, his head would have been on the block - and certainly past merge when strong guys are targets rather than valued assets.

vCash
    Malcom seems like a real decent guy, my guess is that he'll wise up at some point. Denise seems very smart and wise, if she makes the merge I give he a decent shot at winning it all.

BTW, did you folks notice that Jeff Kent had a knee brace on during the IC. Didn't know they allowed that.

And the Abi/RC thing has to implode at some point. Maybe when their tribe goes to TC??

All in all, a decent start to the season.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    BTW, did you folks notice that Jeff Kent had a knee brace on during the IC. Didn't know they allowed that.
    My husband noticed that and was , but they've been allowing the cast to have some medical treatment during the show so they have fewer medical evacs. Eliza complained that during her first season, if you got a machete cut, you tried to hide it and prayed it wouldn't get infected because you didn't want to be evacced, but on her last season, they would come running with the disinfectant and bandaids, and she thought it was making people wimpy.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Why did she say, "cookies would be nice."? What?
    I was giving her a (healthy dose) of the benefit of the doubt by thinking that was her way of saying "harmony".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    she's a dumbass.

I can't wait to see how Jeff handles Skupin's constant injuries at the reunion. I'm guessing that we'll get a highlight reel (I'm assuming/hoping none will match the severity of his S2 injuries).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Malcom seems like a real decent guy, my guess is that he'll wise up at some point. Denise seems very smart and wise, if she makes the merge I give he a decent shot at winning it all.

And the Abi/RC thing has to implode at some point. Maybe when their tribe goes to TC??

All in all, a decent start to the season.
    If Malcom aka Orlando Bloom reject was really serious about playing the game and not wanting to have a hookup get in the way of anything, how hard could it be to get everyone else in on the nighttime cuddling so it's not just the two of them? Surely he could have just said, "Hey Roxy, it's been really cold at night...do you want to scoot over so we can share body warmth?" Then she'd have no grounds to complain, even if she declined.

I dunno, maybe I don't know how people operate, lol. I'm not touchy feely at all and I can't imagine I'd want to snuggle up with some stranger who probably smells disgusting, but warmth is warmth. At the very least, having someone next to you would be good for blocking the wind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I can't wait to see how Jeff handles Skupin's constant injuries at the reunion. I'm guessing that we'll get a highlight reel (I'm assuming/hoping none will match the severity of his S2 injuries).
    We're assuming he lives to the end.

He might get one of those In Memoriam clips.

vCash
    Malcom needs to secure his alliance with Denise and keep his pecker in his pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Malcom needs to secure his alliance with Denise and keep his pecker in his pocket.
    There's no evidence that Malcom's pecker has made an appearance on the show.
    Last edited by orbitz; 09-29-2012 at 03:16 AM.

vCash
    The Blue / purple tribe makes me ... sad and furious at the same time. Pleaaase get rid of Russell. I couldn't stand him in his season, can't stand him now too. He's so annoying.

I wish Penner would go too !! Boo !!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Can we just go ahead and disband the blue tribe now and split the players with the other 2 tribes? I mean, they are just pitiful. If this keeps up, the other 2 tribes will have no choice but to sit at least 1 player out 2 challenges in a row, which is typically a Survivor no-no.

I feel sorry for Denise and Malcolm.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    eys, somewhere Stephanie is throwing things at her tv.

This is tiresome for me too, as necessarily they've focused almost completely on that team. On the yellow, things are finally starting to get interesting with the dude and the annoying Latina woman doing some double and triple dealing, but I was startled to see the big black man on that team - where has he been? It's worse on the red team - we only know Penner and the baseball player - the rest are people who apparently hide in the cave and just show up in the background at challenges.

I know she's cute (and I seriously admire her positivity), but for someone who was voted out 3rd, Angie got WAY too much air time.

vCash
    Ashley's a nice girl bu is too young/immature to play the game. She reminds me somewhat of adorable Colleen from Season 1, but the game play is different now and Ashley can't keep up.

Abby's too b*tchy. I wonder if she has more male friends than female friends outside of the game? RC made a big mistake in trusting Abby too quickly.

I was surprised also to see Artis speak in this episode. I was like, "Who are you?"

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast