Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Perhaps, but I've never found interrupting and trying to justify myself to be a successful way to get that result. Apologizing and asking to move on tends to be a better strategy and had she done that, I might have had a little bit more respect for her.
    Hey, I didn't say it was the right thing to do, just offering some potential insight into why she might have reacted that way. I've seen it happen to the best of people, and in an emotional state, sometimes the only thing you can think about is making it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Quite frankly, I think the lack of 20-25 year olds in the 2nd half of the game is a HUGE reason this season is so successful. There have been some notable younger players, but given the casting trends, especially for the women, they are few and far between.
    Indeed - it was interesting on the reward when Malcolm noted that all the young people were on the reward, and all the older people were back at the beach.

I wonder if Malcolm, already somewhat paranoid as his name keeps coming up plus having the idol adds a whole other dimension of stress (ie when to play it), feels odd man out with the people he's aligned with, not sure if he can trust them, etc. Ages of remaining players plus jury:

Carter and Pete - 24
    Malcolm - 25
    RC - 27

Abi - 32

Denise - 41
    Jeff - 44
    Lisa - 49
    Penner and Skupin - 50
    Artis - 53

vCash
    Abi just reinforced, for me, why I haven't liked her much. A mature unentitled thing to do would have been to have let Denise finish at least one sentence but oh no.... poor, picked on Abi interruped Denise every single time Denise tried to say something. Considering that Jeff asked Denise to speak, Abi forcing herself into the conversation is just rude. Excuses, excuses, excuses from her along with her bragging means to me that she's just begging to get the boot. Now the her HII is gone, please let her be the one gone next week cause I've really had enough of her and the "it's all about me" attitude.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    One thing about Abi that I am curious about...she talks frequently about how much of the cooking she does. I haven't noticed that myself, in fact, they don't seem to show much about cooking any longer but can any of you who check this stuff out verify that Abi has been the principal cook? She is very vain & self centered & its more than time for her to learn that she isn't as amusing & cute as she was 10 or 15 years ago. Time to grow up!

vCash
    I don't have any sources beyond the show itself on this particular subject, but I wouldn't be surprised if Abi had been doing a larger percentage of the cooking simply because of her knee. If she really was as useless at the physical stuff as she's made out to be, I can see her volunteering or being given the "standing still" tasks. So if you want to not cook anymore, fine, but you'd better be making it up elsewhere, which it doesn't sound like she intended on doing, lol.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Kind of annoyed to see the whole "I want to play with good people" thing coming up - I had hoped this season was free of that sort of thing.
    I have always thought this way as well. But with this season, I'm seeing it a bit different because the two types of people are more extreme than ever before. The "good guy" really are some wonderful people in many varying ways. The three "bad guys" are some of the most miserable people to have ever been on this show. If I was one of the people on this show and had to spend day in and day out with these a**hats, through hunger, cold & rain, sleepless nights, physical challenges, psychological gameplay, etc. - then I could see myself getting to the point, "DON'T LET x WIN!!!" Can you imagine going through everything to have Abi or Pete blurt out at the reunion how they are the BEST PLAYER EVER!!!! What could be more horrendous than that. So I'd vote out one of the bad guys so that would never happen.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I wouldn't have been as patient as Denise was with Abi. After the third interruption I would have lost it with her and screamed at her to SHUT UP! And what's worse is the revelation that Abi is 32. All along I thought she was an immature 21yr old, and to find an entitiled spoiled brat at that age makes it all the worse.

But while I understand Denise's point about "good people", if it was me, i'd cozy up to Abi, tell her how misunderstood she is, align with her, take her to the end and have a good chance to win. Because clearly, Malcom and Denise are a huge alliance that needs to be dealt with. And woe be to you if you ignore that. And if you end up in the finale with people who are likeable and respected, how are you going to win?

And I too wonder if Penner didn't hurt himself by not wanting to commit more. If I was Denise/Malcom/Lisa/Skupin, I'd go after Penner at the first chance I could, because he can win.

Just another ep from one the of the best seasons ever.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Abi no longer is a good goat to take to the finals - Artis and Pete may vote for her (I would have thought Pete would vote on game play, but he fell for the crying, and based on his Ponderosa vids, he's just another bittah alpha who didn't win), Jeff is so full of bittah he might vote for her, and it's just not a good idea to give away up to 3 votes. Really, Carter is looking like the best goat to bring, because, while he's won 2 immunity challenges, he has done nothing strategically all season, and any alliance he's been a part of, he doesn't appear to have any super strong ties that would override strategic voting. Of course, there's still time to make an impact in the game.

People on sucks are freaking out over Denise's treatment of Abi in TC. Abi apparently has fans - who knew? And of course, most of the vitriol is about Denise's looks . which is especially stupid, cause she's pretty smokin'
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'll say it again -- Denise is a rock star!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    People on sucks are freaking out over Denise's treatment of Abi in TC. Abi apparently has fans - who knew?
    lol, imo anyone who doesnt punch her is a master of restraint
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Denise HAS to win. Or I'll cry. But anyway, I agree, this is one of the best season ever !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Do we know for certain if it's a 2 or 3 person final? Might make a huge difference to Malcolm and Denise. If it's 2, then as we get closer to the end one of them will have to go as everyone will know that they will take each other to the end. If it's 3, then going with them might not be a bad idea as they might split the jury votes or get painted with the same bitter brush, and the third person could win.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I'll miss Penner but he did screw up in not making the alliance when asked.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it is his own fault but it would have been a great opportunity to get rid of malcolm, denise or carter
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Interesting episode. Yes Penner made the mistake last week that resulted in his ouster this week. And I like Malcolm and Denise.
    but with Lisa/Skupin making the decision they made in tonight's episode, is the fun part of the journey now over for the season?
    I have really enjoyed the season so far, but now I am thinking it will be Malcolm/Denise at the end, the only mystery is which one will win.
    Where I had been enjoying rooting for 4-5 people (Penner, Lisa, Malcolm, Denise and just recently Skupin) and it is now down to 2 so quickly.
    Hope that makes sense.
    As long as Abi does not win. And Carter too, except he just seems like a nice kid, smart with the food decisions!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    gah, I know Malcolm has the HII, but I really wish Penner has made a pitch to say they were voting for Denise and actually voting for Malcolm. Maybe, just maybe, Skupin would have gone for it if it would have taken out the bigger challenge threat, and taken an HII out of play.

Regardless, any TC where the choices are Penner or Denise is going to leave me in tears. GO DENISE!

Abi continues to be reprehensible, and the victim edit has GOT to stop.

very interesting that Carter voted against his alleged alliance. And his name never seems to come up as a target.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Damn Penner! Oh well...still rooting for Malcolm, Lisa, Denise, and to a lesser extent, Skupin. Although kudos to Carter for feeding the tribe...seems like a nice enough kid, although he hasn't done a whole lot in the game itself.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I'm sad that Cousin Geri wasn't shown in the preview as Lisa's relative.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So Skupin thinks that Penner and that other guy are bigger threats than Denise and Malcolm? MORON! Skupin could have taken Abi and Carter to the final three and cashed a nice seven-figure cheque.

And what's with everyone else letting Denise (who is a threat on her own) and Malcom (who is a threat on his own) continue on as a power couple (which is a threat) while one of them holds an immunity idol (which is a threat). MORONS!

very interesting that Carter voted against his alleged alliance. And his name never seems to come up as a target.
    Is there a guy named Carter on this show??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I am sad. Penner really, really loves the game, and was playing excellently except for that one fatal move last week. He was reading Lisa so well, but totally missed that. Even if he hadn't wanted to commit, he should have taken Lisa aside and promised her alone that they were in it to the end. And yet, he's right she did write his name down twice, so in some ways, why trust her? Plus I think he really likes her as a person, and didn't want to have to betray her later. Sigh.

There was a moment there when he yelled out Denise! that I thought Malcolm might give the II to her, and how great would that have been if they were really voting out Malcolm! And yes, it's INSANE that no one is talking about breaking up one of the strongest alliances that Survivor has ever seen. Skupin especially should be seeing that this is another Tina/Colby right to the very end, and anyone else is further down on their totem pole.

And no one else is worried about Carter??? At this point I'm hoping he challenges his way to the finale, because frankly much as I've been rooting for Malcolm and Denise, they haven't done anything worthy in WEEKS. They're not winning anything, I'm not seeing any strategy, they don't appear to have any deep game insights, and in fact going after Abi might have been a HUGE error on Denise's part because it means she's out 3 jury votes (assuming Abi will also be on the jury). I do think Malcolm saw that and was working Abi for a vote - hopefully this means that he is in fact building his case against Denise.

Skupin has a few game/people insights, but going with Malcolm and Denise, and for that matter Lisa, is just stupid. With Carter and Penner, he had a better shot. Plus, with Penner now gone, Skupin's lost his shield.

Abi, who continues to be a little brat, is a smart brat. Here at home we might think anyone would be an idiot to fall for her 4th II ruse, but in the paranoid world of Survivor, it might buy her just a little bit more time - plus it will remind everyone that Malcolm still has one that no one is bothering to flush out.

And Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Could her niceness win her the game, or will people say "look if you think this game is bigger than you and you're not cut out for it, then I'm not giving you a million dollars."

I'm at the thought of all the players watching the first episode of the season and finding out that they were playing against a very famous child star and an a multi millionaire baseball player! Doesn't sound like Jeff has revealed anything at Ponderosa, and I don't think Penner will spill the beans, but I guess the word might have got out if anyone was keeping in touch after filming finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And no one else is worried about Carter??? At this point I'm hoping he challenges his way to the finale, because frankly much as I've been rooting for Malcolm and Denise, they haven't done anything worthy in WEEKS.
    Well, it was two weeks ago, so maybe that counts as WEEKS, but Denise was the one who suggested going after Artis because he was the least likely to get the HII. And last week, Malcolm was the one who solidified the F4 alliance with Skupin and Lisa, which was clearly the nail in Penner's coffin this week.

Abi, who continues to be a little brat, is a smart brat. Here at home we might think anyone would be an idiot to fall for her 4th II ruse, but in the paranoid world of Survivor, it might buy her just a little bit more time - plus it will remind everyone that Malcolm still has one that no one is bothering to flush out.
    Yeah, even as I was hating on her, I was actually admiring her plan. Can't stand her, but if she won, I'd have to admit that she earned it, and at least she came to play.

I'm at the thought of all the players watching the first episode of the season and finding out that they were playing against a very famous child star and an a multi millionaire baseball player! Doesn't sound like Jeff has revealed anything at Ponderosa, and I don't think Penner will spill the beans, but I guess the word might have got out if anyone was keeping in touch after filming finished.
    I was when Jeff tried to get Lisa to talk about her child star experience and Lisa was at least smart enough to come up with an acceptable answer to get him off her back.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast