Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I can't stand Abi. Ergo, Abi will be there for a long time.

Sneaky Pete! Making the game interesting in an evil but much more subtle way than Russell the Troll.

Russell the Stupid is a real piece of work. I hope he means it when he says he is done with the game. If he doesn't, I hope Survivor is done with him.

The Sucksters are all going crazy over Russell's comments about Denise at final tribal council and are proclaiming a winner's edit. Don't get excited; the edgic people are always wrong. But it was interesting that Denise is seen as such a likeable person. I always wondered how a therapist would do on this show.

Almost forgot, but PML at the part where Russell was walking around looking for the idol saying that he was sure the cameras were filming him walking right past it (Russell walks right past the idol), looking for it in the wrong place while there's a big flash on the idol (idol flashes) and so on. That was positively TAR-like .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I always wondered how a therapist would do on this show.
    Me too. Years ago I thought it would be fun to cast a bunch of people who each had some sort of talent or edge that could help their game - psychologist, triathlete, puzzle champion, lawyer, politician, PR person, professional con artist, outdoors person, someone native to the place they are playing, a pakour (sp?), a detective, etc etc.

Almost forgot, but PML at the part where Russell was walking around looking for the idol saying that he was sure the cameras were filming him walking right past it (Russell walks right past the idol), looking for it in the wrong place while there's a big flash on the idol (idol flashes) and so on. That was positively TAR-like .
    I know! I remember once you shared with us that players in the past have said that within a few days they don't even notice the cameras, but as he was saying it and running around looking I thought, "gee, why don't you follow the sights of the camera that's filming you right now?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    But it was interesting that Denise is seen as such a likeable person. I always wondered how a therapist would do on this show.
    I'm actually surprised that they actually cast a likeable, apparently competent therapist. It seems like usually when they cast people like that (whether for Survivor or other reality shows), you wonder how on earth they can actually do their jobs because they come across so terribly on TV. What I'm most impressed about is that she managed to get Russell on her side to vote for Malcolm...given what a mysogynist Russell has been, I was sure he was going to vote out Denise in a "gotta keep the strength" vote, so well-done by Denise!

I've been loving the Denise-Malcolm alliance from the beginning, so I'm glad they stuck it through together. I hope we don't see an Ulong situation where the tribe goes down to one, as I'd rather watch the tribe vote someone out than a fire-making competition.

Things are finally starting to get interesting with the dynamics on the other two tribes. I actually did feel sorry for RC. Not sure I would like her in real life, but I don't mind her as a game player. She keeps trying to do all the right things in her alliance with Abi, but Abi apparently has the emotional intelligence of a 5 year-old and there is just no reasoning with her. I'm glad Penner has some alliance-mates now, but I just wish I liked them better.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Me too. Years ago I thought it would be fun to cast a bunch of people who each had some sort of talent or edge that could help their game - psychologist, triathlete, puzzle champion, lawyer, politician, PR person, professional con artist, outdoors person, someone native to the place they are playing, a pakour (sp?), a detective, etc etc.
    I would loooooove that!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Poor Dana.

If I were Dawson, I would have departed with a question at large, "Why don't you ask Jeff about his NBA days?"

ETA Oops - I meant his pro baseball days. Got NBA on the brain since the season has just started.
    Last edited by Rogue; 10-18-2012 at 05:21 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    then he could honestly answer he was never in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Poor Dana.

If I were Dawson, I would have departed with a question at large, "Why don't you ask Jeff about his NBA days?"
    Last edited by my little pony; 10-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Yeah I was for Dana that whole ep - she really, really wanted to play poor thing. It was nice to see everyone rally around her too - big points for Penner in my book.

Also, apparently I was wrong last week about the potential women's alliance on the red tribe. In the edit, we saw Dana doing all the talking while Dawson and Katie looked off into space, so I thought they were just going along with her when they'd really rather be with the men, but both said this time that they were aligned. Mind you, the second Dana was gone that crumbled, they didn't bother trying to get Denise on board (not that we saw at least), and Katie went with the flow and voted out Dawson. I figured Denise would hook up with the men anyway.

As for Dawson, badly played. I'm not sure when all the baseball taunting was, but if it was after they lost the challenge, then she was building her own coffin because of course Jeff would target her now - when he might have targeted Katie who was the biggest drag on the challenge, or the newbie and future threat Denise. And why didn't she take him aside, tell him what she knew? She could have tried to buy his protection, but from what we can tell, she didn't. On her way out, that skary stalker look she gave Jeff before she mauled him was something - no wonder she didn't have it together to take a parting shot.

And I can't believe I was feeling a bit sorry for RC again - she's really in a fix now. Mind you, I think that tribe remains quite volatile and things could easily shift.

Overall, I have to give points to the casting department this season. With just a couple of exceptions, it's an interesting group this time, and the majority really want to be there and know how to play. Loving it so far!

vCash
    Pete: "Hey, Malcolm! I don't really know much about you or what kind of player you are, but let me tell you all about this tribe and the alliances. And by the way, my alliance has an immunity idol!"

Malcolm: "Yeah? Cool." -completely avoids mentioning his own idol-

I really like Malcolm.

Boy, I worried that Denise would be toast if her tribe had to go to tribal council. I'm so glad I was wrong about that. It sure would be nice to see her actually get to win something for once, although at this point she'd probably collapse from the shock if it actually happened.

And Penner was so, so sweet when he was comforting Dana. He's such a dad.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Cynic I was surprised that Pete told all to Malcolm too as I thought he had more game than that. However, Malcolm also said that everyone was coming up to him - so maybe Pete felt that there was enough competition that he had to sweeten the deal to get Malcolm onside?

That would also support the idea that that tribe remains volatile - it was Pete himself that said alliances are only good on the day they're made.

vCash
    I agree that Penner was great with Dana...reminded me of why I like him, even if he's not always a great player. I did think the section was a little bit weirdly edited, like Jeff really wanted to make it clear that she was deciding to quit and not being pulled by medical. Given the sympathy that has been shown to other med-evacs lately, it seemed a bit off to show this tiny girl who was clearly sick and struggling as a semi-quitter.

Love Malcolm and Denise, too, and thrilled to see that neither of them seem to be targets on their new tribes. I'm also glad we didn't have to see them go down to a tribe of one.

vCash
    Yes, there were a lot of strange happenings in this week's episode:

1) Why, oh why didn't Dawson make it known who Jeff was? Perhaps she might have deflected some of the heat away from herself. Just like the tribe originally didn't want Penner to win because he's already had 2 shots, surely they would have had something to say about a former MLB playing. Not that I don't like Jeff. He's a nice guy, but an obvious threat that needs to be neutralized. I did have to laugh at her in her exit interview though, telling Jeff what she wanted from him for her "help" in getting him to the million.

2) Pete is a cocky son of a gun. I understand him wanting to gain Malcolm's trust, but to tell him about the idol was just foolery. It's going to come back to bite him. That entire RC/Abi situation is going to be really ugly when they finally get to tribal. Malcolm couldn't have played it any better by keeping his own idol a secret and just finding a way into the tribe. It didn't even look hard.....very smooth.

3) Poor Dana. She's got heart. I hate to see when players have strong spirits and their bodies can't live up.

4) Malcolm and Denise have been reborn. Love it. And even though Denise's tribe lost, I was really glad to see that her new tribe sees her as an asset, not a liability and that they are willing to keep her around. She's going to be dangerous when she gets to the merge.

5) I loved how Jeff called Abi out for only participating in 2 challenges. RC is physically a stronger player. It will be interesting to see how much longer she lasts, even with an idol. She's not a nice person.....complaining because someone pulled her hair....she's a whiner and a paranoid nut. She's already told us that she's twisted her knee twice. What reason do they have to keep her? RC irritated me a little bit in the beginning, but Abi is just a waste of space. Can we get rid of her?

6) Am I the only one pulling for Lisa to end up in the final? I really like her....and she's really smart, doing well with the puzzle challenges. It's also interesting that Scubin is the only one who recognizes her and the tribe wants him gone. I'm really starting to like her chances.
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 10-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

From the Bloc
    vCash
    One reason to keep Abby is she's a good shield, and if you want to cause a distraction or stir things up to keep attention away from yourself or your actions, she's the ideal starting point. Not sure why Pete is so adamant on getting RC out, but it may very well be because she is an individual challenge threat, and because Pete saw her making alliances early. I'm assuming he wants Skupin out for the popularity factor - that if he makes it to the end, the jury will likely love him. Pete likely doesn't consider Abby any kind of threat - not in challenges, she's not that bright, people don't like her - she's actually an ideal partner, other than being so volatile.

vCash
    I wasn't keen on Katie, but I like that she owned her doing poorly in the challenge.
    also interesting editing - Denise aligning with the guys. Did the girls even approach here? the 3-3 split - Denise & Malcolm are useful!
    And I am also very happy that Denise & Malcolm are doing well so far on their new tribes. Malcolm continues to impress, he is very smart and knows how to play.
    Good point about keeping Abi. It will not take much to set her off.
    Penner was so sweet with Dana. Maybe she will come back another season. She seemed like a good player of what we saw.
    Dawson - what a nut job. So funny how she hugged Jeff at the end. I too found it interesting that she said nothing about Jeff K. Wonder if anyone else knows who he is?? Maybe on the other tribe.
    I am rooting for Lisa as well. She seems so nice and normal, plus always got to root for someone who is a fan of the show. She might be able to stay under the radar, let the physical ones and Abis get kicked out first.
    Wonder when the merge is? Now down to 12.
    Like last week, I am still rooting for Malcolm, Denise, Penner, Lisa, ande Jeff. Intrigued by Pete.

vCash
    Dawson's exit was creepy and hilarious! I found it funnier that before she hugged and kissed Jeff she stared dagger at him like she was going to cut him down!

Also I agree this week that Jeff's constant singling people out was weird. He went on and on about Katie's poor performance was why they lagged behind in each phase of the immunity challenge.

I'm totally rooting for Malcolm and Denise, really reminded me of Tina and Colby. Hope they both can go far!

vCash
    My thought on Jeff singling out Abi and Katie in the challenge was to give Malcom and Denise a chance on their new tribes because Malcom and Denise give 110% and Jeff likes that sort of player. By repeating it constantly he plants the seed with both teams that there may be a weaker person to get rid instead of the easy choice of voting off the new kid.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm wondering if Jeff gets on everyone's case. Then when editing time comes around, the editors selectively use just one little bit of what he says to make us think one person might be the one targeted to be voted off, but it's actually someone else. All done for "dramatic purposes".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok, I knew this was coming, but my worst nightmare in one episode! Malcolm is the one to find the HII, and Denise goes to the tribe where other favorite player Dana has to leave due to illness. HUGE BUMMER

Now that Malcolm is feeling like a winner, he's cocky and not so likeable. I had a feeling about him when he was whining about normally being a winner a few weeks out. Ugh, WHY couldn't Denise have found the idol?

Pete is doing very well, but I don't particularly like him, and I flat out hate Abi.

Good for Skupin for figuring out the trick to the reward challenge - throw your statue high in the air and knock your opponent's statue off before yours hits the ground. Most of the wins after that came from those who employed the same strategy. Poor Dana having to go against whatsisname (seriously - what is his name?).

Penner continues to impress. Talk about NOT GIVING UP. He took over when Jeff was flagging on the rope and got through it quickly, and he almost managed to get the win out from under the yellow tribe. Plus he provided good commentary and great support for Dana while she was so sick. I've been a fan of his and continue to be - I would love to see him make it very far in the game, along with Denise and Lisa, and even RC, although there is no way that's happening.

PML at the dramatik slo mo editing when they were previewing how the immunity challenge would work.

Dawson was useless. Her baseball chit chat was stupid. It sounded like coy flirting, not strategy to unnerve Jeff. And her stalker behavior with Probst as she left He may need to file a restraining order.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I so hope Malcolm and Denise are reunited and finish in the final 3. I so hope
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Katie's boot was rather meh, but the bargaining over the reward challenge was interesting. On one hand, you had the red team devouring this pile of food, then moaning about how hungry they were. On the other tribe, you have everyone bitching about the trade, especially when they realized that they only got one extra day's worth of rice, which I thought was pretty funny of Penner--he had to be gambling that they would merge soon since their supply was so low. And it looks like he was right, because it looks like next week is the merge.

The yellow team has been so dominant, but there are lots of divisions there that the red team might be able to exploit--and Denise and Malcolm will be reunited. And there are three HIIs in play! I see some tasty plottin' and schemin' coming.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ugh, people making a big show of "I'll go with whatever everyone else wants to do" and then complaining that it was absolutely the wrong thing to do! That's how we ended up with that tribe giving up their immunity last season to kick off one of their own!

But eys, that was great of Penner. And I almost fell for it and thought he was a goner tonight - except there's no effing way he could have heard She-Dana's "Katie or Penner?" slip up without knowing something was up. The fact that we didn't see him scrambling or talking about it gave me hope that he wasn't going. Katie was completely useless, so no loss there.

I'm a little annoyed at Probst about his calling in that immunity challenge - first, he lumps RC with Katie on one turn where they both missed - but RC caught one earlier in the challenge. I think her ability in challenges is seriously underappreciated. At least by Probst, which isn't a surprise. Second - he creams himself congratulating Malcolm, but gives no love to Lisa, who did a great job in that challenge. Plus, she looked like she was having a blast. And who thought she'd be capable of holding Denise down in the reward challenge? I certainly didn't. Go Lisa!

Jeff continuing to call out Abi's non-performance in challenges, though? Rocks. I wonder if we'll have some sort of new rule next time about how many challenges a person can sit out in a season.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast