vCash

Paralympics Coverage

I came across this article - http://www.disabled-world.com/sports...broadcasts.php Looks like the best US coverage will be on youtube.

I think BBC is doing much more.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post

I think BBC is doing much more.
    The BBC isn't the host broadcaster for the Paralympics in the UK, it's Channel 4.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    According to this C4 will be broadcasting over 500 hours of rolling coverage all day every day. Not sure if they will have different streams for different sports but the really good news is that Clare Balding is fronting the daily peaktime coverage

I presume that some feeds viewable in the US will surface.

vCash
    The IPC will also live stream more than 780 hours of sport on www.paralympic.org

During each day of London 2012, the IPC website will broadcast five streams of uninterrupted live coverage from the Paralympics with English commentary, including daily coverage of Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball and athletics, while a fourth channel will cover a range of sports. A fifth channel will broadcast a mixture of sports with Spanish commentary.

In addition, more than 1,000 hours of sporting action from a number of venues, including individual races and matches, will be made available as video on demand during the course of the Games. Two daily five minute news bulletins will also be produced in English and Spanish.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Any news about Cdn coverage?

vCash
    http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/scouts-beg...ic-torch-climb

The flame will be lit today for the Paralympic Games by Scout groups climbing to the highest peaks in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and striking a spark at the summits

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for posting the article!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Jordan withdraws Paralympians

Three members of the Jordanian Paralympic squad charged with sex offences will not be taking part in the Games, organisers have confirmed.

Organising committee Locog said the Jordanian Paralympic Committee had withdrawn the men from their team for London 2012.

The three, who appeared in court yesterday accused of committing a string of offences while in pre-Games training in Northern Ireland, are returning to Jordan.

“We have been informed by the Jordanian National Paralympic Committee that they will not be entering the athletes in question into the London 2012 Paralympic Games,” said a Locog spokeswoman.

“The athletes have returned to Jordan.”

The men are due back in court in Northern Ireland on October 18th.

Omar Sami Qaradhi, Faisal Hammash and Motaz Al Junaidi, all members of the Jordanian power-lifting squad, have been accused of a series of charges, including sexual assault and voyeurism, following complaints by two girls and two women in Antrim.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.