Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Amelie Lacoste did the FS only at the Quebec summer competition. Yet she has already been assigned to the US International "B" event in SLC. I'm sure this won't be the only example of a deviation from the "standards".
    That's probably because she is last year's national champion and still does not have a Worlds qualifying score (SP TES =28, FS TES=48). Here are LaCoste's TES scores from last season's events.

Worlds (16th) SP 25.80, FS 44.89
    4C (7th) SP 25.84, FS 43.84
    Skate Canada (7th) SP 26.71, FS 43.22
    Rostlecom (8th) SP 25.03, FS 46.98
    World Team Trophy SP 23.72 FS 45-05

In each case she was at least one big error from achieving the Worlds qualifying score. She does also have one GP assignment this fall (Canada) but I guess they figure she needs as many tries as she can get to lay down a clean SP and reasonably clean FS.

On the one hand, last year's consistently weak performances make one think "why bother?" On the other hand, the next ranked Canadian lady is Phaneuf and she not only needs a qualifying score but will miss the entire fall season recovering from surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Lacoste wouldn't be the first ladies national champion SC has discarded.
    Yeah, I'm actually a bit surprised that Skate Canada hasn't discarded Lacoste, too. But I guess that most of the younger ladies are still developing and Osmond still doesn't have a long track record. If anything happened to Osmond or if she starts becoming a head case, SC could be stuck without anyone meeting the minimum score for Worlds if they stuck all their eggs in one basket.

On reflection, I wish that SC had decided to use the second spot in SLC for Osmond. She really needs the points after not getting any fall assignments last year and I don't think that helping Lacoste get a better start order at Skate Canada is a good enough reason to keep Osmond at home.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I found one of Charbonneau's program's from this summer.

Skate Detroit LP

Sorry the other links were actually from 2011, though they had 2012 in the title...
    Last edited by danafan; 08-25-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Wrong year sorry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    I found one of Charbonneau's program's from this summer.

Skate Detroit LP
    If this is her Skate Detroit initial round FS in late July, she scored 72.90. Charbonneau improved her Final round FS score to 91.63 (finishing 4th behind Hannah Miller, Gracie Gold, and Kaetlyn Osmond).

Sorry the other links were actually from 2011, though they had 2012 in the title...
    Yes, it's confusing - 2012 Minnesota State Championships took place in August 2011.
    ETA: The official results for the recent 2013 Minnesota State Championships have been published online and Kate Charbonneau scored a total of 122.16. chipso1 had posted in the U.S. Club Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry that Charbonneau scored "49-point-something" in her SP (her Skate Detroit SP score was 41.14) and "120 something [total]... so her FS score was somewhere between 70-80 points."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The only two I can see who meets the SC criteria are Osmond, and she's going to Nebelhorn, and Kitty Qian, although since her hardest jump is 3Lo -- which won the Olympics for John Curry and Robin Cousins -- with 138.X at BC Summerskate, she might not "have attained a score that demonstrates a top 5 placement at that level of competition."
    Sandrine MARTIN (N5 at 2012 Canadians) and Kitty QIAN (qualified for Canadians in Senior but WD) are the 2 new ladies' alternates listed for JGP #5 in Slovenia on the ISU site (link is posted in the JGP Entries thread in Kiss and Cry).

Martin competed at Liberty in July and scored 119.84 total to win Junior Ladies Group A. She then placed 3rd in the FS Final with a score of 77.70 and landed a 3F and two 3S. At the Québec Summer Championships in August, Martine edged Julianne Séguin (77.10 to 73.75) in the Junior FS Groupe 2 - here's Martine's winning performance to Liszt's "Liebestraum" (4 triples including a 3T that she doubled in her Liberty FS Final): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24662291

Here are Kitty Qian's Senior programs from BC SummerSkate:
    SP (48.68): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24761695
    FS (89.62): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24787627
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    2013 Minnesota State Championship results are finally online, and Kate Charbonneau had a total score of 127.16 to win the senior ladies event.

(All IJS results from MN State)

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    That's very close to the 130 benchmark. I wonder if she'll get Skate Canada.

vCash
    That's very close to the 130 benchmark. I wonder if she'll get Skate Canada.
    Charbonneau scored 132.77 at Skate Detroit if her higher FS Final round score is counted (41.14 SP + 91.63 FS Final). I wonder if Finlandia Trophy is an option for her?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I just hope they give our senior women a shot. I know it's fun to make fun of the Canadian women's skaters, but you can't get better if you don't get a chance to compete.

I think Skate Canada has made good choices with our JGP assignments for the women.

Are there any other club competitions the Canadians might be entering?

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I just hope they give our senior women a shot. I know it's fun to make fun of the Canadian women's skaters, but you can't get better if you don't get a chance to compete.

I think Skate Canada has made good choices with our JGP assignments for the women.

I agree they should provide opportunities especially to those senior who are still developing and improving like Charbonneau..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    This is the general Canadian club competitions thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84304

I'v compiled some of the known high total scores to date for Canadian skaters in U.S. club comps here: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-competitions/

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Charbonneau scored 132.77 at Skate Detroit if her higher FS Final round score is counted (41.14 SP + 91.63 FS Final). I wonder if Finlandia Trophy is an option for her?
    If that's the case, she's the only Senior Lady besides Osmond who met the Senior B requirements, since Lacoste only skated one phase of a summer comp.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I am thinking the front runner right now is Charbonneau. Close second would be Desanctis. Maybe they are waiting for the High Performance camp next week to decide. They may be holding out hope for Samson. or perhaps Najarro is ready.

vCash
    Seguin has been assigned to a 2nd JGP in Slovenia. She did skate well in France. Hopefully she can fix the few mistakes and pick up her speed. Good "go for it" attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Seguin has been assigned to a 2nd JGP in Slovenia.
    Could this be a provisional assignment for her? Skate Canada has yet to post their entries for Slovenia (JGP #5) on their site: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Developmen...ault.aspx#jrgp

vCash
    Her name is listed here with others being substitutes.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027917.htm

Unless SC just had to submit names?

vCash
    I hope someone else gets the chance, hopefully Kitty Qian, she was great at BC Summer Skate while Seguin was less than impressive at her JGP.

vCash
    Kitty is so "hit and miss". Seems like for her if there is any pressure she crumbles. 3 years ago in Junior she had a huge lead after the short program and had a disasterous long to fall way down i nthe standings. 2 years ago she managed to keep it together in Victoria. Last year she didn;t even make it past Challenge. Not much competition for her at BC Summerskate this year. Skating at home with no pressure. I really don;t think she would be a good choice for JGP, especially without a 3Lz or 3F.

vCash
    Kitty Qian reportedly suffered a concussion in a collision with Kate Charbonneau (who sprained her back) in the warm-up before the FS at Challenge last December. That's why I assume Qian could not go to Canadians as the 1st alternate and Christina Yan (who placed behind Qian at Challenge) went instead. Speaking of Yan (14th in Senior at Canadians), she trained this summer in Colorado Springs and competed in a couple of U.S. club competitions (her high total score was 123.03 at Broadmoor Open in June), landing some clean 3S and 3T and attempting 3F (not quite there yet).

Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Unless SC just had to submit names?
    That what I was wondering because USFS normally submits "placeholder" names and later finalizes the assignments after results from the skaters' 1st JGP competitions are known. I believe entries/substitutes had to be submitted for Slovenia before the conclusion of the JGP in Courchevel.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-28-2012 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    With the entry list for the SLC Senior B posted, where would you expect Lacoste to place?

I guess similar with Nebelhorn, where would you expect Osmond to place.

Assume of course that both skate the way they have been. Is it realistic to expect top 5?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast