Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts
    It will be weeks before I get the names straight, but I hated the girls on the Yellow Tribe when they immediately made Lisa the outcast. Its like in high school where all the cool, popular kids are nice when others are around, but then they go and talk about you behind your back and make fun of you and make you the butt of jokes and the outcast. Can't stand those girls and unfortunately I'll have to keep rooting for Yellow to make sure Lisa stays on a while. She seems very friendly to me, unlike the beyotchs.
    I really like Lisa (from the little we've seen so far). She seems down to earth, unpretentious and smart. I'd love to see her team up with Skupin and go far.

vCash
    I missed last week.

Do people know Jeff is a former baseball star?!?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    bless angie's heart! cookies are nice
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Do people know Jeff is a former baseball star?!?
    One person on his tribe recognized him because her boyfriend watches a ton of baseball. They didn't show her talking with him about it, though, so either she did and there was nothing that came of it, or she's hiding the info until it becomes useful.

I liked Roxy in the premiere episode, but she really sank her own ship with her comments. She had some valid arguments, but she really ran with the information in the completely wrong way. I'm just glad that Denise wasn't the target, the older women always have an unfair shake at things early on in the season.

vCash
    All of a sudden, I'm not hating Abi and RC quite so much, if only because I'm anticipating a totally epic meltdown when one of them betrays the other.

I was screaming at Penner "LOOK AT THE LID, IDIOT!", so I was so glad when he finally figured out what "under your nose" actually meant and got the stupid idol. Whew.

So far, I really like Denise. Malcolm reminds me of someone when his hair is down, and I can't think of who it is and it's making me nuts.

I don't even want to know what Skupin does to end up with a bloody face next time.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    "Malcolm reminds me of someone when his hair is down, and I can't think of who it is and it's making me nuts."

Cynicelle, he reminds me of a young Mel Gibson.

vCash
    I'm surprised at Lisa's seemingly lack of a social game. She has seen every season of Survivor and is a big fan of the game, so she should've known better than to pull herself away from her tribe.

Glad Roxie is voted off, but Angie really needs to step up her game. She won't survive once the tribes merge.

I'm surprised to hear that Penner has on contact lenses. How was he able to pack contact lens solutions and have access to clean water and soap to change his contacts?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I am surprised by Lisa's lack of social game too - even if she is uncomfortable with small talk and not connecting with others, she should know that wandering off too much and isolating yourself is going to be a problem. But she seemed to a big part of that challenge, and things seem to turn on a dime ...

Speaking of which, bit of overediting on the blue tribe. 3 days ago Angie was a high school athlete who should have been the one to do the running segment, and now suddenly she's weighing the tribe down on challenges?

And Roxy's got some 'splainin to do to her lord - all that obsessing and hate on for some girl you just met? Methinks she needs to go back to her studies.

I knew the red team (Penner's) wasn't going to TC because there are still several players on that tribe we've barely seen. But here's my question:

Isn't anyone going to notice that the top of the rice container is missing? Even if he says "I guess it fell off" then where is it? It won't take long before everyone figures out that was the idol, and who likely has it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that Penner has on contact lenses. How was he able to pack contact lens solutions and have access to clean water and soap to change his contacts?
    That's one of the things that production provides for them, along with sunscreen, medications, and other essentials. I remember reading interviews from the first couple of seasons and the contestants back then mentioned it.

vCash
    I too am perplexed by Lisa's poor social game. She's suppose to be a fan of the game so she should know the outsider is the FIRST to go. At least she's not being a liability in challenges so that's a plus.

Artis, who is from New Orleans and got some preseason press that I read in the paper was shown for like 2 seconds the entire episode. I guess he has nothing important to say.

I've never like Penner so I'm hoping someone on his tribe sniffs out that the lid is gone and that he has the idol.

And I won't be surprised either if Abi and RC's alliance goes down in epic flames!!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    One person on his tribe recognized him because her boyfriend watches a ton of baseball. They didn't show her talking with him about it, though, so either she did and there was nothing that came of it, or she's hiding the info until it becomes useful.
    I'm thinking that was Roxy, but not sure.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It was one of the two dark haired women on Jeff's (red) tribe I thought - said her ex boyfriend watched a lot of sports so she recognized him, but planned to say nothing so she could potentially use the info later.

It's possible some on the other tribes have recognized him too, and I'd be surprised if others haven't also recognized Lisa. Her hair's been tied up for challenges, but they had that boat ride in with little to do other than check each other out.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I'm thinking that was Roxy, but not sure.
    I believe it was Dawson on Penner's tribe who recognized JK.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I'm probably wrong then. (Not the first time )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I believe it was Dawson on Penner's tribe who recognized JK.

It will be interesting to see what Dawson does with knowing who Jeff is. Does she share the news with others? Or keep it to herself for awhile?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Isn't anyone going to notice that the top of the rice container is missing? Even if he says "I guess it fell off" then where is it? It won't take long before everyone figures out that was the idol, and who likely has it.
    I wondered that, too, but then they showed Jonathan running around like a crazed person past the hair stylist and she didn't even look up, which made me laugh and then wonder if that was a sign that no one is paying attention.

That's one of the things that production provides for them, along with sunscreen, medications, and other essentials. I remember reading interviews from the first couple of seasons and the contestants back then mentioned it.
    Yeah, you see a lot of them wearing glasses in night shots because they've taken their contacts out, and some of them have had issues with swimming because their contacts were in when they got to a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Artis, who is from New Orleans and got some preseason press that I read in the paper was shown for like 2 seconds the entire episode. I guess he has nothing important to say.
    LOL! I was wondering where he came from. It was like, who's the guy with the earrings and who is this "Artis" Jeff keeps talking about.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I kind of remember reading that they were also provided with condoms. For those late night "slap and tickle" sessions among the palm fronds when you haven't showered in 2 weeks.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I kind of remember reading that they were also provided with condoms. For those late night "slap and tickle" sessions among the palm fronds when you haven't showered in 2 weeks.
    you remember correctly

no shower, no toothpaste etc

but i suppose if you can hot it right after you have both won a luxury comp w soap, the condoms might look more appealing
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Why did she say, "cookies would be nice."? What?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I wondered if that was her way of saying "I'm not getting into it." It seems the tribe had already decided to vote out Roxy, and therefore didn't want to respond to all her ranting.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast