Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    If Denise were a hot chick, everyone would be all zomg, we need to split up the power couple right away!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I was when Jeff tried to get Lisa to talk about her child star experience and Lisa was at least smart enough to come up with an acceptable answer to get him off her back.
    I'm not sure Lisa was even thinking about her child star experience at the time. It looked to me that she was thinking about her failed marriage (she divorced right before Survivor filming started).

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Whoever is left between Carter and Abi after next week may be in an enviable position as the swing vote between Malcom/Denise and Lisa/Skupin.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I'm not sure Lisa was even thinking about her child star experience at the time. It looked to me that she was thinking about her failed marriage (she divorced right before Survivor filming started).
    That's what I thought too. Might just be editing, but she hasn't mentioned it once in her confessionals, although a lot of talk about trust issues. Sounds like she hadn't fully processed it and wasn't ready to talk about it at all.

vCash
    I am so sorry Penner is gone, even though it was his own doing. After not caring about him in his previous seasons, I found myself really rooting for him this time. Loved how he was blatantly cheering for Carter in the immunity challenge after he dropped too far back.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Penner actually did really, really well considering that above everyone else, he had a target on his back from day one. It's only because he's a very smart man and a good player that he made it this far.

Skupin had a similar target, but is there only because his team didn't have to go to TC, and because after the merge he's been a vote for hire.

vCash
    My bet is that Skupin thinks he can win because he believes has been zero controversy with him...no arguements, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    My bet is that Skupin thinks he can win because he believes has been zero controversy with him...no arguements, etc.
    If that's the case, he might be right.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ...And yes, it's INSANE that no one is talking about breaking up one of the strongest alliances that Survivor has ever seen. Skupin especially should be seeing that this is another Tina/Colby right to the very end, and anyone else is further down on their totem pole.
    Skupin didn't really see the Tina/Colby alliance - Kucha was in position to rout Ogakor before his accident, and I doubt he really scrutinized the game when he went back home.

It IS crazy that everyone knows Denise/Malcolm are super tight and are doing nothing, but after so many seasons of tribes ignoring obvious pair alliances, I'm immune to it Even more than that, though, the strategy this season is different than any other season - everyone basically reveals everything at each TC! It's made for such a fab season I can't complain (doesn't hurt that for once I'm rooting for the obvious power alliance couple, which hasn't happened since......Tina/Colby).

Abi, who continues to be a little brat, is a smart brat. Here at home we might think anyone would be an idiot to fall for her 4th II ruse, but in the paranoid world of Survivor, it might buy her just a little bit more time - plus it will remind everyone that Malcolm still has one that no one is bothering to flush out.
    oh, no, during the ep I was totally going "NO!!! why do you have to make a smart move NOW?!?"

And Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Could her niceness win her the game, or will people say "look if you think this game is bigger than you and you're not cut out for it, then I'm not giving you a million dollars."
    I think he need to be SO open and to tell everyone everything - even outside of TC - will cost her the million, if she gets to the final. Her personal ethics are overshadowing her gameplay, and while she's doing that way better than most "I played by my values" contestants, it has caused her to make some really boneheaded moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I was when Jeff tried to get Lisa to talk about her child star experience and Lisa was at least smart enough to come up with an acceptable answer to get him off her back.
    yeah, I had no idea what Erin was referring to - I thought you meant Player Jeff and couldn't remember any conversation between him and Lisa about her past. I think Probst was fishing for anything, possibly he expected an allusion to her celebrity, but her answer was very real and very fresh, and she handled it better than just about any Survivor. Usually they end up taking the bait and blabbing about whatever childhood trauma caused them to make whatever boneheaded move is being discussed, which makes cynical viewers (like me) - and more importantly, players - roll their eyes.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    That's what I thought too. Might just be editing, but she hasn't mentioned it once in her confessionals, although a lot of talk about trust issues. Sounds like she hadn't fully processed it and wasn't ready to talk about it at all.
    Yes, actually it occurred to me that she was probably thinking about the divorce. But I don't think that's what Jeff (Probst ) was asking about...it was very similar to what he did with Jeff Kent a few weeks ago, he was clearly hoping for a big reveal.

And just to clarify, I was laughing at Jeff's question, his not so subtle digging, and his grin that gives away that he knows something the rest don't know. Lisa's actual answer was not funny, although I was impressed that she kind of told Jeff where to go without being rude about it.

vCash
    Why isn't anyone concerned about the Lisa/Skupin alliance?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    They don't have a HII and Lisa is even less likely to win immunity than Abi was.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    They don't have a HII and Lisa is even less likely to win immunity than Abi was.
    Oh.

vCash
    My gut is telling me that Carter will be next to go unless he wins immunity again. Then the division will be Skupin/Lisa & Malcolm/Denise with Abi as the swing vote. And who is little Abi buddying up to at the moment? Malcolm. I think it would be a smart move to take her to the finals if its a 3 person final.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    merrywidow you could be right - not because he's a challenge threat, but because he doesn't appear to have any relationships left. However, I bet Abi starts working on him. She's already trying to work Malcolm, and let's remember that reward where all the youngsters got to bond. Malcolm seemed far more comfortable with that crowd than all his 40-50 year old alliance mates. The family visit is probably being overblown in the previews, but if Malcolm feels like people are starting to look at him, he might start thinking that it's time to mix things up.

vCash
    I guess Alan Alda's voice won't be dubbed into the program for the rest of the series.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    And no one else is worried about Carter??? At this point I'm hoping he challenges his way to the finale, because frankly much as I've been rooting for Malcolm and Denise, they haven't done anything worthy in WEEKS. They're not winning anything, I'm not seeing any strategy, they don't appear to have any deep game insights...
    To me, the best game play is to ensure you have a voting block...so that you don't have to do anything. To not make yourself part of the core group and instead be some uber-athlete who wins everything is not the moves of an intelligent person. It might make you an Olympic gold medalist, but it will not mean you are a good player in the game of Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Why isn't anyone concerned about the Lisa/Skupin alliance?
    Haven't Lisa and Skupin been voting differently at times? Whereas Denise and Malcom have been tightly entwined since day one (or close enough).
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I don't think it will happen, but I am really pulling for Lisa to somehow pull a win out of this. :

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Watched it again tonight. Can't believe that Lisa bid against Carrter not once, but twice after he gave up his potato (admittedly no real loss) to give the tribe rice and beans. She should have let him have the next one -- or at least not bid against him for the final one!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I'm at the thought of all the players watching the first episode of the season and finding out that they were playing against a very famous child star and an a multi millionaire baseball player! Doesn't sound like Jeff has revealed anything at Ponderosa, and I don't think Penner will spill the beans, but I guess the word might have got out if anyone was keeping in touch after filming finished.
    Interestingly enough, both RC and Abi and I think a couple of the others tweeted that they had no idea that Lisa was a child star until they saw the first episode.

But Jonathan didn't know, either, until Denise told him. He acted like he recognized Lisa all along once he knew, but he had no idea.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast