Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Is Michael Phelps in danger of losing his Medals?

Louis Vuitton Campaign

Photos of Phelps taken by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz were leaked on the Internet late last week, violating the International Olympic Committee's controversial Rule 40, which states athletes can't promote any non-Olympic sponsors from July 18 to Aug. 15.

Punishments for the rule range from fines to a stripping of medals.

The campaign was set to begin on Aug. 16 in order to comply with the IOC's campaign against ambush marketing. Someone jumped the gun and the photos appeared on a wide variety of websites starting on the second Tuesday of the Olympics.

Louis Vuitton denies releasing the photographs, as does Phelps' camp.

Rule 40 states "a competitor or a team may lose the benefit of any ranking obtained in relation to other events at the Olympic Games at which he or it was disqualified or excluded; in such case the medals and diplomas won by him or it shall be returned to the IOC." In other words, Phelps could theoretically be stripped of his medals from London.
    I highly doubt either Michael or Louis Vuitton released these photos pre-maturely. That would be extremely stupid.
    Someone else released them, he should not be punished for this.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    He's in as much danger of losing his medals as having pigs fly out of his ass.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Ouch.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    He's in as much danger of losing his medals as having pigs fly out of his ass.
    What about flying monkeys?
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Or a "flying squirrel"?

vCash
    His medals are also probably good for the IOC so they probably wont do anything.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Is that Michael Phelps or Henrik Rummel in the bathtub?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If the photos truly "leaked" then I don't think there is a problem. If the photos were stolen and leaked ahead of schedule then you really can't hold Michael accountable for the fact that Louis Vuitton can't protect their work. It seems to me that the athletes would be allowed to go and do the work associated with promoting other brands (photo-shoots, filming commercials, radio spots, etc) so long as they did not get a public release until the cut off date had passed.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    We'll see what happens but I can believe LV would release them early. Perhaps Phelps would too. It gives the campaign some press and Phelps is not going to lose those medals. All hell will be let loose if he would lose medals base on rule 40. Phelps will be warned and who ever does it next will stand a greater chance of not being able to compete and/or have their medals taken away. Athletes and their sponsors are so annoyed with rule 40.

vCash
    The IOC should chill out and concentrate on catching dopers and easing corruption. The Olympics are over and Michael did not release the pictures himself.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Geez, who cares? Also, the first photo has a lot of "huh?" levels in it. It's just styled, posed, and (non)cleaned-up rather unglamorously, and doesn't flatter Phelps (in pink goggles at nipple level in the water looking thirsty) or the bag that happens to be on the dirty floor. Points for the change that spilled out of his pocket though - that's hilarious.

The second photo is just oddly spaced ... he doesn't look comfortable sitting there.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The IOC should chill out and concentrate on catching dopers and easing corruption. The Olympics are over and Michael did not release the pictures himself.
    Errr the IOC are chilled out. This is all complete speculation on the part of the writer of this article. Unless I've missed something.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Am I seeing things or is that a big bubble in the water? Did Phelps let out a big fart?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Comansnala?
    vCash
    To be quite open ... my first thought after I've read the lines of this particular topic was ... so they've got him at last ...

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    To be quite open ... my first thought after I've read the lines of this particular topic was ... so they've got him at last ...
    That would be highly shocking, given the trajectory and patterns of his whole career; if you are familiar with it.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    All those athletes sticking needles in their butt, and the IOC is worried about pictures.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm seriously starting to believe that some people have reading comprehension issues.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Am I seeing things or is that a big bubble in the water? Did Phelps let out a big fart?
    Peeing, farting... What's next?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I'm seriously starting to believe that some people have reading comprehension issues.
    You just noticed this now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast