Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    DO NOT look at this if you want to be unspoiled about this season!

(I stopped reading in time so I'm ok, but they do say something about this season in the article.)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    DO NOT look at this if you want to be unspoiled about this season!

(I stopped reading in time so I'm ok, but they do say something about this season in the article.)
    I edited Sparks' post a little. Sorry, Sparks
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    This isn't relevant to this season, but it's Survivor gossip and I think it's kind of LOL; I've been meaning to post it for a while, but kept forgetting.
    Thanks for gossip!

Who knew boring ass David would be part of a Survivor love triangle. Good for Carolina for getting out of that relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Thanks for gossip!

Who knew boring ass David would be part of a Survivor love triangle. Good for Carolina for getting out of that relationship.
    I'm a die-hard Survivor fan and have never missed an episode, but I do not remember these people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm a die-hard Survivor fan and have never missed an episode, but I do not remember these people.
    Me too! Well, I vaguely remember Carolina as the mouthy girl that got kicked off first in Tocantins (I think?). Do not remember David at all, although I do remember the proposal now that Prancer mentions it.

vCash
    I edited Sparks' post a little. Sorry, Sparks
    It's fine.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Me too! Well, I vaguely remember Carolina as the mouthy girl that got kicked off first in Tocantins (I think?). Do not remember David at all, although I do remember the proposal now that Prancer mentions it.
    PML! Poor David. And he lasted a lot longer than Carolina did.

He was a defense attorney who was on Boston Rob's last season and is best remembered (aside from the proposal) for his closing argument at the final TV, where he argued that the jury needed to vote for Rob. He was quite the Rob fan boy.

Maybe this will refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixwbQ3ybIhI
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    PML! Poor David. And he lasted a lot longer than Carolina did.

He was a defense attorney who was on Boston Rob's last season and is best remembered (aside from the proposal) for his closing argument at the final TV, where he argued that the jury needed to vote for Rob. He was quite the Rob fan boy.

Maybe this will refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixwbQ3ybIhI
    I only vaguely remember him even after watching that. Obviously he did not make an impression on me!

vCash
    Oh yeah, now I remember him. Actually, as soon as I googled him and saw a picture, he kind of came back to me. I used to be really good at remembering every contestant from every season, even the ones eliminated early, but I guess they are starting to blend together a bit now.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I vaguely remember the awkward proposal but not those players, and had to look up Alicia - and it's THAT Alicia? The b*tch who said she was going to use all her sex appeal and turned out to be this loathesomely useless player and worst excuse for a special ed teacher ever???

ABC needs to sign them up for next summer's Bachelor Pad immediately.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Has an airdate been set for "Survivor: After The Final Rose" yet?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I vaguely remember the awkward proposal but not those players, and had to look up Alicia - and it's THAT Alicia? The b*tch who said she was going to use all her sex appeal and turned out to be this loathesomely useless player and worst excuse for a special ed teacher ever???
    David seems to have a thing for snarky, sharp-edged Latinas.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Survivor has a better track record for lasting relationships than any of the Bachelor-type shows, which I think is hilarious. Most of the couples who do The Amazing Race (although I don't know if they count, as they were couples first) are still together, too.

My TV is dead, so if someone would be so kind as to summarize the end of the season for me, I would be most appreciative.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    nothing gets a relationship off the ground like a month without hygiene
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Aw, I don't like seeing Malcolm pushing the idea of voting out Denise. It's a good play for his endgame I suppose, but it still made me kind of sad.

Abi's strong negative feelings toward Denise makes me wonder if her former alliance have similar feelings? Maybe she could have been a little gentler on Abi in the last few tribals (even though Abi is horrible). Also, Lisa was quick to defend her former tribe, making Denise look bad at tribal yet again. I would have loved if Denise pointed out that Tandang was strong physically due in no part to Lisa, who then turned on the tribe she is so proud of, leaving them 3 of the 6 jury members. I guess Denise's position at the time was too precarious to get all uppity though.

I'm still in it for Denise or Malcolm in the end. To come from their situation at Matsing and end up winning it all would be epic.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ...Lisa was quick to defend her former tribe, making Denise look bad at tribal yet again. I would have loved if Denise pointed out that Tandang was strong physically due in no part to Lisa, who then turned on the tribe she is so proud of, leaving them 3 of the 6 jury members.
    That would actually make Lisa look like a great player, so not smart to mention.

ETA: I just watched Carter's and Abi's Ponderosa videos...Carter is a really, really boring kid. Abi wants to party, especially with him. Everyone greeted Abi warmly except RC. Cue to sometime later and RC tells Abi that Pete is the one who took the clue, hid it in the rice and told Abi that RC did it, specifically to cause friction between them. Abi: Oh. RC pointed out that she (RC) never betrayed Abi, Abi betrayed RC, and the reason all of their Tandang alliance is at Ponderosa is because they voted her (RC) out. Pete particularly objected to that last bit. Abi offered an apology that sounded totally half assed, which was rejected. Two days later, Abi is asking if RC will ever accept her apology, and RC goes off! on her. She overdoes it a bit, saying Abi is the worst person to ever play Survivor, and says that Abi will be really embarrassed to see how she behaved when the show is aired. Abi says she won't - and I believe her

Also there was a deleted scene where Denise talks about Malcolm's picks for the reward challenge being perfect - they need to keep Lisa close, and Mike does a lot around camp and had never gotten a reward.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Random notes:

Lisa's defense of her original tribe was an excellent play to the jury IMO. She apparently hasn't offended any of them, while several seem to have a problem with Skupin, and that old loyalty could win her the game in the end. Remember also that she stuck with Pete/Artis/Abi for a TC or two when she could have easily jumped ship.

(And Ares I don't think Lisa dragged them down - she's not the best player by any means, but in each and every challenge she has put everything she's got into it, and IMO done as good a job as players much younger and stronger.)

Malcolm's apparent betrayal of Denise - on the boat, I'm thinking that might have been simply to save himself. He knows full well that Lisa has toyed with getting rid of him for weeks, and that Skupin likely considers him the biggest threat in the remaining challenges. He knew he was safe at this TC, but I think that rather than plotting to get rid of Denise (because they didn't, did they?), he was working on making sure he gets to F3. Later in the confessionals, it's just as likely that he was asked the typical pros/cons questions so that they could put together some suspense for TC, even though it seems pretty clear they were all voting out Abi the whole time.

Shocked at the way Abi went off on Skupin at TC . Yeah I know she's a mouthy little b*tch, but I thought she still had some game in her. I wonder if she had talked to him about turning on Denise and he had shut her down, so she was lashing out at him - thinking it's his fault she's going home. If there was any chance that Lisa and Skupin would turn against Denise (Abi not knowing about the boat alliance), she shut that door - but then again, as we well know, 9 times out of 10, all votes are decided long before they sit down in front of Jeff.

re the Ponderosa videos - RC needs to get over it. Yes you were betrayed, but the entire world saw what really went down on tv, so maybe it's time to let it go, no? Bet she gets no more than 1 question at the finale - there have been so many storylines this season, and hers is already long forgotten IMO.

Back to getting rid of Abi - this does fix the little PR problem they all had after getting rid of Carter, and puts them back on even ground in the "I played an honourable game" sweeps. Too bad this jury doesn't care.

Was Penner drunk at TC? He looked awful and like he was going to pass out, and then giving the finger to someone seemed a bit juvenile for him, no?

Looking forward to Sunday's 3 hour extravaganza

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    (And Ares I don't think Lisa dragged them down - she's not the best player by any means, but in each and every challenge she has put everything she's got into it, and IMO done as good a job as players much younger and stronger.)
    I would go further than saying she didn't drag them down - Lisa was a real asset on the puzzles, which helped her team win on several occasions. They might not have had as many wins without her.

re the Ponderosa videos - RC needs to get over it. Yes you were betrayed, but the entire world saw what really went down on tv, so maybe it's time to let it go, no?
    I agree. I mean, I understand why RC is upset with Abi and I'm on RC's side with the whole initial argument, but clearly RC is not going to get whatever she wants out of Abi. Abi is never going to realize, accept or admit that she did anything wrong or be upset by her own behaviour. So all RC is doing is making herself upset by letting Abi get to her. The best way to deal with people like Abi is to assume that someday Abi will get her comeuppance in some way, shape, or form and move on.

vCash
    I really wish they would have either a two hour reunion or only have the jury members and the three finalists. I would love to hear more dirt.

vCash
    For having to spend an afternoon alone at camp with Abi and not reach for the machete, Denise deserves to win the money.

vCash
    Ok so Malcolm considering the edit can't win, that's pretty clear as well as Skupin right ? so it leaves one of the girls. Who would you consider ? I still want Denise !!!!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast