Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    They would if they could work in a sponsor for one.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    "Look at how powerfully the KitchenAid blender just powers through those bones. We'll add just a little Coke for flavoring, because things go better with Coke. Mmmm, here you go, blended extra smooth and served in a fine Libby glass, available now at a K-Mart near our viewers at home."
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I might be mistaken, but I believe the last local food challenge was in Samoa, Russell's first season. They made "Survivor Smoothies" for that one. Bleargh.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    "Look at how powerfully the KitchenAid blender just powers through those bones. We'll add just a little Coke for flavoring, because things go better with Coke. Mmmm, here you go, blended extra smooth and served in a fine Libby glass, available now at a K-Mart near our viewers at home."

This would only work if they gave the tribes the recipe on a Sprint phone.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    We're here at last! Big Brother promises to be a photo finish, so hopefully we are in for a great night all round.

Remember no season spoilers please, and no hints either!!

vCash
    No comments on the first episode yet? Well, first impressions...interesting to see the number of people who are hiding their identities and who had them figured out - I'm very curious to see who will be outed. RC is probably fairly safe, as she doesn't have the issue of someone recognizing her.

Not disappointed that Zane got booted out, as he was already getting annoying...although Russell was also pretty irritating, so I felt like it was a win-win situation either way. I really like the Malcolm-Denise alliance on that tribe. Penner reminded me why I liked him all along and I hope his tribe keeps winning so he doesn't get the boot right away. Skupin also had a good start, although I had to laugh at the observation about "now I know why he had to get med-evac'd".

vCash
    I know it's been ages since the Australia season, but I really don't remember Skupin being that much of a klutz (aside from the accident that took him out, I guess). He's worse than Fabio was!

Russell made me and then with the whole "I'm not the leader. Now let's do this, and then we'll do this, and then after that we're going to do this ..." Way to not be the leader there, dude.

RC and Abi were annoying the crap out of me, which probably means they're the final two.

Lisa seems very sweet but like she really doesn't have a clue how to bond with the other players. Skupin's excitement over her was very cute, though.

I'm kind of going to miss Zane even though he was annoying. His explanation of his Frankenstein tattoo had me rolling.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I forgot this was on until 8:30!

Zane was entertaining for 2 minutes. And then he way overplayed his hand by blatantly making alliances with everyone, and then bragging about it. He thought he was so unique, but his plan was straight out of the Russell Hantz playbook, down to the Dumb Girl Alliance - only it looks like there's only one dumb girl on this tribe, so too bad!

Good for Russell for realizing that he made a huge mistake, but if he can't rein in his behavior in the first 3 days of the game, is he likely to check himself as things get tougher?

I like Denise and Morgan on that tribe.

Penner is also playing way too hard, but I missed the beginning, maybe he realized there was no shot with this group anyway?

OMG Skupin and his constant injuries!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't understand Zane. His big ploy to get people to favour him and keep him in the game...and then he tells everyone that Russell, the one they would have voted for instead of him..."most definitely" has the immunity idol. So after you set yourself up to stay, you evict your stupid ass by telling everybody "you can't vote for the guy with the Immunity Idol". That was just all KINDS of stoopid...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    RC and Abi were annoying the crap out of me, which probably means they're the final two.
    God, yes. Loathe them both. But I did nearly fall off the couch laughing when Abi sort of pushed herself right in front of Pete (?) the engineering student and then stretched while standing too close to him, arching back so her boobs were right in his face. PML! Subtle she is not.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Zane was entertaining for 2 minutes.
    I couldn't understand half of what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Penner is also playing way too hard, but I missed the beginning, maybe he realized there was no shot with this group anyway?
    Not from what they showed; he started looking for the HII right off while everyone else sort bonded.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    You could easily tell from the edit that Zane was going to get the boot.

Russell's "i'm not the leader, but do as I say" bit was really stupid, and may still come back to haunt him.

I now think that unless Jeff's knee is really bad, he may hang around for a while. Until he get's outed that is! Nobody is going to want to keep a zillionaire around.

And I'm really impressed with the sex therapist. She seems very wise, and could be a dark horse in the competition.

And I sort of felt sorry for Lisa. Being shunned as the "older woman" is probably hard for her to deal with. But she's got to find a way to hang around.

vCash
    BTW, baseball fun fact about Jeff. he is a big motocross rider, but one year he was fooling around on his bike and he fell off and broke his wrist right before the spring training. He then lied to the Giants about how he did it, only to get found out later. So deceit is definately in his makeup.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Great start, lots of people who seem to be there to play.

I can see why the tribe voted out Zane, even though he was fun and not annoying like Russell (in addition to his I'm not the leader/I'm the leader, he was constantly doing the I've done this before thing, quite tiresome). The obvious point is that he was playing way to hard out of the gate - I hope that fells RC too, loathe her. I think it's also the shock of how hard the first comp is, and the panic that they really need people who can do comps in the first weeks, so in the end I think that's why Zane's gone.

Too bad - interesting player, interesting personality. Too hard, too fast and also too fancy - complicated strategies are for the Boston Robs and the BB Dans of the world, and need to come later in the game when you really know who you are dealing with.

And I see the casting department has delivered me a cute southern boy for the third time, sigh.

vCash
    Yes. Malcom is eye candy for da Mama this season.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Zane is either an egoist or an idiot. Blowing the challenge and then stating that you should be voted off because of that, all the while expecting the others to like you well enough to keep you, is not very sound strategy.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Zane is either an egoist or an idiot. Blowing the challenge and then stating that you should be voted off because of that, all the while expecting the others to like you well enough to keep you, is not very sound strategy.
    But it was reverse psychology, silly. It's just that his tribemates were too stoopid to get that!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Great start.
    Love seeing Skupin again. I wonder if all the injuries are edited and occur over more than the first few days?? Of the 3 returnees - I love that he is not on his tribe's radar for eviction. His reaction about Blair/Lisa is very sweet like somebody said. Just a nice guy, one that I feel what we see is who he is in real life.
    Lisa is so not Blair! Seems like a really nice person, but it does look like the typical outcast of the older person.
    Penner - why is he here, oh he is a friend of Probst. I found I liked Penner at times and other times he annoyed me. He was getting in the annoying territory.
    Russell - other than his fainting, I could not remember him initially, now I do. Please go and not lead somewhere else.
    Denise - shrink - like her, smart and I love that a young guy (Malcolm ??) bonded with her. Smart to ally with people not in your demographic, people might not suspect and move further.
    Jeff - seems like a nice guy, and if not injured, will be nice to have around. But since at least 1 person knows who he is, he probably won't go far. I loved his comment about needing the money as basis to judge the winner - this is a game and that is what matters. Maybe they should just cast a bunch of millionaires and see how it goes (or a celebrity survivor which would be so fun).
    Zane - he just seemed almost a made up person - trying to be too many things - a little Russell Hantz, a little bit of Colton, and crazy like little Hantz (and I think Zane thought he was charming like Boston Rob - but not true).

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Denise - shrink - like her, smart and I love that a young guy (Malcolm ??) bonded with her. Smart to ally with people not in your demographic, people might not suspect and move further.
    The first time this strategy was used successfully was way back to season 2 - Tina and Colby formed an alliance very early, kept it underwraps, and made it to F2.

Surprised people don't employ this more often - but then again nowadays there are so few true alliance that start early and last to the end. Everyone forms alliances all over the place and breaks them within days.

Plus, unfortunately older women seem to have a hard time connecting on this show, maybe because so many young people tend to be cast, and none of them want a mom around?

Also, if Lisa doesn't want to be recognized, she should have her hair tied back all the time. That 80s hairstyle of hers is iconic and probably what first caught Mike's eye.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Penner - why is he here, oh he is a friend of Probst.
    Someone asked Jeff last season how many of the Survivors he kept in touch with and he said that the only one he talked to was Boston Rob and that was it.

The Sucksters were agog--what happened to Colby and Andrew Savage, who were his friends for years?

Jeff does like Penner as a player, though. I'm not really sure why; Jonathan gets the game but he doesn't seem play it very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

Jeff does like Penner as a player, though. I'm not really sure why; Jonathan gets the game but he doesn't seem play it very well.
    To me, Penner sounds like Alan Alda, so I sometimes think he is a wonderful person, like Hawkeye. They look nothing alike, but the voice!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast