Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Denise is a fecking ROCKSTAR! Can we just have a tribe of her and Malcolm, please? I'm convinced they'd be competitive without the rest of the idiots.. aka Russell who has been one big colossal disappointment. He said that diving down 10 feet isn't his strength. Well neither is assigning positions for relay challenges, and neither is selecting rewards that will benefit your tribe the most... I really don't know if he has any strengths, because we certainly haven't seen any of them.

I love how after the challenge, Angie came up to Denise and Malcolm and said "this is such a tough decision tonight!" with Russell being the only tribe member not standing right there.

Liking Jeff a whole lot more than I thought I would. He's pretty smart, and I kind of 'ed at his 4-finger handshake explanation afterwards.

Can't wait for the epic bitchfight between Abi and RC that's bound to come soon. I highly doubt that the news about the HII will be kept secret with Abi's big mouth. I think she's the first person in the history of Survivor to find the idol and then proceed to shout, "OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND THE IDOL!!!!!!" I'm surprised no one else heard her, sheesh.

I am looooving this season so far.

vCash
    I couldn't believe how strong Denise was! LOVE!
    Russell pisses me off for so many reasons. He has the clue for the HI and hasn't looked for it? What a waste.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I did think the double dealing on the yellow tribe was interesting. It looked like it was going to be all about RC and Abby, with celebrities Lisa and Mike on the sidelines, but out of nowhere we suddenly have Pete getting hard core on us.

Firstly, Abby should not have told him about the HI clue - RC found it, so in an alliance, she's the one who should have decide who and when others would be informed.

Then there's Pete saying the very true "alliances are only good on the day they are formed" - so true. Every since Richard Hatch players here and on BB have been overly focused on the word alliance without really dedicating themselves to what it means. Most of the time it mean nothing.

Then, he immediately goes off to Lisa with his new knowledge (which I don't think he shared) and lays out a completely different scenario than the one Abby thinks he has with RC and Artis! Total lone wolf, until of course he's right behind Abby finding that HI.

I would love to know the rules on HI. I get the impression that players are no supposed to search other player's bags - otherwise why would Penner feel safe putting his in his bag? But what about when they hide it in the woods? In theory, you could say Pete cannot steal it now. But what if another player finds it, not knowing who found it and hid it in the first place? Could Pete sortakinda lead Lisa in the right direction to "find" it?

And finally, while I'm on that tribe, along with Russell reminding us why we had all written him out of our minds last time with an increasingly disappointing performance, now we have the Boar Killer Fire Face Hero years ago turn out to be the biggest klutz on the planet, and for me at least, no more than comic relief. Only Penner seems to actually belong there - ironically I thought the one who shouldn't be there because it's a 3rd chance not a second, but seeing him in action, I want him there now, and I want him to go far.

vCash
    Luv Denise!!! She and Malcolm have a great alliance, and they might get split up??
    Russell - what a waste. So true what was said before that it looks like Penner, who initially seemed the least deserving of the returnees is playing the best of the 3!
    So true - Angie got too much screen time. But at least Malcolm was not blinded by her.
    Jeff - I am liking him, smart guy.
    They showed a little of the other 2 tribes, wish there was more. Pete is playing.
    Abi - please get voted out soon!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Liking Jeff a whole lot more than I thought I would. He's pretty smart, and I kind of 'ed at his 4-finger handshake explanation afterwards.
    I thought that was pretty pathetic, myself. "Where I come from it's not a deal unless it was a manly handshake". Is it manly to lie where you come from? It sounded like an eight year old child who felt that what they said didn't count because they had their fingers crossed behind their back.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I thought that was pretty pathetic, myself. "Where I come from it's not a deal unless it was a manly handshake". Is it manly to lie where you come from? It sounded like an eight year old child who felt that what they said didn't count because they had their fingers crossed behind their back.
    ITA. I thought it was pretty wtf myself.

vCash
    It was WTF, but I just found it hilarious. I have an abnormal sense of humor.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    We go through this nonsense on BB all the time, with people inside and outside the house arguing over the validity of handshakes, pinky swears, swearing on the bible/your spouse/your children/your mother/your grandfather's cross/your wedding ring, and one's "word."

It's a game where lying and betrayal are completely within the rules, and often a necessary part of the game. Why anyone feels it necessary to give themselves a way out (like this bizarre form of handshake, or crossing your fingers, or saying that swearing on your wife is OK because you are playing for the benefit of both of you) is beyond me, and even more so, why any players get upset when these promises are broken is beyond me. It's a GAME.

Wil, one of this year's BB players who went home early, said it best at the finale (paraphrasing): Quit bitching that you were lied to - take some responsibility and accept that you fell for it.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's worse on the red team - we only know Penner and the baseball player - the rest are people who apparently hide in the cave and just show up in the background at challenges.
    I was pretty startled during the intro last night at just how many people I didn't recognize. Who the heck are those people?

I would love to know the rules on HI. I get the impression that players are no supposed to search other player's bags - otherwise why would Penner feel safe putting his in his bag? But what about when they hide it in the woods?
    They are not allowed to take each other's stuff, so if Penner has it in his bag, it's his and even if they find it in his bag (remember Gabon? And didn't a tribe also go through Yau Man's bag looking in Yau Man's first season?), they can't take it.

But someone asked Jeff last season what would happen if a player hid the HII in the woods and another player found it, and Jeff said, well, that would be interesting, because it wouldn't be in anyone's possession and so it would be fair game.

Whether that's actually in the rules or not, I don't know; Jeff sometimes talks off the top of his head. But I would think that the producers would looooooooooooooooooooooooooove it if someone found an HII another player had buried.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Whether that's actually in the rules or not, I don't know; Jeff sometimes talks off the top of his head. But I would think that the producers would looooooooooooooooooooooooooove it if someone found an HII another player had buried.
    I would love it even more if Pete got someone else to "find" it

It would be relatively easy - he just needs to explain it to Lisa or whoever when there are no cameras around, arrange to go picking berries or something with them, casually drop a pre-arranged signal for the other person to see then or later, and send that person off to retrieve it on a supposed latrine or water trip. The whole thing could happen off camera, before TPTB had a chance to make any decisions about it.

How cool would it be if the bitchy young girls try to vote off Lisa, and she comes out with an HI that no one knew she had??

What actually happens is likely to be more boring.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's a game where lying and betrayal are completely within the rules, and often a necessary part of the game. Why anyone feels it necessary to give themselves a way out (like this bizarre form of handshake, or crossing your fingers, or saying that swearing on your wife is OK because you are playing for the benefit of both of you) is beyond me, and even more so, why any players get upset when these promises are broken is beyond me. It's a GAME.
    I agree. People take pride in being honest and having integrity...and get kicked out pretty quick. But if you're going to make an a**hole move, own it. Let's face it, the a**holes are the ones who most often win these games, not those who "stayed true to themselves". But for Jeff to say this move made him "manly" instead of a "proud liar" is what got to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    It was WTF, but I just found it hilarious. I have an abnormal sense of humor.
    If you look at it from the point of view that Jeff is somewhat delusional, I can see the humour in that. I'm just looking forward to seeing his manly exit from the game.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Finally! Got to see some other tribe dynamics instead of the pathetic lump that is the blue tribe.

yellow is indeed interesting. I'm already over Abi. I think whoever asked if she has more male friends than female ones is right - she seems like someone who stays away from other women "because of the drama", but she's the one who causes ALL the drama Seeing RC trying to reason with her was funny...I feel bad for her, because she's got some strategy going on, and - forget Denise, RC was the freakin' ROCK STAR in the challenge - she took 3 consecutive trips. I can't believe no one else caught on how much time you save when the person doesn't have to get out of the water and tag out - but she hitched her wagon to the unstable drama girl who has fabricated a lack of trust to validate her own deception....I think the only way RC survives this is to get Abi out before the merge, and I don't know if that's possible now.

And that kid - Pete? where did he come from? Interesting that he took Lisa aside and wants to keep her. Of course it's at the expense of Skupin and RC, but yes, I'd love for him to get the idol and hand it to Lisa Based on the very little we've heard from Artis, I can see why he hasn't gotten any air time.

Good move by Penner to connect with Jeff, and just when I was starting to like Jeff he pulls that douchey "manly handshake pinky swear" crap. Happy to see Dana also did well in the challenge, and her twin brother said something this ep, even though I immediately forgot what it was.

OH BLUE TRIBE

once again, a tale of three losers and poor Denise. Malcolm did fine at this challenge (tho not as well as Denise), but he's a much better whiner than competitor. Russell I was afraid he was going to faint into the water. He WAS right to point out that it's better to abandon what you're doing and go back so someone else can try to catch up, but the way he did it was so weird it was almost ineffective. But Angie is just too immature for this game. And it's not just her age...she is just too immature to know anything about what giving it your all really is. And I would swear that she did say she couldn't do it when her turn came again, but whatever. I'm glad she's gone, and continue to hope Denise finds some way to stay in this game for the long haul.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I would love it even more if Pete got someone else to "find" it

It would be relatively easy - he just needs to explain it to Lisa or whoever when there are no cameras around, arrange to go picking berries or something with them, casually drop a pre-arranged signal for the other person to see then or later, and send that person off to retrieve it on a supposed latrine or water trip. The whole thing could happen off camera, before TPTB had a chance to make any decisions about it.

How cool would it be if the bitchy young girls try to vote off Lisa, and she comes out with an HI that no one knew she had??

What actually happens is likely to be more boring.

I would LOVE for this to happen!!!

Wish they would have gotten rid of Russell. He's even more useless than Angie. I would have hung on to Angie one more week and hope for some kind of merge into two teams.

Man I hate it when I have to catch up on my shows and miss the commentary until I have watched.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    RC was the freakin' ROCK STAR in the challenge - she took 3 consecutive trips. I can't believe no one else caught on how much time you save when the person doesn't have to get out of the water and tag out -
    Indeed, that was all but overlooked in the edit - did her team even notice??

And I did wonder about that strategy, in fact I was surprised that you could pick and choose who went - would have been nice if they explained that, no?

For Russell's second disastrous try, I'm pretty sure Denise was ready to go and he insisted - I don't know why they didn't just have Denise go several times in a row with the tag up, because she was clearly very, very fast and could have caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I would have hung on to Angie one more week and hope for some kind of merge into two teams.
    Angie would have been good past merge, because she seems nice and loyal and would have likely stayed true to Malcolm and Denise, without even realizing she was third wheel in the alliance. Although why they think Russell is the better challenge bet is beyond me - he clearly has zero endurance, plus is continual bad judgement and lack of team is a huge liability.

I wonder if they lose again, if they will just split Malcolm and Denise with the other two tribes? If Russell finds the HI, it will be a crime if one of those two goes instead. Malcolm and Denise better smarten up and get on that.

vCash
    As much as tonight's show outcome was predictable, it was pretty entertaining.
    Oh Russell - what an arrogant ass! So glad you are gone.
    And after a TC where all 3 were nice to each other, he doesn't even say good bye. Even Angie had a more mature exit.
    Malcolm - is almost too good to be true. For such a young guy, besides being cute, social and physically capable is smart and very aware of his surroundings. Hope he goes far. And Denise is still awesome.
    Malcolm and Denise have a real alliance, it will be interesting to see how it progresses. If they are split up and survive to the merge - could be awesome.
    And some action in the other tribes....
    Abi & RC - being played by Pete (?) or whatever his name. Hee hee. And Lisa will provide extra oxygen for those 2 girls to get themselves voted out. Lisa just seems like a sweetie.
    Interesting developments with the guys vs girls on Penner's tribe. Don't remember seeing Carter before tonight. Jeff's baseball skills got themin 2nd!

vCash
    Soooo glad rASSell is gone! One veteran down! I think Denise & Malcolm may be one of my favorite pairings we've had in recent memory. I sooo hope they can survive to the merge together. I'm betting there's going to be some sort of tribal mix-up next week, my betting would be that each tribe will get one of Malcolm and Denise, but who knows.

for Denise being the only woman participating in the challenge and holding her own. She's a rockstar. I read a tweet tonight from Janelle (Big Brother) and she said something along the likes of, "Malcolm has to throw a ball against a former baseball player... how is this fair?!" I never thought of that until I read her tweet, it'd make sense for Jeff to step up and do the throwing on his tribe. But there's still no mention of people recognizing him? Then again 2/3 of their tribe is completely invisible, so.. who knows.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Pete is an excellent schemer. It will be interesting to see if anyone catches on to him. He's already managed to break up the strongest alliance pair and has them both turning to him, as well as roping in Lisa.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It would make sense to split Denise and Malcolm onto the other two tribes - I don't see how two people can compete in a team challenge, and then at TC they'd have to purple rock or doing firemaking, which is just dumb at this point.

The issue of course is that their carefully planned sekret alliance will now be out in the open - the two of them voted off their whole tribe, plus if they weren't already they'd be bonded by this experience. When Stephanie was all alone, didn't they give her one round immunity with the other tribe?

Pete is turning out to be all kinds of awesome. What might be saving him from the classic playing-too-hard-out-of-the-gate mistake is that they haven't had to go to TC, so while he's been stirring the pot, he hasn't had to go out on a limb and actually start targeting people, which often gets you voted out first.

Almost - almost - felt sorry for RC. But she was so arrogant at first, to see the rug pulled out from under her is just desserts. Abby is so hypocritical I can't stand it - she's accusing RC of betraying her, but it's Abby who broke confidence about the clue and blabbed, and Abby who went looking for it, and Abby who hasn't told RC she found it.

Interesting that like fans who mostly didn't want Penner on again and now are appreciating his love of the game, his tribe is seeing the same thing.

Poor blondie though - while she was making a good case for the girls to stick together, the other two just looked like they wanted to head over to the beach and play with the boys. #epicfail on a girls alliance on the yellow tribe I think.

vCash
    Right now, I am intrigued and rooting for:
    Denise & Malcolm
    Penner & Jeff
    Pete & ?? Lisa?

And for their hopefully soon boots: Abi & RC

vCash
    With the blue team dwindling down we finally got to see other people from the red tribe who are not Penner and Jeff Kent. And an episode where Skupin didn't hurt himself!

When Stephanie was all alone, didn't they give her one round immunity with the other tribe?
    No. She got a little bit of a reprieve her first week when they voted out Coby (who had voted for Stephenie) and the week after when Janu went crazy and quit, but she was never formally given any kind of immunity.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast