vCash

Florent Amodio - music suggestions

Florent posted this on his facebook page:
    "I NEED YOU !!!
    HAVE YOU GOT NICE IDEAS FOR MY NEW PROGRAMS 2013 !! ?? WRITE IT THERE PLEASE OR INBOX"

I am sure that FSU must have an idea or two.

vCash
    Ha ha, can't wait to hear some of the music suggestions. Hopefully, any music picked will not be spoiled by Morosov's ott choreography. Perhaps Florent's cry for ideas means he realizes that he needs to revamp the direction his career, choreo, skating style have been going in the last few seasons.

And yes, Florent placed well at Worlds in Nice... which means the timing is right to rethink/ revamp. Good luck, Florent.

vCash
    Florent is extremely musical skater, but rather oddly he chose to skate show-off programs in which he stands still and thrust his hips
    I suggest he watches some Lambiel programs, as I believe he could go into that direction of choreography: original, avaunt-garde and not extent of charisma.
    He knows the Miki Ando morozoved programs he has now won't cut it with this field right now

vCash
    He can skate to anything he wants. He is so light and musical.
    The problem is the choreography he got !

vCash
    As he is such a great dancer he should have some music with a catching rhytm...

vCash
    Minor Swing!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Something that doesn't involve him grabbing his crotch and making constipated faces would make a nice change.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Something that doesn't involve him grabbing his crotch and making constipated faces would make a nice change.
    you forgot the hip thrusting...
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    La cucaracha !
    Or Tata Yoyo. What ? I'd love that
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I would vote for Canned Heat by Jamiroquai. Too bad it has lyrics, although maybe that won't stop Florent.

vCash
    Florent changing choreographers might be the solutiuon to all his problems, has he ever considered this option? But maybe Morozov will make all of us a pleasant surprise next season, who knows...

vCash
    He should skate Carmen based on this musical version and choreography:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_S-8dIzLZc

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Did I stumble into a Plushenko thread??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Something by Moby, David Guetta, or Armin van Buuren, get them rearranged with lyrics edited out. (Though Judges probably won't know what to make of it in this conservative sport!)

Focus on Rhythm and allegro movements. He could be the modernity and dynamism in men's figure skating (he has more raw talent in that area than even Daisuke, who only evolved in these areas as he matures and now seems to occupy that space) , but too often resolve to lazy contrivances/cliches, thanks to one Morozov, King of Cheese.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Florent is extremely musical skater, but rather oddly he chose to skate show-off programs in which he stands still and thrust his hips
    I suggest he watches some Lambiel programs, as I believe he could go into that direction of choreography: original, avaunt-garde and not extent of charisma.
    He knows the Miki Ando morozoved programs he has now won't cut it with this field right now
    I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. When I first saw Amodio I was excited to see how he would progress. I was kinda horrified by his program last year. It really was a " what the hell were they thinking" moment. He is so much better that that choreography and music choice. I do think however that a lot of it came from him. It was kinda arrogant really because it seemed to just thumb his nose at what was expected of him and what he could deliver. It seems like he was saying " screw you I just want to have fun"
    Hopefully he has learned that that is not going to win him competitions. He is a beautiful skater and he needs everything he has got because the men's field is the tightest it has ever been in my memory and getting more competitive by the year. There are ten guys who could easily medal. TEN! That is unbelievable.
    Last edited by chantilly; 08-17-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Omission

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    He should skate Carmen based on this musical version and choreography:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_S-8dIzLZc
    I don't know about Carmen since there are possibly two dance teams skating to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Florent posted this on his facebook page:
    "I NEED YOU !!!
    HAVE YOU GOT NICE IDEAS FOR MY NEW PROGRAMS 2013 !! ?? WRITE IT THERE PLEASE OR INBOX"

I am sure that FSU must have an idea or two.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3QoLBLeJjk This would be perfect for him in the sp...so catchy!