Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    moving right along
    vCash
    Nathan Chen = growing pains. I lurrrve watching Arutunian talking and listening to him as they leave the ice. Keep working hard Nathan. It will pay off.

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    What is Nathan Chen's coaching and choreographer's change that everybody in live feed is talking about? I missed that info
    I assume they aren't happy with Arutunian's hand in his development. But they've gone overboard I think (the live feed folks) in bemoaning the change in Nathan's programs. He can't stay a cute little kid forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I assume they aren't happy with Arutunian's hand in his development. But they've gone overboard I think (the live feed folks) in bemoaning the change in Nathan's programs. He can't stay a cute little kid forever.
    I agree. Just as Mirai couldn't stay a perky little kid forever (and she already stayed that way longer than usual) -- this season she's coming back fierce!

I think if Nathan had landed her 3A(s?), he would've been much happier and perkier. He didn't land the 3A in LA Open either, right?

moving right along
    vCash
    Kitaro Imori Shotaro Omori was good too. Nice programs from the JR men.

vCash
    How many groups of senior men/ladies will there be? 1 group of 8 or 2 groups of 4?

vCash
    Wow, Shotaro Omori has improved IMMENSELY in the past year, that was wonderful. And Vincent of course is an incredible prodigy, it's just crazy how good he is at his age. I hope Nathan will get the 3A more consistent and present the rest of his program with more spark later on in the season.

vCash
    I agree with you. Cute and fast can only take you so far. At some point one has to slow down and make every movement deliberate. I certainly am not qualified to know if now is the right time, but it does not seem like a tragic misstep to me just on the basis on that- not a bad one- skate.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Wasn't even bad. Shaky start and then pulled it together for a fine skate. Casblanca was a better program though.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Shotaro Omori's first Axel was a triple! He learned the jump under Tammy Gambill this year.

Unofficial results: Vincent Zhou 184.something (I counted 7 triples landed!), Shotaro Omori 181.03, Nathan Chen 179.94, Daniel Samohin 143.57, Nix Phengsy 128.29.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    How old is Zhou? He's too young for the JGP, right?
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Zhou won't turn 12 until October! So he won't be ISU Junior age-eligible until the 2014-15 season.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-03-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Zhou was amazing live. Great choreography and so much confidence.

Omori's 3A-2T was beautiful in the warm-up and beautiful in the competition. Still really scratchy skating at times. I could hear him from halfway across the rink.

Chen is polished for his age but seems to skate through the music a little bit. I don't know if it's just the music choice or what, but it's a disconnect I felt in the SP and again in the LP tonight. He fell twice in the warmup on the 3A and fell the same way on it in the performance. Does he actually have this jump, or was this just an off competition for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by legjumper View Post
    Omori's 3A-2T was beautiful in the warm-up and beautiful in the competition. Still really scratchy skating at times. I could hear him from halfway across the rink.
    Interesting, thanks for the impression, because that definitely did not come across to me on the video, and his flow looked really good. I do remember thinking he was kind of scratchy seeing him live last year, so that was one thing I thought he had improved a lot, though maybe not as much as it seemed on the video.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I think Nathan Chen has landed the 3A once in competition this summer - still a "new" jump for him this season.

Skate order for 2nd group of Senior Ladies FS (2 groups of 4): Sophia Adams, Leah Keiser, Carolyn-Ann Alba, Katarina Kulgeyko (WD?).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-03-2012 at 03:14 AM.

vCash
    Katarina Kulgeyko's name wasn't announced for the warmup, so it looks like she has withdrawn. She didn't look her usual self in the SP and I hope she's OK.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've been told that Keiser plans to skate the Junior version of her FS tonight at Golden West in preparation for her upcoming JGP. So that means she will take the automatic time deduction since the Senior FS is 30 seconds longer than Junior.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    i was posting in the golden west site but now it won't let me.. weird.. great to have live skating though
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    leah has a lovely quality to her skating, shame about the popped lutz

moving right along
    vCash
    I lurrrve Leah Kaiser's music. The Four Seasons (Glazunov) - very thematic ballet music with lots of bits to choose from that all work well together. Good to see John Nicks talking with his skater. I'm sure he's calming her down about the rough patches.

vCash
    I lurrrve Leah Kaiser's music. The Four Seasons (Glazunov) - very thematic ballet music with lots of bits to choose from that all work well together. Good to see John Nicks talking with his skater. I'm sure he's calming her down about the rough patches.
    I agree.. really suited her and Nicks is just a treasure

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast