Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    On the preview it looks like Penner will go for broke. Will he win immunity?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    a la Shii Ann in the first Survivor ASS? But that wuold only buy him a week (er...3 days). le sigh
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    lol. Poor Shii Ann. I liked her.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm not looking forward to the Penner explosion next week - makes me think it's his last hurrah. Was really hoping we could get yet another cross-tribe alliance going (Penner/Skupin) for some verrry interesting moves, but it looks like Penner will just blast Skupin.
    If everyone told Penner that Skupin/RC were joining him/Jeff/Carter/Denise and voting for Pete, then he knows immediately that Skupin deceived him -which given that Penner reached out to him and offered to bring him in, I can see where he'd be mad. Mind you, he should know enough about Survivor by now not to make it personal, but to use the information and move on. He's also got to be pissed at Jeff, because he trusted him with the idol info, and it's now clear that Jeff used that against him and masterminded the split vote.

Hopefully they've done one of their usual overblown promos, and Penner keeps his cool for the most part. There are still a lot of cracks he could be working, and it's a long 3 days to the next TC.

Surprising that no one seems to be thinking that Denise and Malcolm would work together - Jeff/Carter/Penner certainly weren't considering it, thinking Denise is with them.

Also, a bit annoyed that suddenly Penner just knew about Lisa and was talking openly about it. I guess they didn't catch the moment when he told her he knows who she is on camera, but they could have filled it in with a confessional from either of them. If you are going to have celebrities hiding their identities, you need to give us the payoff when someone IDs them. Of course Penner was likely to figure it out given his age and that he's worked in Hollywood for decades, but I feel deprived of a moment there.

vCash
    I thought that WAS Penner's way of telling her he knew...I think if there's beeen a big "zOMG you're BLAIR WARNER" we would have seen it, and it's totally Penner's style to just sidle up with the info as if it's no big deal.

Surprising that no one seems to be thinking that Denise and Malcolm would work together
    I was shocked that Malcolm flat out told Lisa about it that could be some very useful info for her if she uses it correctly.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Yeah I wondered that, but then we missed Lisa's reaction - where was the confessional? Guess I've just been waiting for this, and Dawson knowing Jeff already fizzled, and then this was less than dramatik. Didn't help that my tv listing said "Lisa is confronted by her celebrity past," which sounds much more exciting than what actually happened.

And yes, Malcolm does seem to have a soft spot for the older ladies

vCash
    This older lady has a thing for Malcolm too.

vCash
    I have to agree, it was nice to finally have someone play the HII and have it make a difference.

And it's fun to see that Lisa is really getting into the game. She seems like a really decent person (that usually doesn't bode well for game play, save JT) and I hope she goes far, though I doubt she will make the finals.

Not as impressed with Skupin's gameplay, though I am glad he made the merge.

I'm really enjoying this season. You have some villians, some heroes, and quite a few under the radar. I mean, how many words have we actually heard Artis say? Other than objecting to the trade off during the reward challenge, he's been pretty mute.

A long ways to go, should be quite a ride.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I was completely confuzzled by Jeff's strategy and was yelling at the TV through the whole broadcast. You are in the minority tribe. You KNOW that the majority tribe will pick off the minority tribe after the merge unless the minority tribe can find a way to break up the majority tribe. The majority tribe breaks and you find yourself with a way to make the majority tribe the minority tribe--and instead of doing this, you decide to join forces with the majority tribe against a loyal tribemate.

Why not just vote yourself out and save everyone else the trouble?

The majority tribe, of course, is delighted to take an HII out of play and block their outcasts from joining the minority tribe, so they fall in with your plan. But as soon as they do, Penner's threat factor drops; he's not a challenge hog and he's not popular. And who does the majority tribe always target after a merge? The strongest immunity threats from the minority tribe. And who would that be, who would that be.......why, look at the finalists in the first post-merge immunity challenge! Three members of the minority tribe! Denise is a female, so she won't be the first target. But Jeff and Carter? My money is on them to go just as soon as they don't win immunity.

And I'm not the only one who thinks so; Artis pretty much lays it out on Insider just as I saw it.

Jeff is an idiot. I will scream if Penner doesn't outlast him.

ETA: Paid a visit to Sucks and saw a Jonathan tweet: Jeff (and carter) are taking the flak, but was denise who stayed w malcom and when she wouldn't vote w us, skup and RC, our plan fell apart

Cursed editing!

He also said that the original name of the merged tribe was F*ckingrayne because it had been raining for so many days in a row, but the producers told them no.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    It certainly was suspicious that we didn't see ANY conversations with Denise about the vote...

Jeff Anytime a player is completely obsessed with getting rid of one particular person, not because of that person's game play (in the CURRENT game) but because of some superficial reason, they are playing a losing game. The biggest skill needed in Survivor is the ability to shift your game on a dime based on what's going on on the ground; focusing on petty reasons to get rid of someone shuts out all the other critical information. I had hopes for Jeff when he made the (temporary) alliance with Penner, thinking he could adapt his game, but no.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    ETA: Paid a visit to Sucks and saw a Jonathan tweet: Jeff (and carter) are taking the flak, but was denise who stayed w malcom and when she wouldn't vote w us, skup and RC, our plan fell apart

Cursed editing!
    So Denise and Malcolm are now outed? Dumb move on their part if so - because as long as neither of them is in danger, there's no need to vote together. If Pete was the target, so be it - he's got to go at some point, so why not now. They could have straddled both alliances for a time, sharing info, keeping each other off the block.

vCash
    Line of the season, for me, from Malcolm in regards to Lisa finding his immunity idol: "Hallelujah, the church lady found it.. hopefully she has a heart!" I had to pause the video until I could stop laughing.

vCash
    I'm loving this season. There's so many small alliances and free agents, each week it can go any way. This episode was so suspenseful to me, by the time everyone was walking to tribal I couldn't take it anymore and had to fast forward to the vote.

I hope the Abi, Pete, Artis alliance doesn't take control of the game. They're so unpleasant. The other 7 are all fun to watch though. Even Jeff's vacant manbot friend is fascinating to me. I wonder if he can make it the whole season without his face showing an actual expression.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I hope the Abi, Pete, Artis alliance doesn't take control of the game. They're so unpleasant. The other 7 are all fun to watch though. Even Jeff's vacant manbot friend is fascinating to me. I wonder if he can make it the whole season without his face showing an actual expression.
    I agree. I thought last episode was everyone's chance to break that up. BUT...getting rid of unlikeable people is a stupid movie. Good game play is to get rid of likeable people who can take votes from you with their likeability factor. The smartest gameplay is to take two a**-****s with you to the final tribal council. That said, it's not fun to have to watch smug, nasty people like these three every week. Unless two of them (Abi and Pete?) get to the end and don't get a single vote. I would love to see that!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    After last week episode, I'm beginning to feel sure that Denise will win it. She must. She is amazing in all the possible ways IMO.
    And Malcolm could help her there. I am praying !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, Jeff, & Penner winning reward <3 Final 5, plz! Denise, Lisa, Malcolm for F3, plz!

Lisa's in this to win it Denise is a rockstar

vCash
    Complete strategy clusterfeck!! When's the last time we saw something like this with people going in SO many directions?! I love it! The 3-tribe format this season really has broken up the dominant 5-person alliance and it's great.

vCash
    I loved the boot!

Eh?
    vCash
    Jeff (the ball player) revealed what a twit he is in his exit interview. Blech.

So glad that Lisa really seems to be playing now. I just wish that she and hottie Malcolm were aligned.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    That was such a strange Tribal Council. Lisa just really lays it all out there, doesn't she? And they were all openly scrambling right there until the end.

Penner obviously threw away his vote on Abi, but why? Avoiding a tie or just letting the chips fall where they may? I really wish they still showed the vote comments on Insider.

I really like Penner, so I was glad to see him win immunity. It was kind of funny to see him greet RC at TC--the two of them are apparently really tight, but it was never shown on the show and then suddenly, there he is being the only one who seems happy to see her. Weird editing.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast