Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Adding my thanks for sharing all the videos. It's very much appreciated.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Yes I thank you so very much too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie2006 View Post
    Osmond was 2nd in the starting order and my friend pianomaya and me weren't present at the rink at this point - sorry that there is no video. I wouldn't miss pairs training which was going on at the same time in the practice rink.
    A huge thanks to you and pianomaya!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I am only one who feel sad for Ralf-Hill and wish to see video of there "Barcelona" FD.
    Yes, I too would like to see their FD.

Thank you for posting all those videos, Maofan7! And a huge, huge thanks to Tatjana2541, of course.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Donlan/Speroff's 3rd place FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oev9MmPtaPY

James/Cipres' 4th place FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FW5RU_qbk

Popova/Massot's 5th place FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aojS94BkYCI
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-02-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ralph and Hill's FD has now been uploaded by two different users.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Thanks! I love this song and Haris dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Thank you very much. But I must say - my impression is that this song is too strong for them. In other words, the music is stronger than their program and skating. It's like the music and the dance are separate from each other. But, to tell the truth, I expected something like that already before seeing this FD. I think it would take really strong and special skaters to interpret this song in an adequate manner in their dance. Ralph and Hill are good and nice, but they are not of that level (at least yet).

vCash

vCash
    I just watched Ralph/Hill and Heekin-Canedy/Dun back to back and am utterly perplexed how H-C/D managed to come out on top. Both were seriously off balance on the twizzles, and yet three judges give them zeroes and one a +1? They interact little with each other and are lacking in facial and upper-body expression. What am I missing here?

vCash
    The billionaire dad?

As for being off balance on twizzles but still getting 0s and 1s, well judges never seem to notice stuff like this. :/

It appears to me that while judges look for certain major errors they don't seem to think about the quality of the execution in general as much as they should.

vCash
    Donlan/Speroff Gala performance- http://youtu.be/QmXsgqdy_Rk Posted by Tatjana2541. God bless them for posting this video!
    It is breathtaking!
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 10-06-2012 at 02:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    I just watched Ralph/Hill and Heekin-Canedy/Dun back to back and am utterly perplexed how H-C/D managed to come out on top. Both were seriously off balance on the twizzles, and yet three judges give them zeroes and one a +1? They interact little with each other and are lacking in facial and upper-body expression. What am I missing here?
    Siobhan was off-balance on the 3rd twizzle, which is not required, so errors on it are not penalized nearly as severely as on the first two, but at worst could be considered a "poor exit" even in the case of a fall, for example (see page 35 here: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Conte...sandJudges.pdf). The first set was fine and could potentially be in the pluses and he lost balance about halfway through the 2nd twizzle. The unison was also lost on the 2nd twizzle so I personally would give -1 since the error from the element seriously enough that I couldn't call it "adequate" overall even considering the 1st set.

living every minute
    vCash
    R/H is better than when I saw it at Thornhill but still don't get it. I find myself watching him and forgetting she's even there. Although her dress is lovely and she seems to be doing all the steps, I don't get much emotion or attitude or even relating to Asher from her.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Latest competition videos uploaded at: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tatjana2541

FS: Haruka Imai, Viktoria Helgesson, Nathalie Weinzierl, Brooklee Han (also SP), Juulia Turkkila (also SP), Isadora Williams, Sarah Hecken, Caroline Zhang

SP: Andrei Rogozine, Paul Bonifacio Parkinson, Yakov Godorozha, Alexei Bychenko, Valtter Virtanen, Vitali Luchanok, Zoltan Kelemen, Mark Webster

SP: Popova/Massot, Vartmann/Van Cleave, Montalbano/Krasnopolski (also FS)

FD: Bernardi/Mior, Aiken/Whidborne, Mysliveckova/Brown (also SD), Reed/Rogov
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-10-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: to add more names
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    IBoth were seriously off balance on the twizzles, and yet three judges give them zeroes and one a +1?
    Just had a look at this on the video He was more off balance than her but only on the second twizzle. She had a little glitch on the third twizzle but got it back pretty quickly - it was really only a second. However you also have to take into account that whilst he was towards the camera, she was on the judges side. She may have been blocking the view of some of the judges of him. If the judges view was obscured of him then the judges have to give the benefit of the doubt. Not sure about the +1 but I think a judge could also justify a base value on them because overall the majority of the element was not too bad. The speed was good and the unison overall was okay.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Haruka was lovely. I hope she does much better in gps

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324