Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    I thought it was the missed opportunity to get rid of Malcolm - who is clearly a threat to the end and has an idol, and didn't play it. Had enough of them voted for him - as Lisa had suggested at the beginning - a major threat would have been eliminated, along with an idol.

vCash
    That must have been what Probst meant, since they kept cutting to Malcolm, who looked part relieved but also part confused/unhappy. Who knows. Next episode's fallout should be fun.

And I think the tribe is severely underestimating the importance that just three more days can have on a player's game. Sure, Penner is in pretty dire straights, but any additonal time he has in the game gives him a chance to figure out a plan that keeps his name off the chopping block. I mean, how often do we see people say, "So-and-so is DEFINITELY going next" and so-and-so DOESN"T go next? Because stuff happens. And honestly, the mess that tribal counsel was could be really good for Penner...now that emotions are high, idols are out and people are having panic attacks or not being sure what to do, he can swoop in and solve some people's problems by voting with them, therefore prolonging his stay.

It ALWAYS happens. Always, always, always. I can only think of a handful of times that a person truly was a dead man in that there was not much they could do to change their fate. I don't think this is one of those times.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I thought it was the missed opportunity to get rid of Malcolm - who is clearly a threat to the end and has an idol, and didn't play it. Had enough of them voted for him - as Lisa had suggested at the beginning - a major threat would have been eliminated, along with an idol.
    That was how I took it--they had all missed a great opportunity to take out a strong player AND an HII.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Finally got to see the EP tonight, and wow, best EP of the season and one of the best in a while. Part of that is the editing heightened to tension, but nonetheless, dang fun.

I would love to know how Abi gets along in the real world with an attitude like that. She better run her own business because nobody is going to want to work with her.

Anyway, I love how Lisa is playing. She may not win, but she sure is making people nervous.

Oh, and I did say upthread that that Jeff Kent was an asshat, nice to see he confirmed it.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    That must have been what Probst meant, since they kept cutting to Malcolm, who looked part relieved but also part confused/unhappy.
    In the EW article, Probst himself says that his comment was about Penner not siding with the other 5.

PROBST: The blown opportunity was Penner and his lack of commitment to his alliance. For a guy on the outside of a true alliance, he had a shot to firm it up with Jeff Kent and take control of the game. I thought they blew it.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/08/su...bst-episode-8/
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Tidbits from Sucks:

Jonahan tweeted that he didn't want to talk about the Abi vote because he might accidentally spoil.
    Abi retweeted this .

There must be DEVELOPMENTS

Malcolm tweeted: OMG OK THIS WEEK'S SURVIVOR EP IS OVER -- QUICK, EVERYBODY TWEET THEIR EX POST FACTO SELF-SERVING INTERPRETATION OF WHAT HAPPENED!!!

I think that is a dig at R, who is bragging her head off and dropping spoilers (or what seem like spoilers) right and left.

Skupin is promising that things are going to get even crazier.

And someone over there posted photos of Jonathan naked. I keep running into them and it is
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Who is "R"? RC?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Malcolm tweeted: OMG OK THIS WEEK'S SURVIVOR EP IS OVER -- QUICK, EVERYBODY TWEET THEIR EX POST FACTO SELF-SERVING INTERPRETATION OF WHAT HAPPENED!!!
    Malcolm's commentary is always so on point; I'm a little in love with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    In the EW article, Probst himself says that his comment was about Penner not siding with the other 5.

PROBST: The blown opportunity was Penner and his lack of commitment to his alliance. For a guy on the outside of a true alliance, he had a shot to firm it up with Jeff Kent and take control of the game. I thought they blew it.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/08/su...bst-episode-8/
    Which is silly. There weren't five other votes against Pete; there were four. The most Jonathan could have done was force a tie. He must have been paying better attention to the double-dealing Michael Skupin during Tribal Council than Jeff Probst was.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Who is "R"? RC?
    Grrr, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Me too! He is the whole package, good looking and smart!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Another interesting episode this evening
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I'm a lot in love with him!

Kudos to Lisa for upping her game big time! I'd love to see her in the final three.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    such a good season! surprised lisa didnt vote w skupin
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    mlp - I think Skupin jumped solo to take the heat off of Lisa. She did him a favor last TC, now he's helping her keep her word. Can't wait for Abi's witchy wounded act next episode. I would have targeted Pete though if I was Penner. Artis was a non entity in the game. Pete's the physical threat.

Major props to Artis for his exit interview - very classy. I might need to go look up the Ponderosa episodes now.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Awesome episode.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think they picked artis and not pete in case abi gave pete her idol, although it doesnt seem like her to do that
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I remember Denise saying something like that, mlp.

vCash
    Yay!

I wish Lisa would have been the flipper to stick it to Abi, but it worked out either way. Penner knows this game so well. The story of the good guys vs bad guys he told to Lisa is pretty much exactly the story this season. While he's not who I'm rooting for the win, it wouldn't disappoint me if he did. The 6 good guys are all worthy of the win, it's actually going to be sad when they eventually have to turn on each other.

Good to see Denise back in decision making position. She was starting to get a little under the radar the last couple episodes. One of the great things about this season is there aren't any under the radar players.

RC and Jeff make a cute couple.

vCash
    Yes a great episode. I do appreciate how Penner and Skupin are respectful to Lisa for her choices.
    I love Penner, but I noticed a wedding ring. And Malcolm, I already knew he was smart and good looking and nice, but good with kids and was a teacher - what is not to love.
    Artis - his exit speech - too bad we did not see him like that before.
    Abi - what a very miserable person. She is so clueless as to what is going on.
    Yea - Denise!
    So still hoping final 4 are Denise, Malcolm, Penner and Lisa. Skupin can be #5.
    (note - I am still having trouble reconciling the Skupin we see know with the Skupin I remember from Aus that killed the boar)

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast