Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    re the Ponderosa videos - RC needs to get over it. Yes you were betrayed, but the entire world saw what really went down on tv, so maybe it's time to let it go, no? Bet she gets no more than 1 question at the finale - there have been so many storylines this season, and hers is already long forgotten IMO.
    I do think RC needs to get over it - although keep in mind that she had been at Ponderosa for 15 days at that point, with only disgruntled Jeff and then the guys from her former alliance who've been really rude to her. Until Penner showed up, she was still feeling ostracized, although without the need to suck up. When she blew up at Abi, it was on Abi's 3rd day at Ponderosa, Abi asked again if RC was ever going to forgive her, and RC started off with "I have asked you not to talk to me, and you keep at me. You never stop talking. You don't ever SHUT UP". In essence, I don't think Ponderosa has allowed her much ability to let things go.

And I'm guessing Abi will be getting a LOT of airtime at the reunion, and her spat with RC was a big part of her presence this season, so RC might get to say TWO things
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I don't think the edit is saying Malcolm can't win - he's getting a hero's edit, not dissimilar to whatsherface last season, or Boston Rob in the season he finally won. As for the jury, he hasn't pissed any of them off from what I can tell - even Abi, who he's been nice to (and of course she hasn't seen his confessionals). Remember he also bonded with all the younger players on that one reward - I wouldn't underestimate that, especially given Denise's unwanted advice/criticism to Abi, which may rub some of the other younger players the wrong way, whether they sided with Abi or not. And of course he's won a ton of challenge, and despite threats to his safety, managed to hang onto his HII for most of the game rather than using it to save himself.

Edit or not, I'm not seeing Skupin win. He might get a vote from Penner depending on who he's up against, but I don't think even Lisa's vote is guaranteed for him. She might want to vote for someone she thinks will benefit from the money, but she's too big a fan of the game not to give her vote to the person she thinks was the best player. Skupin's played an even game, but in the process apparently annoyed a few of the jury (4 and potentially 5 counting Lisa of his former tribe, who in the early days were ready to get rid of him had they not won all the challenges, and are likely now bitter that of all of them, he's the one that outlasted them), plus some of the jury might still harbour anti-returnee feelings.

Denise has ticked off Abi and her posse, and I think Carter would be loathe to vote for her either. For that matter she hasn't really given RC a reason to vote for her, unless she's all about strong women, and I don't think she is. She also hasn't won anything lately, and some might think she rode Malcolm's coattails as he was the one winning the challenges plus had the idol the whole time.

Lisa has a shot because she's a nice person and she's played hard, and I think her jury performance will be good, unless anyone is bruised by her many changes in alliances and priorities. She hasn't won challenges though, and while she has attempted some big moves, she hasn't successfully turned the game around in any way. She can argue that she knew she wouldn't win challenges, so her strategy was to be a good team player then to remain fluid to changes in the game. Can't see someone like Jeff or hard core strategists like Pete and Abi going for that though. Depending on who is with Penner on the jury, we know that at least Denise and Skupin know that she was a successful tv star - whether or not they know that she is not wealthy, they might not think she "needs" the money, accolades, etc.

At this point, unless the other three turn on Malcolm and vote him out, I think he's a slam dunk for the win.

Do we know yet if it's an F3 or F2? If it's F2 then Malcolm better win those challenges - if they mistakenly don't get rid of him at F4, they will surely want him out at F3.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    All of you are idiots and morons if you don't acknowledge and respect Abi's directness and honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    nothing gets a relationship off the ground like a month without hygiene
    mmmmm....is that Axe body spray I'm-a smellin'???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    All of you are idiots and morons if you don't acknowledge and respect Abi's directness and honesty.

mmmmm....is that Axe body spray I'm-a smellin'???
    Peter, Peter, Peter. There's being honest and then there's brutally honest with a uppercut to the chin and the latter is Abi. That is one young woman who comes across as being entitled -- as entitled to everything good and everyone else is stupid for not bowing down to her superiority. Doesn't hurt that Jeff let's her go on and on and on, then calls her out on it. HAHAHA.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    PeterG's post was pretty clearly sarcastic, since he used the same words Abi was using in TC.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    That is one young woman who comes across as being entitled -- as entitled to everything good and everyone else is stupid for not bowing down to her superiority.
    If she was a figure skater, would she be an entitlement skater??

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    PeterG posted a sarcastic post??!!?? Say it isn't so.

vCash
    well, some of them are subtle to the point of being unrecognizable, but that one was pretty open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If she was a figure skater, would she be an entitlement skater??

Yes. As of now, she's an entitlement player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    PeterG posted a sarcastic post??!!?? Say it isn't so.
    She is such a snarkmeister.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    PeterG's post was pretty clearly sarcastic, since he used the same words Abi was using in TC.
    And I got that and I was replying in the same kind of vein -- being silly about it which is why I ended with HAHAHA. Guess I should have tried finishing with one of or maybe Sometimes my written word just doesn't reflect the grin on my face when I'm typing something. I get the feeling Peter caught my drift when he came back with the question of whether or not she'd be an entitlement skater.

And Peter, I think she *would* be an entitlement skater.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Spoiler about next season. (includes a spoiler about this season too!)
    They filmed the 2 seasons back to back - so the folks on next season have not seen anything of this current season??
    I remember with Russell Hantz - when he played back to back, they knew him, just not the whole season/outcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    That would actually make Lisa look like a great player, so not smart to mention.
    It never hurts to point out to a potentially bitter jury who betrayed who, especially when said person is gushing about her support for the tribe she helped destroy. Lisa forced Denise into a back peddling position, and when Denise just sat there and took it, Lisa looked strong and Denise look submissive. Good for Lisa for making that move but I would have liked to see Denise spin it to get back in the driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    (And Ares I don't think Lisa dragged them down - she's not the best player by any means, but in each and every challenge she has put everything she's got into it, and IMO done as good a job as players much younger and stronger.)
    I agree, Lisa contributed all she could. IMO it would have been a good move for Denise to make Lisa out to be a weak player as much as she could though, especially to a jury who seem very receptive to the idea that they are power players who got sidelined by a lesser player.

I think Lisa is playing a great game, however, I want Denise to win.

vCash
    Meh, Lisa hasn't impressed me all that much. But of course, the other players haven't seen her confessionals at the time. She has been so wishy washy, and so at times about what to do, what to do, it's annoyed me. And I think she has been terrible at any challenges that were remotely physical. At least she participated, unlike Abi early on, but she wasn't very good at any of them as far as I can remember.

So glad to see Abi go! She won't change from this experience, which is too bad. I am so happy to have her basically off my TV.

What was Skupin dancing to when they were leaving TC? I can't remember now if we heard any singing, but the first thing that had popped into my head was the Wizard of Ox song, Ding dong, the witch is dead!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    So glad to see Abi go! She won't change from this experience, which is too bad. I am so happy to have her basically off my TV.

What was Skupin dancing to when they were leaving TC? I can't remember now if we heard any singing, but the first thing that had popped into my head was the Wizard of Ox song, Ding dong, the witch is dead!
    Yes Skupin was doing a happy dance!
    The contrast over age/maturity
    Malcolm is 24
    Abi is 32

vCash
    I still can't believe Malcolm is younger than Abi. She behaves like a 4 year old kid.
    I still think that considering the edit, he can't win and that's a shame because he's a very good player.

I fear Denise won't win because that Ab*tch will turn the jury against Denise If that's so, I hope Lisa wins it. She may not be a very good player, her blunt ways are .... to say the least and I liked what she said at different times considering her game play. She plays hard, she tells too much for her own good, but she was very lucky it didn't backfire on her. Anyway, I am still rooting for Denise !!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    And I think she has been terrible at any challenges that were remotely physical. At least she participated, unlike Abi early on, but she wasn't very good at any of them as far as I can remember.
    Well, she was able to keep Denise pinned down during that one challenge - the one where Tandang finally conceded in exchange for rice.

vCash
    I'll be surprised if noone sees fit to mention at the final (always supposing Lisa is there) that she was a child TV star. Doesn't Jeff (the ball player) know who she is? Would he keep that info to himself? If Malcolm doesn't win then I'd like him to win that 100 grand special prize. I think he has earned it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Prancer posted upthread that several players tweeted that they didn't know who Lisa was until the first episode aired.

For the $100k prize, I think any of our top 4 have a good shot at it. Lisa may be famous, but she's turned out to be a nice person whose had a rough time, so could get the sympathy - her faith might also get her a few votes. Skupin would seem to me to fall into the Rupert category - beloved by older fans who remember him from the past. Denise and Malcolm may very well split the vote.

If I had to put money on it though, I'd go with Malcolm - great player, cute and appealing, nice guy, could likely really use the money.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just thinking that Penner could get a few votes too as fans were supporting him and felt back he didn't go further. Hopefully Jeff gives us the "runners up" as he sometimes does as it's always interesting to see who did well with the audience (doesn't always match what we think here!).

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast