Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    genevieve, ITA with your entire post.

re Abi's "honesty" - I thought it was really telling about her character when she said that if she lied long enough about her fake idol, people would believe it, and that she was even starting to believe it herself. I've known a few people like that - they so want to convince you of something that they do actually start to believe their own lies. It would certainly explain how she was completely oblivious to the fact that she betrayed RC, not the other way around.

re the idea that Malcolm would give Denise his HII - first, I'm thinking not. He's very loyal to her, but not enough to give up his idol when he knows he's a target whose name has been written down before. Plus, the bonus would be that he eliminates her as competition, and keeps his hands clean. BUT - for the others, I also can't believe they didn't discuss not just this possibility, but that Malcolm would play it himself.

I wondered if they would approach Carter, who I think might've told Abi, and then she would have likely leveraged the info to fully split the alliance of 4, with her coming up roses. Based on the previews, maybe that's exactly what she's about to do.

Which brings me to the previews from last week . Do the network people or production people who cut those even watch the show? Malcolm's brother was a goof, but zero threat to his game. Don't get me started on last week's previews of Nashville, which comprised entirely of cuts from the last five minutes of this week's show.

re Carter - you are exactly right. They could have brought him along, and still beat him on the basis of gameplay, keeping their high ground intact. Slight danger that his old pals Jeff and Penner would vote for him, but I do think Penner will vote for the best player, and if the others are bitter against you they're going to be bitter either way.

Also agree re Lisa's spirituality. So, so different than the prayer circles of previous years. She just, such a darn nice person!

Interesting to think that Denise knows who Lisa is. It would be truly nasty to out her at final TC, but what if she was crafty about it when asked why she (Denise) deserves the money and the title of Survivor. She could say something relatively innocent like "she's had her moment in the spotlight, and I really need this money." For those who know who she is, it gets the point through (especially if they assume she's still got money); for those who don't, it plants a seed that maybe she's got money or something else is going on. We didn't know Denise told Penner (until Prancer told us), so I wouldn't be surprised if she told Malcolm too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    BTW, Lisa may be the only person* in the history of Survivor or other competitive reality shows who is shown talking about her faith in a way that is not irritating. Her beliefs clearly run strong and deep, but her faith isn't about what god can do for her, it's about what she can do with god. It's refreshing. She is fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Also agree re Lisa's spirituality. So, so different than the prayer circles of previous years. She just, such a darn nice person!
    I started to cheer when she said that God isn't going to help one person win over the other, that he doesn't work like that. I might not agree with her beliefs, but I can absolutely respect them (something I've said about people in real life, but rarely, if ever, a reality show contestant).

On the reward picks, I thought that Malcolm's picks would have been good if they were going away on a reward - that way, he leaves Denise at camp to keep an eye on Carter and Abi while he bonds with their F4 alliance-mates. We've seen many other people make the mistake of bringing their allies on rewards and leaving too many people to plot back at camp. As a fan of the show, Malcolm would have seen that too...the problem was that going back to camp with the loved ones makes it not as bad to reward your number one ally, and I agree that in this case, he should have picked Denise over Skupin.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I did wonder if he and Denise have ever discussed this..she looked bummed to not be picked but she could have been hamming it up. She certainly didn't seem mad afterwards.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I was so ready for Abi to be gone from my TV. I think if she wins, I will be done with Survivor. Not that it hasn't been entertaining, but she really does seem like a nasty, clueless person to me, and I don't need to watch that any more. Of course i have been sucked in to this season so I can't stop right now!

I think I am still rooting for Malcolm and would be okay with Denise or even Skupin winning. Lisa is annoying to me as well, with all her whining about whether she can play the game, how she should play the game, and so on. And the prayer that they did was still annoying to me. Well, we know God is not going to help one person to win but we'll ask him to bless our plan anyway.

vCash
    It's been a half a week and I am still chuckling of Malcolm's comment of, "[Abi]'s so annoying around camp, she's like a soul-sucker. She's like the dementors from Harry Potter." .............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    It's been a half a week and I am still chuckling of Malcolm's comment of, "[Abi]'s so annoying around camp, she's like a soul-sucker. She's like the dementors from Harry Potter." .............
    I thought I heard it wrong, but it seems not
    That episode left me with something of a question mark. Abi can't win. I think the boys can't win. So it'll be beyond Lisa and Denise IMO.
    I like both, but Denise should win or I'll kill Jeff !!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I thought I heard it wrong, but it seems not
    That episode left me with something of a question mark. Abi can't win. I think the boys can't win. So it'll be beyond Lisa and Denise IMO.
    I like both, but Denise should win or I'll kill Jeff !!!
    Probst or Kent?

vCash
    Both
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    The final 5 are going to be on the Jeff Probst Show today. Short notice, as it airs in a half hour here, but figured I'd post in hopes that some of y'all can catch it

vCash
    Jeff Probst has a show? On regular tv?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    You don't remember him pimping it out at the last finale?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    And didn't they move around the production schedule to accommodate his show schedule?

vCash
    I must have blocked the pimpage.

seriously, what channel is it on?

vCash
    It's on the FOX entertainment channel here.
    I caught the last few minutes of the show today. Abi had lots of make-up on and still looked mean.

vCash
    CBS here. Daytime television. Dull as dishwater.

vCash
    I tivo'd it. Will watch when I have a chance.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    This isn't relevant to this season, but it's Survivor gossip and I think it's kind of LOL; I've been meaning to post it for a while, but kept forgetting.

Remember when David Murphy of Survivor: Redemption Island proposed to Carolina Eastwood of Survivor: Tocantins on the reunion show? She seemed less than thrilled and everyone wondered if it would last?

They have broken up--because David was sneaking around with Alicia Rosa, the special ed teacher from last season. Carolina found out when she went through the text messages on his cell phone (am I the only person who deletes messages every day as a matter of course?) and took it to Facebook, where it dragged on for a while. Alicia swore that David told her he had broken up with Carolina; Carolina sneered that she knew better because she read the texts, bitch! David has been completely silent, just as you would expect.

And yet, Jeff didn't have them all on his show.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    It's on the FOX entertainment channel here.
    I caught the last few minutes of the show today. Abi had lots of make-up on and still looked mean.
    There is an article in this week's EW about a movie with Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogen - lots pics. One in particular makes Babs look a lot like Abi. Now, la Streisand does look pretty good, but...the woman is 70 and has had a LOT of plastic surgery and it shows.

Prancer: zOMG! is that on Sucks?

vCash
    Spoiler about next season. (includes a spoiler about this season too!)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Prancer: zOMG! is that on Sucks?
    It was on Sucks a while back, but not in the Spoilers or show discussion forum--I think in their version of OTBT? But there was a thread about Survivor couples and who was still together and who wasn't, and I think it was included in that.

It's also on David, Carolina and Alicia's Survivor Wiki pages and there are some links, but I didn't check them out .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast