Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

U.S. Ladies [#4]: Gold or Pyrite?

Carry on....

vCash
    Ooo, a new thread. Kinda like taking that first run down the mountain in fresh snow! Love it!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    who is or what is a Pyrite ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    who is or what is a Pyrite ?
    Fool's gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    ugh oh that , omg i had a different spelling
    sorry

vCash
    Eh...I don't like the title. I feel like every page is going to be full of people debating whether or not Gracie Gold is the second coming... Is she "Gold" or is she pyrite? *sigh* I miss Michelle Kwan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Eh...I don't like the title. I feel like every page is going to be full of people debating whether or not Gracie Gold is the second coming... Is she "Gold" or is she pyrite? *sigh* I miss Michelle Kwan...
    As opposed to the other US ladiezzz threads where every other page was spent dumping on Flatt, Czisny and/or Nagasu for failing to live up to whatever expectations people had of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    As opposed to the other US ladiezzz threads where every other page was spent dumping on Flatt, Czisny and/or Nagasu for failing to live up to whatever expectations people had of them.
    Well at least Flatt, Czisny and Nagasu have had their fair share of failures and successes. Gracie's never even been to senior event and people are ready to hand her the US title and book her flight to Soichi. Trust me, the dumping will come as soon as she fails to live up to the flat out ridiculous expectations people are already piling on top of her. It's sad how desperate people are for a US contender...who cares if she's ready? Who cares if aside from her jumps her skating isn't all that spectacular? Send her to 4CC, senior worlds and WTT...we need her now!

I feel sorry for the kid already...

Here's hoping someone else decides to step up to the plate this summer. I'd love to see some of the other talented US ladies make a splash: Yasmin Siraj, Nina Jiang, Angela Wang, Leah Keiser, not to mention it'd be great if Christina Gao and Agnes Zawadski could get their crap together.

vCash
    Angela Wang needs an international assignment!!!!!!

vCash
    Well at least Flatt, Czisny and Nagasu have had their fair share of failures and successes. Gracie's never even been to senior event and people are ready to hand her the US title and book her flight to Soichi. Trust me, the dumping will come as soon as she fails to live up to the flat out ridiculous expectations people are already piling on top of her. It's sad how desperate people are for a US contender...who cares if she's ready? Who cares if aside from her jumps her skating isn't all that spectacular? Send her to 4CC, senior worlds and WTT...we need her now!
    It's made worse since US ladies skating is in the gutter and help is needed. One moderately good, consistent skater (i.e. Ashley Wagner this year) isn't enough. But as I don't think Gold is the second coming everyone else seems to think she is (yet, anyway), I'm willing to give her a little time. In the meantime, though, no one is willing to step up- or when we need TWO skaters to step up, only ONE does (Wagner this year, Czisny last year, Flatt in 2009, etc.)

I forgot whether I posed this question on the other thread, but I definitely did somewhere: I'm curious to see which one of Wagner and Gold will emerge as the better skater. Not intending on starting a nonexistent rivalry here but I'm just curious because in many ways I think they are similar skaters. They're both driven, more of the athletic type (as opposed to light like, say, Czisny), and relatively strong in jumps.

Also- we have confirmation that Nagasu intends to continue next season...but how about Flatt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    She didn't get named to Gardenia because she's already done a JGP. I'm sure we'll see her on the JGP next season.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    I prefer Wang as the next great American lady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I prefer Wang as the next great American lady.
    i could live with that.

i really like her ease and flow. really like it. here's somebody beside miyahara who has a ride out on her jump that satisfies my fix for olden-times fumie suguri. angela's jumps at nationals were not low, her 2a looked smooth coming in and going out. i don't see how tonia kwiatkowski could say she 'eeked' or 'squeaked' the 2a or whatever

although... if angela doesn't start stretching better and pointing her toes i'm going to bemoan another technically gifted skater neglecting some little things that are important to me. plus it makes her donut spin look awkward. if we could combine the dramatics and refinement of nina jiang with the ease and flow and jumps of angela, would we have our own patrick (patricia) chan? yes, i know he's several stratospheres above, but if i'm gonna dream, i'm gonna dream big.

although that messes with my plans to annoint leah keiser and mariah bell...

i know. as if anybody stands a chance with next year's worlds tickets already punched for ashley wagner and gracie gold... and probably the oly year, too...

vCash
    Yes, yes, you all get distracted by Gold, Wang, Keiser, and Bell. Then Miller can COME OUT OF NOWHERE.

vCash
    Hannah Miller will rule the universe.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hannah Miller will rule the universe.
    Shhhh. No. We're trying to keep that on the DL!

vCash

Here's hoping someone else decides to step up to the plate this summer. I'd love to see some of the other talented US ladies make a splash: Yasmin Siraj, Nina Jiang, Angela Wang, Leah Keiser, not to mention it'd be great if Christina Gao and Agnes Zawadski could get their crap together.

vCash
    Christina seems to have nothing going for her at this time except for her jumps. She doesn't put out any kind of personality in her skating. Agnes showed in the SP at Nats that she can be a factor but she seems to pull a Mirai or Sasha and always screw up her LP. As for Wang, Keiser, Jiang it's to early though i think that Keiser could grow into a beautiful skater.

vCash

ITA. After the Ladies' SP, Phil Hersh tweeted something to the effect, was Gracie Gold available? I tweeted back that he shouldn't do that even in jest and that he should leave her alone and let her evolve. I also said that he would be the first to tear her down as quickly as he had built her up.

vCash
    Nina Jiang for 2014 Olympic Champion!! She even looks like Yuna!!

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast