Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daisies View Post
    What I posted above was for the U.S., so I don't know about other countries, but, again, Gold and Masters adults (in the U.S.) now have the option of a choreo sequence or choreo step sequence. This is new for 2012-13.

Ever since they announced this change, though, I, too, have been wondering about the choreo step button. The choreo step doesn't even exist on the Scale of Values, so I have to assume there will be a separate notification released for adults that will specify how the choreo step will be scored.
    The Choreo Steps are not on the SOV anymore because they just don't exist anymore. And there is no button for it on the Data Entry.

There are going to be lots of changes which need to be reflected into lower levels and adults to cater for the change in the software. I wouldn't mind betting they will just put in a Choreo Sequence for the adults.

What this will also mean is skaters must make sure they submit their PPCs before every competition and make sure it is up to date so the element gets identified.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    The Choreo Steps are not on the SOV anymore because they just don't exist anymore. And there is no button for it on the Data Entry.

There are going to be lots of changes which need to be reflected into lower levels and adults to cater for the change in the software. I wouldn't mind betting they will just put in a Choreo Sequence for the adults.

What this will also mean is skaters must make sure they submit their PPCs before every competition and make sure it is up to date so the element gets identified.

Choreo Steps still exist as a valid element in US for Juvenile and Intermediate skaters, but it appears that ChSq (Choreo Sequence) is supported for US adults in the verification rules.

And yes it does help to submit PPCs before every competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlyon60 View Post
    Choreo Steps still exist as a valid element in US for Juvenile and Intermediate skaters, but it appears that ChSq (Choreo Sequence) is supported for US adults in the verification rules.
    So is ChSq the only code available for adults, regardless of whether it's all steps or includes spirals etc. as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    So is ChSq the only code available for adults, regardless of whether it's all steps or includes spirals etc. as well?
    That is correct. It is the only code for any element that isn't a levelled step sequence. Because there is nothing else to classify steps or spirals as. I know in Australia they are going to review this for the lower levels too.

Most of the associations are going to have to play catch up on with changing their rules for the non-ISU divisions to accommodate this latest update to the ISUCalc software. The software change only came in a couple of weeks ago.

Actually if you go to Page 12 of this document (it is the manual for the Data Entry software), it will show you what the new Data Entry screen looks like for singles events. You will also see it can accommodate the new Base Level elements.

http://www.isujudgingsystem.com/file...anual_V3.0.pdf
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 08-29-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12