Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    vCash
    Yul is still my favorite winner. He looked yummy without his shirt on, and he appealed to my geek sensibilities with his incessant statistical talk

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    The first 10 or so seasons are all indelibly etched into my brain, and most of the players are as well. The season Earl won was the first season I didn't watch every episode - I had rehearsals on Thursdays, which is when the show aired back then. I only watched about a third of the episodes, but still Yau Man, Earl, and the nutty guy Yau Man gave the car to made a huge impresison. The Aras season, Jud season, the Kim seasons, and to a lesser extent the Sophie season are really blurry, though. The winners aren't that memorable, but the other players are largely forgettable as well (not so with Sophie's season, but I had forgotten she won!).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Just doing a quick count of that list Jenny posted and at least 10 of them have already played more than once. I think an All Winners edition could be interesting, but the limited casting could be an issue. Some of them aren't that memorable and I could see a lot of the more interesting, "big gun" types getting taken out first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Lisa is doing a much better job than I would have guessed of making her case.
    Lisa an experienced public speaker:

Whelchel has been a regular inspirational speaker at churches and conferences nationwide since 2004. In 2000, she founded Momtime Ministries, a religious network of mothers' groups who meet weekly to "equip and refresh and encourage" each other. In 2009, she began touring with the Women of Faith conferences, speaking on various issues including motherhood, child discipline, and friendship.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Whelchel#Speaking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This list is from Wiki - amazing how many I don't remember at all

snipped the list
    I haven't watched every season so some of these people are unknown to me except from just reading about them here and on Sucks.

There are 11 female winners now. Is that enough to have an all winners season?!?

Tina, Vecepia, Sandra, Natalie (word is she wants to play again badly to prove she didn't just win cause Russell was so awful) have said they will play again. Not sure about Sophie, Kim or Denise since they are so new to the winners circle. Nor am I sure about Danni. Isn't Sophie a medical student/resident? Might be hard for her to have a big block of time off at this point in her career.

Jenna, Amber and Parvati are all "no" from what I read on Sucks. Jenna won't leave Ethan while he's so sick, Amber has three little girls under the age of 4 with Rob and won't leave them for 2 months, and Parvati has said she won't play again. So if they are for sure "no" that doesn't leave the producers much room to choose from the others.

Even coming up with 8/9/10 decent guys would be tough since Richard would never be cast again, Brian is person non grata in Survivor land, and we know Ethan can never play again with his very serious illness. That's three of the 13 that are out right off the top and I don't think Yul or Boston Rob want to play again either.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    an all runner up season might be interesting
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Well that would allow Jeff to bring back two of his all time favorites for a FOURTH time, Ozzy and Russell Hantz!!

I do think there will be another "all star" season coming up in the near future but how it will be cast, I'm not sure.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Obviously they can manipulate the results if they want to, but it would be fun to have fans vote in who they want to see. Big Brother did that for an all-star season - they had double the amount of people standing at the front door waiting to go in, and then revealed who fans had voted for.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, yes i remember that sad sack michael, not a cowboy, waiting outside
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Nor am I sure about Danni.
    Danni is a no. She's been invited back more than once and always turns them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Indeed, they might have been trying hide what they believed was an obvious win to create some dramz. But in the process, although they certainly presented Denise as smart, physical and likable, they should have done more to build her case for the win by showing us more of those strategy sessions, important conversations, and how she was working it with everyone, including those we might not have expected to vote for her. They did a better job of that last season with Kim's win - by the time she won, I think most viewers knew exactly how she did it, and appreciated what she had achieved. Much as I like Denise and see a lot of good Survivor qualities, I don't think I saw enough of how exactly she did it. The fact that she took it in a landslide means that there's stuff that happened that we didn't see. IMO of course
    Kim was an exception among female Survivor winners in that she took women to the end and so she was the only alpha to focus on. Most of the women who have won have done so when there was some studly, Survivor-approved man around and the focus has always been on the guy. Female winners always look like they kind of sneaked in there somehow, and their victories are nearly always blamed on bitter juries.

Whenever Jeff lists his favorite winners, there's usually one woman on the list, if that. And he has said, quite bluntly, that women are just not good Survivor "characters."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Amanda!! Cirie!!

vCash
    Amanda and Cirie have already played 3 times. I think that should be the limit, no matter how awesome you are (and I luuurve Cirie)
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Penner had this to say on Twitter about outing Lisa at the final tribal council:

Jonathan Penner ‏@SurvivorPenner
    @Jeffprobst says I was petty for outing Lisa W? Funny. He asked me to save talking bout her w jury till FT & cameras! under the bus indeed!

vCash
    Ha! I was surprised that Penner wouldn't have just come clean to the others while they were all at Ponderosa.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    penner's acting credits are more recent than lisa's, he has an oscar nom and he's related to george costanza by marriage. i wonder how much of that was disclosed to the rest of the tribe. i dont think lisa cared. considering hardly anyone recognized her, i dont think it was that big of a deal. knowing jeff was a professional athlete probably would have been more interesting to them. but penner came off as a hypocrite.

vCash
    penner's acting credits are more recent than lisa's, he has an oscar nom and he's related to george costanza by marriage. i wonder how much of that was disclosed to the rest of the tribe.
    Penner's acting history is well known, though, since he's already been on the show twice. Anyone who'd watched the show before should have known.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant watch amanda tank one more tribal

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Whenever Jeff lists his favorite winners, there's usually one woman on the list, if that. And he has said, quite bluntly, that women are just not good Survivor "characters."
    What an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Penner had this to say on Twitter about outing Lisa at the final tribal council:
    This does not surprise me at all. They were probably hoping for a big reveal all season, and when they didn't get it, they went to their alumni/Hollywood guy to do the job for them.

Call me a konspirist, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa knew it was going to happen.

vCash
    I think Jeff's hate of women winners goes all the way back to season 2 when Tina beat his beloved Colby and its all been downhill from there!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I'd like to see a second-chance season for people who were voted out first.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast