Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have read this over and over and i still cant believe blair warner is on survivor
    it's either the best or worst idea ever
    go eastland!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Maybe Lisa can promise her fellow female contestants that she'll get them an introduction with Clooney if they keep her around till the final three .

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    hell, i'd keep her meet natalie
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Not sure how big the baseball player is, but the assumption might be that he's rich and doesn't need the money, and views might be mixed on how well-off a former child star from the 80s might be.
    Jeff Kent made over 80 million dollars in MLB, so no, he doesn't need the money. No way Lisa made anywhere near that much, but her show did air for a lot of years, so unless she's blown her money, she's probably fine. As for how big he is, he's pretty much a lock for the BB Hall of Fame, but he was overshadowed on the Giants by Barry Bonds.

I'm wondering if Jeff Kent will try and pull a Hogeboom and not tell people who he is. He owns a ranch in Texas, he could probably get by talking that kind of talk. But if anyone paid any attention to MLB over the last 10 years he'll likely be exposed.

I would be amazed if Kent does well. He was notorious for being a bad guy in the clubhouse, can't see him playing well with others in Survivor.
    Last edited by KHenry14; 08-21-2012 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm happy to see

Spoiler

come back. I'm kind of meh on the other two.
    Yeah, I basically have the same reaction.

Spoiler

vCash
    I don't know how I feel about the celebs/return players. I haven't watched a complete season of Survivor in a while because it's been disappointing. I used to be so obsessed.....I just want something that's going to hold my interest. Hopefully this is it.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the celebs/return players. I haven't watched a complete season of Survivor in a while because it's been disappointing. I used to be so obsessed.....I just want something that's going to hold my interest. Hopefully this is it.
    I do think this will be fine FiveRinger. As I said above, at least when Survivor casts famous or semi-famous people, they put them in the game as regular players and let them work it out, rather than touting their celebrity or giving them special positions - they save that for their own Survivor celebrities with mixed results.

Bringing back players who left for medical reasons is also a difference to me. They were playing fair and square, but left for non-game reasons and maybe deserve another shot.

Spoiler

vCash
    I recognize Jeff Kent's name as a mild baseball fan/follower. I probably wouldn't recognize him by face and just knowing his first name, but first and last, and then seeing him, yes, he is recognizable to me.

T'will be interesting. Not a fan at all of returning players (AGAIN), they need to give it a rest. I doubt that will happen though.

vCash
    It's official now:

'Survivor: Philippines': Michael Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan return, and talk about it here -- EXCLUSIVE

Just FYI: This seems to be one of those seasons that has been spoiled like crazy, so if you're not a spoiler fan, be careful about reading comment sections on these articles.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Interesting that Penner is listed as a writer, when his list of acting credits is longer than Lisa Whelchel's (who as appeared in just two credits since Facts of Life, the last more than 10 years ago). Penner actually has several series to his credit, as well as guest spots on major shows like CSI and Seinfeld.

Anyway, I'm liking the interviews and looking forward to the season.

And thanks Cynic for the warning - we are careful not to spoil on FSU Survivor threads, and careful even not to hint if we know anything.

vCash
    Yeah this season is very, very spoiled, especially since it filmed months ago. Same with Season 26 which is also done filming and won't air till 2013. Seems like our friends in the Philippines that had access to the set/cast were able to sniff out lots of spoilers.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Yeah this season is very, very spoiled, especially since it filmed months ago. Same with Season 26 which is also done filming and won't air till 2013. Seems like our friends in the Philippines that had access to the set/cast were able to sniff out lots of spoilers.
    That's annoying - after the Amazon the producers got better about it, but sounds like they didn't even bother this time. Hate the long lead time - way too much time for things to get out. Can't imagine what it's like for the players trying to keep secrets from their friends and families, and not knowing who won. Although I expect with such a long lead time, they'll figure it out as they talk with other players.

vCash
    I wouldn't even call her a celebrity, it's not like she has a show on TV now. She just wants to play the game like the ex NFL player. I hope she does well.

I'm also happy they are allowing the returning players. It's one thing to have the game beat you and be voted out; it's quite another to have to leave for medical reasons. I don't have a problem with letting Penner try again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I loved a tweet from Reality Steve asking why Tootie and Natalie aren't on!

Worst casting ever of a famous person.
    you take the good, you take the bad

vCash
    I love that Lisa has been cast. I just hope she doesn't hate on the gays.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I might actually watch for the first time in a LONG time. Actually, I think the last time I watched was Australia when the guy got burned. He is coming back so it seems I am being called to this season. I am a HUGE Facts of Life fan so I have to tune in, even if Lisa is a uber-Christian now who would probably drive me crazy in real life.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I might actually watch for the first time in a LONG time.
    I'm hearing a lot of that since the cast announcements. I think Lisa is drawing people in, and Skupin will bring back some lapsed viewers.

I think the return of well known players like Boston Rob, Coach, Ozzy, Russell etc was divisive - some people loved, some hated it. These three this season bring far few objections - especially as most only vaguely remember who they are.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lisa is a bible-thumper???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Oui. ^^^

vCash
    From the sound of some of the bios, that doesn't make her special in this cast.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast